Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, WASHINGTON

Camping Washington Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Most Recent Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest Camping Reviews
Private lake

This is a private area. All property is privately owned.

REMOVED

The city of Oak Harbor rebuilt the park without a camping area.

Loved Camping here

We were in site #133 we had water & electric hook up. This site is a nice big Pull Thru semi private. It's a short walk to the river which is great to kayak in or just float on a tube & hang out. You can walk to the lake along the river it's not to far but to far to carry a lot. There are several campgrounds we were in the North campground which is a little less busy & much quieter.

The boat ramp is in the south campground which is buy and parking can be hard to find so get out early.

We had the best neighbors they camp there often. Two great couples who we floated in tubs with all day & had frozen margaritas with. They had a coolest cooler with a blender. That's what its called. We kayaked the river & the lake it was beautiful & lots of trout. You can't really fish it you can't use bait & only barbless hooks.

We drove to Fish Lake & kayaked there got a bunch of Crappie. Saw several eagles & Ospreys. The owner bought 50 trout all over 30 inches and put in the lake. The little store at Fish lake was cool had some great fish pictures.

By far the best restaurant we have eaten at since we left home 3 months ago at Wild Flour near the south campground entrance. OMG it was the best! Happy hour has good priced drinks & cheaper meals & apps than at dinner time. We had the mushroom appetizer and a pasta dish for the meal. Try the Halibut dish one of my favorites. The pasta of the night was saffron bow tie pasta.

Levenworth is a great town but busy. Go in the butcher shop & get some buckboard bacon. We went to the actual wineries outside of Levenworth some really good ones not the tasting rooms in town. We went to, Eagle Creek, Plains, Silvara & Icecycles winery.  Icecycles location this old log house with all kinds of wood carved things in it. The wine is sweeter not my style but wanted to see the place.

No longer free

This campground is now listing at $10 night

Very Pleasant 1st RV Park Experience

Loved this RV Park. The staff was very friendly and helpful as we were first timers with absolutely no experience. We also visited during the start of the COVID-19 Pandemic which made their efforts to ensure we enjoyed our time even more appreciated. Follow us @therv_gans on IG more more pics of this RV Park as well as our journey and transition to full time RV Living! #freedom

Lakeside campsites that can be reached by foot or by boat

Seems like these sites are quite popular. However, I went during the middle of the week, on a slightly rainy day, at the end of August and was the only person there.

If you're like me and not from Washington, remember to get a discovery pass (~$10 per day) if you're parking at the Baker Lake Trailhead. The hike in to Maple Grove is approx. three and a half miles. Don't be surprised if you run into some folks on horseback.

The trail is relatively flat and goes through some beautiful old growth forest. We got a spot right by the lake that was flat and soft. All of the sites had fire pits and seemed pretty dispersed. There were also bear boxes.  The vault toilets were some of the cleanest I'd seen.

As you can see from some of the photos, there's a dock that you could boat up to that doubles as a great place see Mt. baker.

Scenic, lake-side sites with fantastic views

There are only two downsides to this campground--bugs during the summer and prohibitions on fires at Watson Lakes. If you can overcome those issues, the views alone make the camping at the second of the Watson lakes well-worth it. You'll also need a discover pass (Day ~$10, Annual ~$30) to keep in the dash of your vehicle while its parked.

As the other reviewer stated, it's a slow drive up the pot-hole filled gravel road, but once you reach the parking lot it's approximately 2.5 miles down to Watson lakes. There were delicious berries along the trail leading up to the lakes and plenty of opportunities to stop and enjoy the view on the hike down. We stayed along the second Watson lake during the middle of the week and saw few people and even fewer campers. There are numerous rock outcroppings with flat ground for camping all along the lake. You'll have to treat all of your water (the lake is right there and there's a stream nearby) and there's a mountain toilet down by the lakes.

Quiet campground next to a scenic river near fantastic day hikes

I stayed at this campground during a visit from the east coast, and I have to say it's hands down one of the finest places I've ever stayed. My cousin and I stayed two nights and used Marble Creek as a jumping off point for a couple of day hikes that I'd absolutely recommend (assuming no wild fires to impact visibility and a healthy appetite for switchbacks). If you stay here and you haven't considered it already, take look at hiking Hidden Lake or Cascade Pass.

Now, for the campground. I stayed at site 003, which had direct access to Marble Creek. I spent one morning just sitting in the creek (which was still cold in August) sipping a local brew. The site was flat with a tent pad, fire ring, picnic table, and parking space to accommodate an F-150 King Ranch edition. Located further down the road from our site was a vault toilet (very clean, and not close enough to smell) and dumpsters for trash. I'd also note that I typically avoid campgrounds because I don't enjoy a lot of noise. It was pretty quiet here and there seemed to be a decent amount of space between each site.

Of note, and this might impact how others feel about the campground, but there's no potable water on site (bring your own). We saw plenty of fire wood for sale on the side of the road on the way in.

First RV camp in my life

Amazing service and amazing place

This site is closed due to high river damage.

This site is closed due to high river damage. You can not stay here