About Alta Lake State Park
Hike In
Alta Lake State Park is located in Washington
6 Reviews of Alta Lake State Park
Not recommended

Great day park, not so great for camping. We stayed in spot 5 in loop 1, or the woods campground. There was a capped pipe that appeared to be waste water dump but was not. When we asked the park attendants why it wasn’t labeled or locked they had no answers. We ended up with an ant infestation in our camper and we camp very clean. It’s very barren and hot. The good was the camp was quiet and the sandy swim beach was nice, but only during the week. It was packed on the weekend.

The lake was nice......

Well besides the fact that the camping is literally site on top of site. Unless you like camping looking down on your neighbors camp an arms reach away. ( insert eye roll ) and the one guy ranger who “didn’t have time to talk to us” simply about switching sites because we booked online. And was sandwiched in between two large family sites. Anyways we ended up being helped by a nice lady ranger who made time and even checked on us later to see if we were all good. After changing sites. The campground was pretty empty btw and wasn’t a big deal to switch. Spending the day on this lake was Amazing!!! Warm water they had paddle boards and kayaks to rent by phone so that was a plus. So three stars for the lake. Two for the nice ranger and one for camp site layout. Flushing toilets and pay showers available but Should be expected for $40 a night.

My favorite annual lake trip

I look forward to Alta Lake every year! I try to get my favorite spot on the end near the water and stay as many days as my life will allow. We take our kayaks and explore. Hiking trails are close by.

It can get crowded up in the RV section. People seem to enjoy themselves, it gets pretty loud and rowdy in the afternoon and evening. I am glad we have other options. Our Basecamp is only 16 feet long and we can run off the grid, so we actually can take it along the lake in a tent spot. If you are going to attempt it, it is truly a tight fit. Be careful! Sites are small, pull off is more accurate than pull through,and we used a lot of blocks to level up. I wouldn't think this place is known for privacy, but I think it makes up for it with location. The bathrooms are nice and have showers too.

Lots of fish, birds, turtles, and little critters running around. The lake is lovely. There are motorized boats allowed, kayaks and swimmers be careful!

Fantastic

One of the best campground I've ever visited. Lots to do and very well taken care of.

Peaceful

Alta Lake was perfect! Weather cooperated and gave us mid 80’s the 4 nights/5 days we were there. The area is beautiful! Peaceful and quiet the whole time.

Great tent site with essentially a private beach area.

Alta Lake is a nice, clean park with decent tent sites. We had a site in Loop 2 on the right (on the lake side). It was away from the main area, parking lots, boat launch or store, so pretty quiet. Our site was sweet, it had a trail down to a small open sandy stretch of beach that was basically our own private beach. Took the cooler and a pop up tent and enjoyed the beach all day. We went in August and it was hot, the lake was super refreshing! (photo from WA State Parks & Rec commission)