Mount Rainier National Park , WASHINGTON

Camping Washington Mount Rainier National Park

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Mount Rainier National Park Camping Reviews
The spot is made for an experienced RVer

It was a quiet place but obviously has a lot of full timers. It took a long time to get set up because of the ridiculously small amount of space I had to maneuver my 33ft RV and my 8ft extended cab truck.

My go to place

This is a great and affordable place to stay while in town. Staff is friendly. Rv sites offer full hookups. WiFi is not the best but does work.

Easy Getaway from Seattle

Quiet campground with decent privacy between sites. We stayed just one night at site 42, which was on a corner and offered a good amount of privacy and easy access to the clean bathrooms. It's a short walk to the river where we watched the kayakers and did a very easy hike. We could hear trains at night but that didn't bother us. It was a cold and rainy weekend but we still had an enjoyable time. We'll come back in the summer!

Great hidden gem on the outskirts of Seattle!

This is our second time going to Kanaskat Palmer Park and we decided to enjoy four nights in there yurts between the fall and winter transition season. I must say I was very impressed to see that the bathrooms and showers were still very clean ever since the pandemic and that it was quite a nice place to stay during the weekdays if you wanted a quietly stay in the woods with the sounds of the flowing river. We will definitely be back again next year!

Since the first time in the 90s

This is still my favorite place to camp! The beauty and peace of the lake in the morning hour, the woods in the day, or just sitting by the campfire. This has been a family favorite.. with both of my families 😊

Wonderful place!

We spent a weekend tent camping here and I can't wait to go back when it gets warmer and this time bring the Turtle.  The campground is meticulously maintained, facilities are super clean, there is a dishwashing station, and a super cute store.  The two guys who run the place are super friendly, drive around delivering ice and firewood, and are so welcoming.  There is a creek that is fun for kids to play in and a large field to go explore and walk around in.  Beautiful location and close to Mt. Rainier NP.

Granite Lake

Lakeside camping here was wonderful. I got a great nights sleep in the hammock as you can see haha. Lots of room for a big group of campers, just make sure to pick up trash before you go because it was pretty littered.

Snow Yurt

My father and I snowshoed to this yurt for my birthday in right before the corona virus outbreak. With several feet of deep snow, this 12.5 mile snow hike was no joke. Took us 8 hours to get to the yurt. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of daylight to get up there.

Pets are not allowed inside the yurt for consideration of other guests and their possible allergies. We just set up a tarp over the porch outside for our dog. Twenty feet away from the front door is the vault toilet. It’s in great condition and very clean. Warm fire place and plenty of furniture or ground space for sleeping arrangements. You can reserve the yurt to have it all to yourself at skimta.org once the virus restrictions are over.

Waterfall!!

Great spot to camp because it’s right next to several great hikes. The campground is right next to Denny Creek, which sports a spectacular waterfall! Very close to the Summit West ski resort, both are right off i90.

Pyramid Creek

Amazing views of Mt Rainer. On a clear day, you can see the tops of Helens, Adams, and Hood. May-October is the only time you can comfortably sleep there unless you’re sleeping in a <15° bag.