Equestrian
About Lake Wenatchee State Park

Lake Wenatchee State Park is a 489-acre camping park with 12,623-feet of waterfront on glacier-fed Lake Wenatchee and the Wenatchee River. The park is bisected by the Wenatchee River, creating two distinct areas – south park, which features areas for camping, swimming and horseback riding, and north park, which is in a less developed, forested section of the park and a quarter-mile walk from the lake.

The park has 155 tent spaces, 42 water and electric sites, one dump station, seven restrooms, and 16 showers. In addition, the park provides two ADA campsites. Call 509-763-3101 for more information.

The south campground (sites 1 - 100) has parking pads 30 to 40-feet in length, with only two pull-through sites. Larger RVs and fifth-wheelers should use the north campground (sites 101 - 197) which includes 42 large pull-through utility sites. Maximum tents allowed are one family tent or up to two 2-3 man tents. Maximum vehicles allowed are two per site, additional vehicles may park in overflow areas.

Lake Wenatchee State Park is located in Washington
21 Reviews of Lake Wenatchee State Park
Great park!

My husband and I stayed in the north campground and absolutely loved it. Sights were not too terribly close. Quick walk down to the water. Lake is absolutely beautiful. South campground had a store with hot food and ice cream (we didn’t try anything) as well as basic supplies. Only about a 20 minute drive from Leavenworth.

Way too crowded

A pretty lake. The campground felt more like an outdoor hotel. The beach get ridiculously crowded. There is a handy little store that sells everything you might need. Even ice cream.

Ranger Review: Wenzel Double Never Flat Fabric Airpad at Lake Wenatchee

Campground Review:

While the lake and amenities were amazing (boat and paddle board rentals all day!) The camping itself wasn't our favorite. The sites didn't offer much privacy and had paths (to the bathrooms) right through many sites. We arrived on a Sunday and left on a Monday so it wasn't too crowded, with many open spots so the privacy didn't bother us too much. This is a family campground for sure, but we'd honestly consider going back just for the Lake and the views!

---------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the Wenzel Double Never Flat Fabric Air Pad (https://wenzelco.com/double-neverflat-fabric-air-pad/). Honestly, we're HUGE fans! I'm plus sized and my fiance is quite tall and we fit on the pad, had the best camping sleep of our lives, and the pad didn't deflate! A little bouncing didn't effect it either ( ;) ). I'd recommend this bad boy to anyone! We really loved it and will definitely be purchasing other Wenzel products!

Nice large state park campground with lots of activities

Lake Wenatchee State Park is comprised of two campgrounds: south and north, separated by the Wenatchee River. We stayed in the North campground so this review focuses primarily on this one. We were here the last weekend in June and I believe I reserved the last available site back in March. Many families were staying with kids riding their bikes and scooters around the loops which made us reminisce about when our kids did the same. The sites have varying amounts of privacy; the ones on the outside have more privacy because there is no one behind you. There is an algorithm that determines the price based on the ascertained popularity of the site but honestly, I could not figure out how it worked (we paid $32 for a non-hookup site (I believe the hookup sites are on the outside of the loops). While none of the sites have river or lake views, there are easily accessible paths to get to both. While we came for nearby hiking, there is boating (the launch is located in the south campground, I believe), swimming, and fishing. The bathrooms were clean and had my three necessary amenities: soap, hand dryers, and a garbage can. Showers are available for a fee based on how much time you want. Firewood is available from the host when on duty and the host was very friendly. Even though the campground was full, it was quiet at night save for some people talking. We had a pleasant stay here.

Huge grounds w/ rentals availble!

All the sites here were beautiful many different spots to access the water. There were kayak and paddle board rentals availble at the main beach. We rented a double kayak for 2 hours for $45! Kayak the island and check it out if you have time. Also plan on spending a day in Leavenwoeth since it is only a 20 minute drive away!

Beautiful area

We use the group camping. Spacious with lots of room to be “noisy” bring your bug spray

Stunning scenery, great location!

The campground is divided into two parts by a crisp clear and cold Wenatchee River, flowing out of Lake Wenatchee, locat d in the central Cascade Mountains of Washington. The deep lake is glacier fed, the campgrounds are well loved by locals. Nice pay showers, and the outside campsites in the north part of the campground feel more secluded. Mosquitos are thick in June, but leave due to dry hot weather in July. Huckleberries sling simple hiking trails. Nearby “Enchantments” hikes are more challenging and spectacular.

Fun with our Grandson

We had the best time in May at Lake Wenatchee State Park, there is lots of kid friendly activities for all ages. The bathrooms were update and cleaned everyday. This is one of our new best places go back to again and again

Big Lake with Big Personality

This campsite is great for simple campers. There’s the lake where you can rent out kayaks and stand up paddle boards during the summer. It’s about windy there and they’re known to be a hotspot for mosquito bites! Also perfect for group camping since they have a group site that is spacious! It even has a launching dock for groups who wish to go boating.