Everett, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Everett Camping Reviews
Very Civilized Camp

This campground was so nice and clean and was very well maintained. The bathrooms were spotless and the hosts were very friendly. Some really nice spots!

Great property, but hookup spots are SUPER close

The property itself is great. There’s a playground and a couple large open fields for kids to play. Also really close to the water which is cool. The spots with hookups are REALLY close together though. This was our first time in a hookup spot so we were a bit surprised how close we were to our neighbors, but this could be typical, we’re not sure. We were in spot #4.

A Night Out

To celebrate my sisters birthday, we went camping at gold basin and then went up to hike goat lake to backpackthe next night. It was a beautiful night, we left the fly off of our tent. Bugs were minimal, had a fire with s’mores and dinner, of course. Only half the sites were open, it was a Friday night, but really not super busy, plenty of spots available. Looked like the showers were not open if you were hoping for them. I believe we spent $28 for the site and an extra car. We had 2 tents on the site. Brand new picnic table. The River was absolutely beautiful, plenty warm, had a great time. The toilets were clean but dark, needed headlamps even if it was daylight and cloudy.

Awesome ADA accessibility

Great ADA camping. Trails are smooth enough for an electric wheelchair and the path to the river is paved. Not many spots so book early.

Great group option.

Was rented for a rustic wedding. Has industrial kitchen. Amazing views. Impressive outdoor fireplace. Lots of bunk space in cabins. Area for tents. Newer cabins were very nice. Older cabins were institutional and smelly.

Beautiful Lake

This is a nice, well maintained campground next to a lake. Lake Leland is a beautiful and quiet lake that doesn't allow motor boats. Each campsite has a fire pit and picnic table. The fee to camp here is $18/night, or $10 if your are cycling.

Small Campground

This is a small county park located in right off of HWY 101 as you enter the town of Quilcene. There are 9 small campsites, all with picnic tables and a fire ring. There aren't many trees for privacy and you can hear the highway. They do have a shelter and playground. The fee to camp here is $15 or $10 for cyclists and are first come first serve.

Great beach access

Seal Rock Campground is a nice quiet place tucked away just out side of Brinnon WA. All of the sites are dispersed in a nice forested area which lends for good privacy. There is a great beach access as part of this campground which is great for fishing, clamming and shrimping. This campground is seasonal and closed for most of the winter.

Typical RV Park... Great Location

I wouldn't say there is anything spectacular about this RV park other than the fact that it is located on the edge of the Olympic National Forest next to the Hood Canal. They do have a nice little store as well.

Best Campground on the Hood Canal

This is a large campground with all the of camping options. They have tent sites, platform tents, cabins and RV hookups. This is located on both the Hood Canal and the Dosewallips river. This provides lots of activities like hiking, fishing, clam digging and exploring. There are several camp sites located on the river. The campground is well maintained year round.

View of The Hood Canal

Mike's Beach Resort has a campground located right on HWY 101. The highway is all that separates it from the canal. There are several RV hookup site all with fire pits. There aren't flushing toilets, just an it house. Over all it is a beautiful location. The camp office is just North of it further down hwy 101. The "resort" also has cabins and beach access.

Beautiful site

Spacious sites. Quiet and relaxing. We chose a spot close to the water and this is by far the nicest camp site we have ever experience. 11/10 stars!

Kinda concrete camping

Not my favorite kind of camping but the sites were clean and very well kept. We only spent the night and headed off early.

Absolutely beautiful!

I was so caught up in the beauty here, I didn't get a lot of pictures. This was my favorite place on the Mountain Loop Highway. It's a medium size camp ground, standard picnic table and fire pit at each site. As with many places on this loop,you must bring your own water. There is no drinking water. There is trash collection and vault toilets as well. I loved how peaceful this place was. The river was beautiful. I was able to relax and read my book. It was amazing! Highly recommend!

Ummmm...

Yes, I hesitated. We have a certain affection for this weird campground. They do try hard. The staff are available, super friendly and eager to be helpful. There is so much here for kids! And the palm trees, what a kick! However our particular site (beware of #15 until they fix it!) had Issues. The grass was torn up (moles?) so it was largely dirt and mud. The neighbor’s septic hole and rock cover (“?!”) (see the pic posted below by Kathy A.! Kathy, am I right? YUCK!) were a few inches from our picnic table! Most frustrating, there was less than zero privacy. All that said, we did have petunias in full bloom to cheer us up! And other nearby sites appeared pristine with gorgeous well-kept grass, trees and flowers, a little bit of space, and a little shade (some with alot!) The major draw, beyond how great a place this is for kids, is that this is one of the very few campgrounds near metro Seattle. That is what we needed and we were grateful for a place to plunk, hot showers, running water, and electricity… Would stay here again, now that I have spied out the sites!  (… Besides, a certain portion of our trailer gear certainly came to us by way of the Amazon distribution center across the street…!)

Very Nice, but with a few tolerable issues.

The staff person at the registration booth was very cheerful and helpful. I also noticed that there is an herb garden planted in front of the booth- thought about asking for some sprigs of rosemary and thyme for our dinner that night, but darn I chickened out…  The winding paths leading from the upper campsites to the water’s edge are a treasure trove for a photographer. Great fun. Our upper loop site had zero privacy, and was a bit noisy, as there was highway construction going on, layered on top of the background of the usual nearby highway noise.  There is construction going on inside the camp as well, on a dock and a retaining wall I believe?  So I was not able to explore those campsites nearer the water, but it looked like perhaps there would be more privacy there?  Our paved pad was nearly perfectly level despite the online info of “slightly sloped.”  Hookups (water, power, sewer) were fine.  Bathrooms are very clean, with an excellent, roomy, clean steaming hot shower (tokens needed - pick them up at the registration booth - you need paper money to feed the token machine: 1 token will get you 3 minutes.)  We had friendly neighbors who had some ideas about how we might find a replacement for our 54 year old broken door hinge…  Thanks Ray!

Grandby lake

The site is convenient. Only 15 minutes away from town but you feel secluded. Close to a lot of great trails. Campsites are very close together with the exception of a few. Bathrooms are clean.

Worth the drive, even on a cloudy day!

Camping with a view! Or bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenery and the fresh air.

Words can’t describe!

Was a great camp ground to camp at. We were traveling through so we only stayed 1 night but it was pretty fun aside from the roaring train horn in middle of the night. Other than that, completely satisfied with the stay!

Pretty cool

This campground was clean there are alot of rat holes so make sure you keep tents and car doors closed and bring pepper spray there are bears around other then that it is a cool place to camp

Love the addition

This is an older campground with a new addition that’s great. Love the location, just a few minutes off the freeway, and easy in/out. The spots in the new section are strangely not level, you can tell by the amount of blocks under the motorhomes. BUT. It’s clean. The bathrooms are nice. It’s VERY kid friendly. AND there is an indoor pool. We’ll be back for sure.

Pretty but Noisy

This a gorgeous park with very nice hookup sites. Lots of hiking trails and beach to explore. Nearby airbase flys jets during the week directly overhead. Very loud.

Crowded

It is so close to the urban areas of Seattle and Tacoma that it becomes way too crowded. I have seen multiple families occupy one camp site. Camp sites are also real close together. Positive note, Hood Canal is right there so opportunity to get clams and oysters.

Favorite Getaway

This is the best little campground! Wish amazing views and great trails near by! Campground was clean and quiet. Early August was when I was there, and it was pretty busy! Try to get a spot early!

Island camping in the Puget Sound

Really cool spot in the sound. Either ocean front wide open setup or back in the woods. Cool snack shack and play ground. Nice beaches.

Quarry Pond- worst campsite I've ever stayed at

I really cant understand how this park has so many positive reviews.  Maybe we just stayed at the shitty campground. All of the sites were super teeny, tiny. Barely enough room for 1 car to be parked and have a small 2 person tent set up -if you can even find a flat enough space for it! The sites were also stacked right on top of each other. Don't expect any amount of privacy here or illusion that you are out in nature. The campsite is also about 200 yards away from a highway, so you'll hear highway sounds all night long. Exactly what you want when camping. We had planned a 2 night stay and left immediately in the morning after the first night because it was so terrible.

Primitive campsite

If you like mosquitoes and a tranquil setting with the occasional car driving through, then this is the place for you. I was in the area and decided to check this place out since it was grayed out on the map, the road in is not bad at all and I saw a few sedans and mini vans driving on it, that road is NFD road 68 and it takes you to necklace valley trail and to the West fork foss lake trail. When you come up to a fork you’ll want to stay to the right, the left side is NFD road 6830 and that takes you up the mountain to the Tonga ridge trail. The campsite has no table and no restroom, the river is a several feet from camp, you can drive into it (perfect for rooftop tents) I’d say it can accommodate around 5 tents. The mosquitoes are horrible!! We were going to setup camp but that drove us away. I like how secluded it is and would’ve given it 5 stars just for that but the mosquitoes killed the vibe. I can’t say this enough, but LEAVE NO TRACE BEHIND there is no trash can or restrooms at the site, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRASH!! PACK IT OUT Take biodegradable toilet paper so it can break down and relieve yourselves at a minimum of 200 feet from the river.

Too crowded and noisy

I’m not sure why this campsite has such good reviews. The area is incredibly gorgeous, but the campsite is so crowded and noisy. Everyone is on top of one another. The sites themselves are quite small, the tables aren’t made of real wood so you can melt them if you put a hot pan on them, there was music blaring the whole night, there were people everywhere, and the jets that fly over head are so loud it’s impossible to talk or sleep.

The reservation system is so weird too. We arrived after the host stand closed so we took a picture of the “reserved” site list, found a spot that was empty and not on the list so we assumed it was not reserved. We paid for the site at the camp store and were told we were good to stay for the night. Turns out, someone actually had reserved the site for that night and the next three nights. Luckily, their friends who were coming weren’t going to arrive til the next day and they let us stay. But there was no way to know the site was reserved. There was no signage at the campsite and it wasn’t posted on the list and on top of that, the campground ended up getting paid twice for the same spot.

The area is so beautiful, it was sad to not have that quiet, out of the city camping experience.

That being said, at least everything was clean.

If you’re looking for wilderness and peace and quiet, you will not find it here.

Beautiful spot on the peninsula of WA

I love this place! Camping right at the water or off in the woods. Lots of biking and hiking. A small bar is on site with good food, craft beers, and cocktails. A pier into the sound. Crabbing, bouy anchors. Fort and battery tours. a real gem in Washington.

Again, no space...on a Thursday night lol

I decided to checkout the campground and was impressed at how nice it was, it’s clean, campsites are decently spaced out and the restrooms were clean. The host is friendly and there’s wood for sale at $7 a bundle. You can reserve or try to snag one up on a first come basis. There’s a few spots for rooftop tent setups but they’re limited. Again, I ended up parking along the road next to a creek due to no availability and it was perfect.