Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, WASHINGTON
Camping Washington Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
Most Recent Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest Camping Reviews
Fav campground

Beautiful views anywhere you look. Not a short drive by any means to get there but worth the trouble. Family camped in spot number 1 which is a walk-in. Def recommend this one. It’s conveniently close to a pit toilet and has a view of the water. Situated far enough from other sites to feel like seclusion.

Island camping in the Puget Sound

Really cool spot in the sound. Either ocean front wide open setup or back in the woods. Cool snack shack and play ground. Nice beaches.

Primitive campsite

If you like mosquitoes and a tranquil setting with the occasional car driving through, then this is the place for you. I was in the area and decided to check this place out since it was grayed out on the map, the road in is not bad at all and I saw a few sedans and mini vans driving on it, that road is NFD road 68 and it takes you to necklace valley trail and to the West fork foss lake trail. When you come up to a fork you’ll want to stay to the right, the left side is NFD road 6830 and that takes you up the mountain to the Tonga ridge trail. The campsite has no table and no restroom, the river is a several feet from camp, you can drive into it (perfect for rooftop tents) I’d say it can accommodate around 5 tents. The mosquitoes are horrible!! We were going to setup camp but that drove us away. I like how secluded it is and would’ve given it 5 stars just for that but the mosquitoes killed the vibe. I can’t say this enough, but LEAVE NO TRACE BEHIND there is no trash can or restrooms at the site, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRASH!! PACK IT OUT Take biodegradable toilet paper so it can break down and relieve yourselves at a minimum of 200 feet from the river.

Scenic but crowded

The views here definitely make this primitive campground worth the drive but the neighbors definitely dictate your level of enjoyment. Located right on Baker Lake, this is a great spot to camp at for your water activities. The sites have the typical fire Ring and table but they are so crowded you may as well just use your neighbors.

1 right now but 5 soon

I have to give this a one star for now since alit if trees have been cut because of a fire. The grounds are charred but within a few years it should be better. The undergrowth is taking over for now. The campground does sit next to a stream and it will be really relaxing once the tree cover comes back.

Again, no space...on a Thursday night lol

I decided to checkout the campground and was impressed at how nice it was, it’s clean, campsites are decently spaced out and the restrooms were clean. The host is friendly and there’s wood for sale at $7 a bundle. You can reserve or try to snag one up on a first come basis. There’s a few spots for rooftop tent setups but they’re limited. Again, I ended up parking along the road next to a creek due to no availability and it was perfect.

Favorite off the path campground

This campground is primitive with only water and pit toilets but an absolute delight. The river is amazing and on a clear day you have amazing views of Mt Baker. You can go either direction to play on the water of Baker Lake or just relax. The spacing is good between campgrounds and each comes with a table and fire ring. I personally observed all bear precautions as rumors of bears around were plenty.

Favorite off the path campground

Beckler river road campsites

I headed to this campground with the intention of grabbing a site, it was around 3pm on a Saturday so I figured I was out of luck and continued on down the road to look for a spot to camp next to the river, since I have a rooftop tent the space didn’t really matter. The drive alone was scenic, you could hear the river flowing. I took first entrance leading towards the river and sure enough there were people already camping (free might I add) of course it’s very primitive since there are no tables or restrooms (remember, 200 ft min from the river if you want to relieve yourself. Use biodegradable tp to keep it environmentally friendly). Roads are sedan friendly btw. I continued on and found many nice looking sites right next to the river but they were all taken, I mean…3pm on a Saturday? Lol. I headed back towards the campground and made one last attempt at the first turn off and landed a site, not super close to the river but it worked out. I’m pretty sure the campground is great and maybe I’ll check it out one day, but for now with a rooftop tent any spot can be turned into a campsite.

Leave to trace behind Pack it in pack it out

Cozy, quiet, primitive

This is a nice campground away from the large mass of people up the road toward diablo lake. It’s right off the hi-way and next to a river and easily accessible. They have put toilets and a nice set up with decent to large spacing between spots. It was actually astounding for this type of campground how spaced out you are. The big draw for me were the massive old growth trees here. I would definitely stay here again.

A home by the river

We had a spot right by the South Fork Stillaguamish River. We fell sleep and woke up to river sounds and were able to walk down to it straight from our site. There was also a cute sandy beach just at the edge of the campgrounds.

Fire recently

A forest fire has recently made its way through this campground. The forest service is cleaning it up as of June 2019. The sites were level and quiet. This campground would be a nice spot away from the crowds. It is close to baker lake.

Fantastic

We were surprisingly pleased with this campground. Our site was was a tent site only. The sites are spread out and do offer a little privacy. The sites have a picnic table, fire pit and a bear box. The restrooms a bit dated and you could defiantly tell they need to be updated. Diablo lake is beautiful and plenty of hiking trails to keep you busy. We will be back.

Nice place if a little busy

Straddles the creek with 17 campsites on one side and 4 on the other.  Some are very spacious.  If you get one by the creek be prepared that there will be a lot of people passing by.  There's a nice swim area in the creek though the water is icy.  A loop trail heads downstream on either side of the creek which makes for a lot of day traffic coming through the middle of the site.  It's a nice, easy walk.  There are several trails of varying difficulty not far.  Plenty of vault toilets and water available each side of the creek.

Ranger Review: Wenzel Double Never Flat Fabric Airpad at Lake Wenatchee

Campground Review:

While the lake and amenities were amazing (boat and paddle board rentals all day!) The camping itself wasn't our favorite. The sites didn't offer much privacy and had paths (to the bathrooms) right through many sites. We arrived on a Sunday and left on a Monday so it wasn't too crowded, with many open spots so the privacy didn't bother us too much. This is a family campground for sure, but we'd honestly consider going back just for the Lake and the views!

---------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the Wenzel Double Never Flat Fabric Air Pad (https://wenzelco.com/double-neverflat-fabric-air-pad/). Honestly, we're HUGE fans! I'm plus sized and my fiance is quite tall and we fit on the pad, had the best camping sleep of our lives, and the pad didn't deflate! A little bouncing didn't effect it either ( ;) ). I'd recommend this bad boy to anyone! We really loved it and will definitely be purchasing other Wenzel products!

Inexpensive and great for a one night

30 amp sites with water. Dump station was not on site. No showers but clean bathrooms. Traveling with friends and we were the only 2 RVs there except for a campground host. The host helped our friends replace a pin on a slide out.

Great Campground run by the National Forest Service

This amazing little campground on mountain loop highway has it all. Rain forest like forest surrounds you with the South Fork Stillaguamish River to the side.There are plenty of opportunities for fishing, hiking or kayaking here also with a hike to a glacier cave close by. There are a couple of small towns close by for supplies as well.

There are 26 tent/rv sites that are fairly spaced out. Each has a fire pt, picnic table and tent pad. They offer drinking water, flush toilets trash removal and also firewood from the camp host who was wonderful to talk to. The bathrooms were spotless and good smelling. There were berries in abundance here so remember to read up on what's safe(most I saw were)! The sites are 18 for a single or 36 for a double site, so pretty reasonable.

All in all there is no reason you should pass this great spot up, you'll be glad you stayed here.

Awesome for a large campground

Gold Basin Campground is on the Mt Loop highway, in the Mount Baker- Snoqualmie National Forest.  It is stunning. I really love this area! This is a large campground with over 99 sites, due to flooding damages the sites are currently first come first served, but generally they are reservable. The sites are large but close together. There is a huge grass field with plenty of space to get a baseball or soft ball game going, maybe a soccer game. There are amazing showers and flush toilets! There are drinking water spigots, trash cans close to the sites. The river is gorgeous, so get a site along the river obviously! Wildlife viewing abound.

Gorgeous camping in the Mt Baker National Forest

The Clear Creek campground is off the Mountain loop Rd in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. Clear Creek is only ten minutes or so from Darrington WA. Only 13 campsites with tent pads, picnic tables, and fire rings. Vault toilets were also available. Firewood is not available on site, but local residents have firewood for sale at the roadside. The creek and the Sauk river are absolutely beautiful. There is so much wildlife in the area, keep an eye out, I think I saw a wolverine by the creek, couldn't get my camera ready in time,

Awesome campground in the beautiful Mount Baker National Forest

The Red Bridge campground is on the very scenic Mountain loop Rd in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. It's a very beautiful drive. Nestled in some great trees, there are 13 sites with shade, right along the river. The camp host was very nice and sold firewood on site. There are no hook ups, and no water spigots so be sure to plan accordingly. There are bear proof trash cans and vault toilets available. Each site has a tent pad, picnic table and fire ring. This campground provides ample hiking, fishing and I saw people kayaking plus its not far to a hike to some glacier caves! Also check out the old red trestle bridge just outside of the campground. At $15 a night you have to see this place.
I highly recommend Red Bridge campground.

Shaded campground on Mountain Loop Road

The Bedal Campground is off the mountain loop highway in the Mount Baker- Snoqualmie National Forest. Settled in some old Growth forest it provides a good amount of shade to most sites. There are around 20 sites and some are reservable, the sites run about $15 a night, All campsites include tent pads, picnic tables and fire rings. There are Bear proof trash cans, recycling, and spigots near by each site, The sign said there was a boat launch, but it was next to a trail that led to the river. I expect a canoe is the largest boat you would be able to launch. I have to mention the crazy amount of small waterfalls/cascades on the way in. this place is surrounded by some of the nicest forest I have seen.

Great for early backpackers

I first went on this hike when I was in my early teens. Been back several times since. It’s a really great area with a reasonable hike-in. The lake is ice cold, which is nice if you’re just finished a hot hike in. There are some areas sort of cleared for camping, that have clearly been used before. You can hike on from Dorothy to another lake further up the trail (Bear Lake if memory serves me). There’s a a rustic open toilet in the bushes, but there’s no privacy. Not news for experienced backpackers, but a shocker if you’re new to it.

Best site in the area

I’ve loved Gold Basin since I was a kid. It’s a solid middle tier campground. Nothing fancy, but a lot of room. Bring the bikes, bring some sports equipment to play in the open field. Bring a swimsuit. The water is icy cold, but if you go downstream on the far side of the river there’s a clay patch that is there some years and not others depending on myriad factors. Try to get a spot on the river (not that it needed to be said) and you’re in for a sweet camp. Sit at the site supervise the kids through echolocation and it’s all good. I bet you could go fishing, but probably not a lot there for the most part. You could possibly even bring a small tube and find a little run into the slow water area.

Beautiful spots on icicle river

Great spot get there early for the best spots they fill up fast.

Absolutely amazing

I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this campground. The maps made it look tight and the park didn’t make much sense to me but I was in for the biggest surprise of our trip. This campground is astounding. The spacing was great especially for a national park campground, the walk ins weren’t to far away but not to close either, the bathrooms were placed appropriately and the attractions are right at your site. There had to have been a dozen old growth giant trees in our site and the views to really help you relax. The bathrooms didn’t have a shower and you could tell the plumbing was old but it didn’t matter. The sites all have a normal fire ring and table. Our site was for tents only and it is recommended to check each site before you book a reservation. Reservations are a must here as well.

Great sites

Camped here for two days and have to say it was a great experience. I’m a solo hiker so I didn’t stay at my actual site for super long but it was nice coming back each night to a site that was good sized and beautifully lush. Also, having the river so close is a definite plus

Fairly nice and private group camp

My friends and I have camped at several of the group camps along the Mountain Loop. This one is a decent size, and has tent space in lots of private little nooks. It's not directly on the river, like some of the other group camps. It's a couple minutes down through the woods to get to the river, but it has a rocky beach suitable for lounging with your feet in the water. While this is not my top choice in the area, I would happily camp here again.

Chill campground outside of Lake Wenatchee

Camped here with a group of friends after making a blind reservation since there is no map or pictures of the campground available on recreation.gov. Our campsite ended up being right next to the road, which would not have been our first choice had we been able to see the map of the campground when booking. The road noise was a little bit annoying but it wasn't too big of an issue, especially at night since less people drive at that time. Many sites are spacious here, but some I noticed have a little less space and less privacy than others. The best sites are along the creek, although you can walk to the water easily from anywhere. The campground is made up of three loops that are not connected together, so if you were trying to buy 2 sites next to each other they could end up being in different loops. The bathrooms were nice and had flush toilets, though no soap was provided. Firewood is available from the camp host at site 31 for $7/bundle (cash only). They even drove around with firewood in their golf cart when they did their round of check-ins. Mosquitos were pretty abundant, so make sure to pack the insect repellent, and put it on immediately. I got bit within 30 seconds of getting out of the car when we arrived. Overall this campground was really relaxed and it didn't feel very crowded compared to Lake Wenatchee down the road.

Old growth.

The Trees here are Amazing! 21 campsites to choose from, with some availability to reserve. The sites are large, and there is a large old growth shelter available as well. It provides a lot of shade. Campsites include tent pads, picnic tables and fire rings. There are trash cans and recycling options. I was quite amused by the "boat launch" as there was not one. Would stay here. The scenery is amazing.

Beautiful, small Campground

This campground is on the very senic Mountain loop Rd in the Mount Baker -Snoqualmie National Forest. It's a beautiful drive. The campground is nestled in some great trees. Only 13 campsites with tent pads, picnic tables, and fire rings. Vault toilets, we'll maintained The town of Darrington is close by if you need something. The Sauk River is accessible from the campground and is honestly the highlight.