Water Unknown
About Johnny Creek Campground

Located near the confluence of Johnny Creek and Icicle Creek in a forested setting, this first come first served campground is 12 miles (Upper Campround), and 13 miles (Lower Campground), from Leavenworth.

National Forest
Johnny Creek Campground is located in Washington
Directions
From Leavenworth, WA, head southwest on US-2 West for 0.8 mile. Then turn left onto Icicle Road/Forest Road 7600 and continue straight for about 11.5 miles.
8 Reviews of Johnny Creek Campground
Small paradise

First visit to Washington and I went camping in my hammock. Perfect cold weather. Unfortunate that the wood was too dry for any fire. Next time!

Trees!

Upper Johnny Creek isn’t by the water in most spots. There are many mature trees and the site was well maintained. We went in August and there were a lot of flies and wasps

My Favorite place

The sites at Lower Johnny Creek aren’t too close together. Short hike to the Icicle River if it’s not at the back of your campsite. We saw deer close to this site. Not good for campers longer than 24ft. This campground is for dry-camping

Great area

Let me tell you, this area was so packed! It is an incredibly beautiful part of the state but wow the secret is out for sure! We drove around for quite a while and we finally right before dark found 1 campsight open. I mean we drove through about 5 campgrounds and got the very last open spot. Beautiful though!

Wooded campsite along the river

Beautiful location not too far outside of town, several sites were available when we arrived, unlike the first two campgrounds we checked closer to town. Our campsite was away from the road along the river. It had a fire pit, picnic table and a few spots to put up our tent. Nice trees between camp sites so you don't feel like your neighbor is right there. Would definitely camp here again. Fantastic location near Leavenworth with a gorgeous view the whole way there.

Beautiful!!

I was very lucky to find a campsite for the night. I had to get there early enough to get the site. The river was just below my site. It was beautiful!!

Wonderful!

If you're lucky or go during the off season you'll get a creek spot on the lower Johnny Creek campground (versus the upper one down the road). The lower spots might be a few dollars more but well worth the more spacious and beautiful setting. Pit toilets, picnic tables, fire pits with grill top and plenty of hammock trees.

Johnny Creek

Campground is well managed, and is very quiet. Lots of tall trees to tie a tarp or hammock to. Sufficient space for 4-person tent or bigger on gravel pad. Have been to this area many times but first time staying in this particular campground. I would stay again and recommend to anyone.