Yurts
$20.00 - $85.00
Hike In
Cape Disappointment State Park is located in Washington
38 Reviews of Cape Disappointment State Park
HUGE campground, but nice sites

One of the things I hate is hearing a ton of people around me while I’m camping. This campground is huge and very popular with families, but because of how close it is to the beach and a pretty constant wind you really don’t hear anybody around you. I was aware of kids running around, but never really heard them.

Our site was really big and lots of trees for hammocks & tents with a nice table and fire ring. The sites are really flat and clean with bathroom & showers located nearby.

This entire park is VERY pet friendly. Keep your furry friends on a leash and you can take them on any of the trails in the park. Keep in mind that the beach is VERY windy and my mutt was fine walking downwind, but when we turned around she was very unhappy being very low to the ground with sand blowing in her face.

There are lots of places to explore, a decomposing whale on the beach (stay upwind!), a nice lighthouse (under construction when I visited) and very close to Long Beach.

Easy hike, amazing scenery

Wife and I drove the Juan de Fuca highway to Cape Disappointment in April 2019, and it was great. As a fan of Twilight, my wife was at least aware of the area. We parked at the lot, and did the easy hike out to the cape. I was surprised at the upkeep of the boardwalk along the path. Anyway, it's a nice little setup with a few picture taking decks. The views out on the tip are incredible.

Busy campground, but private site

The campground was packed but our site was still very private,small and cozy. Easy walk to the beach and great ocean views.

Easy beach access

Clean bathrooms with free showers. Short walk to beach with a view of the lighthouse. Hand dryers in bathrooms are very noisy. Recommend a site not right next to the bathroom.

Very Popular

This park is definitley one of the most popular on the beach! With the vast amount of trails, lighthouses, views, stories, and ammenties it offers it is clear why! Book months in advance to get a good spot. Some spots have unmarked back trails to the beach. While this is nice for your own beach access sometimes folks came wandering through our campsite from the beach.

BEWARE: We did encounter a fair amount of hungry raccoons at this park! They unzipped and ripped apart our spare tent for a dog food an empty dog food bowl. Thankfully we werent in the tent and only had to listen to all the rucuss and ripping of our spare tent during the night.

Always a great place to Camp

Camp hosts are friendly an helpful, rangers are really nice too.  Our Boy Scout Troop went an the boys ready liked the beach access and riding bikes in the rain.

Cape Disappointment, relax, unstress, breathe the fresh air.

Cape Disappointment is not disappointing at all. Each camp site has its own fire ring and picnic table. Restrooms are in close proximity to the campsites. It’s a beach campground so remember the weather is going to be beachy. It is rustic but the restrooms are always clean though old.

Cape Disappointment. A must see!

Absolutely breathtaking state park. There is so much to do here with miles upon miles worth of hiking trails to explore! It's also pet friendly so bring your pup and explore a true gem of the Pacific northwest!

Great classic state park camping!

There are two excellent lighthouses, Waikiki beach, and the north jetti of the Columbia to explore. The longer distance to awesome northern Oregon beaches isn't that bad, and there's the Longbeaxh area near by to check out as well! The little shop near the ranger station has ice cream, and I hear the local pizza place will deliver to your tent for $$$. If you have never tried them before, the yurts are worth it.

Big Campground, Small Feel

Cape Disappointment is a huge campground, taking around 10 minutes of driving through until you finally reach the main entrance of the site. The campground is friendly to tents, trailers, RV's and has both yurts and cabins. Each space is pretty large, and it is enclosed, so even though there are hundreds of sites, there is still quite a bit of privacy. Sites 22-25 are really great. They provide ocean front views and very easy beach access. Near these sites is the amphitheater which offers great night time events.

The bathrooms are single occupant and very clean. The showers are likewise single occupant and take quarters to run.

There are lots of trails that lead to pretty awesome places. My favorite being the North Head Lighthouse. last time we went it was closed for renovations, so check the website or ask the rangers if it is open.