Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, WASHINGTON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest Camping Reviews
Great offseason camping

Great place to camp early and late in the season. It’s not as crowded, but you still enjoy the sites. Leavenworth is about 20 minutes away. Throughout the season, there is plenty to observe around the campground from wildflowers to critters playing.

Reserve ahead of time

Great views. Plenty to do: walk-on ferry to port Townsend, beach comb, fly kites, explore the lighthouse/bunkers. It’s a very popular site, even year round. Be sure to reserve your site well in advance.

Great paddle-in site

This is a great boat-in-only site. No running water but vault toilets. No reservations. Rack for kayaks above high tide. Nice alternative to the Oak Bay sites at Pt. Hadlock to the west. Open all year.

Beautiful trees but use has been restricted - no camping or beach access

This is a beautiful park overlooking the water. The trees are amazing, including some very big old-growth cedars. It is open for day use, but unfortunately it has been closed to overnight camping due to what they're describing as "tree diseases that may lead to tree falls." Beach access also has been limited due to erosion of the bluffs. It's still open for day use/picnicking.

Magical

I have camped here twice, once on upper campgrounds and most recently the lower loop. We stayed in #83 in the lower loop and loved it. Nice spacious site with our trailer and slightly wooded for privacy with a view of the water. The bathroom and shower facilities are clean and warm. Nice playground for kids and beaches to explore. Tons of old war bunkers as well. About 35 minutes to port Townsend for a good meal and shopping. Highly recommend this campground. Books up fast! Caution with the upper campground. We did tent camping in the summer and our site was completely dirt. We ended up very dusty and dirty and it was a little out of control and we just succumbed to being dirty and dusty. Not all sites are that way but if we had it to do over we would be more careful.

Hike into

My first ever solo trip and of course, I chose as far away from home in the US I could. This campground was the first I visited, I loved the fact I could reserve it only months in advance through recreation.gov, which eased my anxiety of traveling alone. No worries about getting there and not having a site to stay on. I chose the hike to site because I wanted a challenge and I’d never stayed at a campground that offered hike to sites before. It was a pleasantly short walk to my site. Upon arrival I noticed the platform for my tent, a picnic table and a fire pit. The site was divided from he nearby sites with trees and bushes which was really nice. The trails around the campground were amazing, some went into the forest and some went into the small “vintage” town of Newhalem which I thought was very quaint and neat. Another path from the hike to sites was to the river which I could fairly hear from my tent. This campground was super nice and clean and if I ever go back to North Cascades again, I’ll more than like stay here again.

Spacious Getaway

We just spent two nights cold weather camping here. It’s a beautiful quiet park with very spacious lots. There is not a lot to do besides hiking, but if you are looking for peace and quiet in the woods, this might be the ticket.

Even in the rain - this place is great!

My first time camping at Ross Lake was at Colonial Creek - which actually has access to Diablo Lake.  It was pouring down rain - typical for the Pacific Northwest, but we still had a blast.  Clean bathrooms, plenty of space for cooking, cleaning, playing card games.

Way out there, loud river, bring bug spray!

This campground is easy to find but a long drive into the woods on a bumpy gravel road. I made it in a Camery but it was a bumpy ride. Closest store is 45 minutes away so make sure you bring everything you need including firewood. It gets pretty chilly as the campground is well shaded. The river is very loud so you really don't hear your neighbors. The bugs are terrible, I've never seen mosquitos that aggressive. Each site had a tent pad, picnic table, and fire ring. There are some spots closer together but plenty that are set apart enough that you have privacy. Beautiful campground. No cell reception. One group had kids who were older but we didn't see any other kids. Well taken care of vault toilets though there was no host when we were there. Four stars only because the bugs were so bad, everything else about it was perfect for what we were looking for.

Park Creek Campground

This campground is located on Baker Lake Road. It is on the opposite side of the road as the lake, across from Swift Creek campground.

Park Creek campground takes reservations. We tried our luck with no reservations- on the Thursday before Labor Day Weekend- and we were able to score a spot for one night. There were several sites available when we stayed there, but it was full for the weekend.

We chose a spot that seemed a little more secluded than others, and it turned out to be a sweet little spot.. There was a place to park our car, a picnic area, a spot for two tents(sort of…we got pretty close to each other) and river access.

The campground has toilets and dumpsters, but no showers. There were two separate toilets close to us.

We were able to gather lots of firewood in the surrounding woods, so had a nice fire.

The great thing about this campground is its location. It’s right across the street from Baker Lake, and near some amazing hikes.