Olympic National Forest, WASHINGTON

Camping Washington Olympic National Forest
Most Recent Olympic National Forest Camping Reviews
Across form the beach

I stayed in this campground mainly because I wanted to be near the beach, but also due to the easy of booking the site online. Traveling solo, booking in advance really helps. I was directly across the street(in the campground) from the beach. I could hear the sound of the waves all the time from my site. The campground was very clean, and spread out for the most part. The other sites were very visible from mine, but it wasn't a bother. The bathrooms, while there were no showers were very well kept, and maintained. The trails from the campground to hike around in were a little confusing, but still really nice once you got on the actual trail. The Kalaloch Lodge which was just down the road provided a much needed scenic breakfast to me on my last morning there.  I would most definitely stay here again should I return to the PNW.

Not coming back, but a cheap stop

It’s 9:30, and the full hookup sites are blaring “how to save a life” by the fray, two sites down there’s an odd couple with a trailer arguing over the generator. I can hear the crowd in the little cabins on the other side of the campground. There’s no privacy here. The sites are all right on top of each other. Just hope you get a day when the crowd is good. On the bright side, the rest of the sites are being considerate, it’s open in winter, they have showers, and there are three tent sites for $20/night. Ear plugs are of good use here. We are using it as a stop over on our way out to the other side of the peninsula.

Pacific Northwest Perfection

This is possibly the most beautiful National Park I have visited. Perfect campground along a river populated with deer, elk, and bears. Use your bear box! This is a rain forest so expect everything to be moist in the morning. There are still working pay phones here and fantastic interpretative center. There is a little town 15-20 minute drive away that has a supermarket, a large general store, and WiFi. The very best spot is Loop C, spot 78.

Just gorgeous!

We absolutely loved our stay here (9/5-9/7)! We arrived on a weekday and the campground was fairly empty, so we were able to grab a great spot in the A loop with easy access to the restrooms and the trails to the visitor center. The campground is first come, first serve, dry camping, and the dump station was out of service while we were there.

There are both back-in and pull- through sites with concrete pads, fire rings, and picnic tables. Some tight turns and low-hanging trees but our 32’ fifth wheel managed just fine. Plenty of wildlife, including deer, rabbits, birds, squirrels, and numerous banana slugs.

The visitor is an easy walk from the campground. The hiking trails were simply gorgeous and we definitely did not stay long enough to thoroughly enjoy this area of Olympic National Park.

Nearby Forks, WA is a 45 minute drive from the campground.

Two bars of Verizon LTE but it varied throughout the park.

A note about the drive in: We are very glad we arrived on a weekday! The road into this campground is narrow, and there were times we were driving over the centerline to keep our rig on the road. There is no shoulder for most of the drive and we did not want to meet any oncoming traffic with a rig as long as ours. It’s doable but take it slow!

Great park

We pulled in late at night and on off season and they still accommodated us!

Nice place

We went there first of October. $30 to get inside the park but if you have a America beautiful pass for $80 it’s good for a year. In the RV area with electric hook ups is more like a parking lot Loop b is pretty much tents only. Loop a there are a few decent size sites 14-19 but you better have reservations. It’s $25 a night for the campground. The hike to the falls is nice and not too bad or long.

Great location

We were able to find several options at this first-come, first-serve campground on July 4 this summer. The sites are fairly close together but our neighbors were quiet. It was a short walk between sites to reach the bathhouse and water spigots. Overall very clean and nice campground.

Nice place

Stayed in loop 4 was a nice camp ground, clean and fairly level. Full hookups and a fire pit.

Great property, but hookup spots are SUPER close

The property itself is great. There’s a playground and a couple large open fields for kids to play. Also really close to the water which is cool. The spots with hookups are REALLY close together though. This was our first time in a hookup spot so we were a bit surprised how close we were to our neighbors, but this could be typical, we’re not sure. We were in spot #4.

Fall Camping

This campground is amazing! Our group stayed in loop C and we had a blast. The campground was very clean, even the bathroom :) So many trails all over the campground to enjoy while your here, it was a very quiet aswell. You can hear the shooting at gravel pit but it’s not very loud at all. Also the host is super nice and willing to answer any questions.

Absolutely wonderful

Unfortunately, I only got to stay here one night, but I would definitely have liked to stay longer. I arrived pretty late the Friday before Labor Day, and had no problems finding a site. The atmosphere was beautiful, the bathrooms were clean, and it has a great location for seeing the sites of Port Angeles and Hurricane Ridge.

Small, Beautiful

Only 16 RV sites, which I find is a plus. All have views of beautiful Hood Canal. There are several cabins on the property, as well as a small inn. Property is well maintained. Would have given five stars, if not for the noise from the 101, which is just feet away. All in all, a very nice campground.

Perfect Sunset Campground!

A gorgeous campground! With many sites keep in mind that your neighbors and you will be aware of each other’s presence. With that said, if you get a coastal view (which is hard) you will have your privacy. Facilities were very clean and the beach was amazing!

Great campground, good for hammocks!

There are 2 areas an RV section and a tent camping area, I drove through the RV area and it seems nice enough but there is no separation.

The tent section is really nice and while it does lack as much separation between sites the sites are very spacious, lots of room for bigger tents and most sites have enough trees that hammock camping shouldn’t be a problem. Several of the tent sites are on a bluff and you can hear the ocean all night, great white noise.

DOWN SIDE: it rained pretty hard my second day here and half my camp site was flooded! If I’d have put up a tent it would have been right where the water was pooling. Not all the sites had this problem, but the ones along the bluff seemed pretty wet.

ALSO - RACCOONS!!!! Lots of them and they will come right into your site and climb up on the table looking for stuff.

Nice setting

This is a nice campground, with room for drop in camping. It is very close to the main road and not very quiet. The campsites were well maintained as were the bathrooms. Our campsite was very wooded and visually pretty private, despite road traffic very nearby. The day use beach area was great for launching a kayak, and has a boat ramp for larger vessels. Willaby creek offers a nice setting for walks and picnics.

Amazing hikes!

Spent two days seeing the entire north side of the park from the rain forest to the numerous waterfalls to the amazing beaches!

Rainy day

I arrived after dark and it was rainy. I did spend time at the springs, which was nice. The camping spots are very close together, but the area is scenic.

A lovely spot, even in the rain.

It was pouring rain when I arrived, but the next morning it cleared for a couple of hours. The weather kept me from exploring as much as I wanted, however the campsite itself was worth it. I wish I had another day to spend hiking. I'll definitely return.

Beautiful lake views!

Camped 2 nights - Thursday and Friday - after Labor Day. The sites are first come, first serve and it was pretty full by 3pm that Thursday (which surprised us). Never the less we snagged a great walk in site, #70, with views of the lake a short scramble down to the lake, and woods on one side. I loved this place - only down side was road noise across the lake at night. Will definitely be back!

Amazing Scenic Valley

Everything about the Enchanted Valley is amazing. This was my first ever backpacking trip. I did it with my Dad when I was 8 years old and it has been a favorite ever since then.

The valley has a Chalet that was originally built by the Olympic Recreation Company in 1931 and has amazingly survived all this time. In recent years the Quinault River has shifted threatening the Chalet. In 2014 the Chalet was placed on steel rails and pulled 100 using mules and a helicopter.

The Valley is home to a herd of Elk as well as deer, bears and other wildlife. There are spectacular views of snowy mountains and you can hear the rumbling of avalanches.

From the Valley, you can continue on to Andersen Pass.

Best campsite on the way to the valley

This is located 9.5 miles down the trail to the Enchanted Valley. This is usually a quiet campsite as most hikers stop at O'Neil Creek which is only 6.7 miles. If you aren't too tied it is worth pushing on down the trail to Pyrites Creek. The campsite are flat and the river is beautiful.

Popular campsite on trail to the valley

O'Neil Creek is a popular spot for hikers headed to the Enchanted Valley as it is basic the half way point. The best campsite is the furthest back one under the maple tree. You have hang food up on the bear wire. If you are a hammock camper there are plenty of trees here to strap to. The creek is cool and refreshing.

If you're not too tied I would recommend continuing down the trail an extra mile or so to Pyrites Creek as it is typically less crowded.

Beautiful Trail

This is located on the east fork off the Quinault River just North of the Quinault River. To get here you take the Graves Creek Trailhead 2.7 miles. There is camping just past the bridge. The campsite is on one of my favorite trails that leads to the Enchanted Valley.

Beautiful Lake

This is a nice, well maintained campground next to a lake. Lake Leland is a beautiful and quiet lake that doesn't allow motor boats. Each campsite has a fire pit and picnic table. The fee to camp here is $18/night, or $10 if your are cycling.

Small Campground

This is a small county park located in right off of HWY 101 as you enter the town of Quilcene. There are 9 small campsites, all with picnic tables and a fire ring. There aren't many trees for privacy and you can hear the highway. They do have a shelter and playground. The fee to camp here is $15 or $10 for cyclists and are first come first serve.

Great beach access

Seal Rock Campground is a nice quiet place tucked away just out side of Brinnon WA. All of the sites are dispersed in a nice forested area which lends for good privacy. There is a great beach access as part of this campground which is great for fishing, clamming and shrimping. This campground is seasonal and closed for most of the winter.

Typical RV Park... Great Location

I wouldn't say there is anything spectacular about this RV park other than the fact that it is located on the edge of the Olympic National Forest next to the Hood Canal. They do have a nice little store as well.

Best Campground on the Hood Canal

This is a large campground with all the of camping options. They have tent sites, platform tents, cabins and RV hookups. This is located on both the Hood Canal and the Dosewallips river. This provides lots of activities like hiking, fishing, clam digging and exploring. There are several camp sites located on the river. The campground is well maintained year round.