Yurts
Equestrian
About Seaquest State Park

Far in the Northwestern corner of the United States lies a world of magic, splendor, and mystical beauty. Perched atop the historical Mount St. Helens, Seaquest State Park is the home-base for thousands of volcanic visitors year round. Most notable for its proximity to the Mount St. Helens Visitors Center, this park is the home base for hikers, explorers, tourists, and adventures alike. It’s not just the volcanic aftermath that makes this area so special. Even before the eruption, Gifford-Pinchot National Forest has always been known for its dense foliage, as well as its beautiful lakes, tributaries, and waterfalls.

When it comes to nearby attractions, the area is packed with them. Miles and miles of trails fork and wind throughout the park. Beyond the confines of the park’s boundaries are numerous additional trailheads, all offering something unique to those seeking it. Perhaps the most popular trail nearby is the Monitor Ridge trail. This 10 miles round trip excursion will have you climbing 2,000 vertical ft. through grassy meadows and winding forest paths. The last 1,000 feet are especially difficult due to the volcanic debris and soot that cakes your clothes. However when you finally reach the domed summit, you’ll be pleased with your efforts. Massive and expansive, the St. Helens dome is unlike any other scenic viewpoint in the US. Nowhere else can you see the true force and impact of Mother Nature’s wrath.

Nearby, the Mount St. Helens Ape Caves give visitors a chance to traverse through the labyrinth of volcanic caves left behind by magma runs during the the eruption. Today, the caves are a popular attraction for families and explorers. There’s two separate options, one which is well-lit and suited for families. The other option will send you through a pitch black adventure trekking the depths of the craggy, drippy tunnels. If planning to visit, be sure to bring a strong flashlight or kerosene lantern, as you’ll be unable to enter otherwise.

Camping in Seaquest State Park is relatively painless thanks to the 52 standard campsites, 18 partial-hookup sites, and 15 full-service sites. RVers, tent campers, van travelers, and anyone else with a form of shelter should have no issues finding somewhere to stay here. Aside from standard camping accommodations, there are also full-service Yurts available for rental, complete with heaters to stay warm if you’re visiting in the chilly months.

Seaquest State Park is located in Washington
18 Reviews of Seaquest State Park
Nice place to camp

We were looking for a place between Portland and Seattle for one last night of camping. We were able to get site 12 the day we arrived at Seaquest without an advance reservation. It’s near a water spigot and not too far from the bathhouse.

One bathhouse included in my pictures was part of another loop that was on the walking path to the Mount Saint Helens Visitor Center, located across the street. A short tunnel goes under the road for safe access to the visitor center.

Seaquest State Park has a small playground and picnic area. There’s not much else to the park. It’s proximity to Mount Saint Helens probably makes it popular. The facilities were clean and the campground was quiet. Nice place for a quiet, relaxing camping experience.

My favorite camp ground and park

Many trails to walk down with beautiful surroundings, two separate parks, large gathering areas for parties or family gatherings, have many camp spots,and is tents, TVs and afforadable.

Beautiful!

Such a well maintained park. The sites were big and while we had neighbors on all sides there was enough distance and tree/fern cover to feel private. We stayed at site 41, which had a trailhead right beside it offering a leisurely walk to explore the surrounding woods. An easy walk to a visitor's center with a decent exploration of the Mt Saint Helens eruption. The center is also surrounded by a wetlands nature walk that has some great birdwatching. Overall we loved it!

First timers

First time camping and doing it across the states starting in Tacoma WA and ending in Savannah GA. First stop was here and it seems like it’s setting the bar high. Super easy to find and claim a spot. Campsites were clear and a decent size with picnic table and a fire pit with a grill. The bathrooms have hot water and were clean. I was very impressed. It’s raining but the campgrounds can’t help that.

Great Spot!

Campsite 32 backed up to the day camp area with a playground. Perfect for our family with 3 kiddos. We were able to let them go play and be close by. Plenty of trees for semi-private campsite. We had a blast! Great place to catch views of Mt St Helens and 1 hour away from Johnson Observatory.

Ranger Review: Midland XTalker 4 Pack at Seaquest

Campground Review:

I recently visited one of my favorite campgrounds with my family. Seaquest is at the base of Mt St Helens, right next to the Mt St Helens Visitor Center. They have tons of activities for kids and a great learning space about the volcano. At the campground, there are easy trails for kids to go on. The campground is surrounded by trees and wildlife. One thing I love about this space is the yurts are in their own area. We have yet to take advantage of reserving all the yurts at once for a family event, but I am excited for when we do. There is an amazing playground for the littles at the center of the campground. If you reserve a campsite around the playground, you can very easily sit at the fire, while being able to keep an eye on the littles.

Product Review

I also love how quiet and safe this campground is. I allow my littles to ride their bikes through this campground. Using the Midland X-Talkers with them makes communication so much easier! Each child, my husband, and I were able to have a radio. My girls were in love with their "camping phones". I was able to put their radios on their bikes very easily and by turning the volume up all the way, they were able to ride and listen. The radios have belt clips that held up during my run and my girls' bike rides. They also are small enough that they fit easily in a 6-year-olds pocket. I plan on making a clip for their bikes for easy holding on their handlebars. The range was tested to over five miles!! The only downside was the radios used 4 AAA batteries rather than having a rechargeable battery. However, so far, it seems like the battery life is really good, so I can't complain that much. We tested these with Midland radios one of my uncles has, and the radios were compatible with the X-Talkers so my young cousins could use them.

Overall, I am very impressed with the radios and look forward to using them for future trips.

Beautiful campground in the shadow of Mt. St. Helens.

This is a great campground for families. They have bathroom facilities and an old school playground. We stayed in the yurt village, which was outstanding. The park staff works hard to keep this place clean. The Mt. St. Helens visitors center is a 10 minute walk from the campground. There is a wonderful ADA accessible 1 mile trail that goes through the wetlands.

Beautiful State park

We camped here in the summer and really enjoyed it, because it’s beautiful. Pacific Northwest is full of these beauties. The whole campground is full of trees. All well spaced out sites with room to stretch out. Serene and quiet while still being conveniently located close main road.

#pnw

Beautiful Pacific Northwest campground in a canopy of trees. Very peaceful and green campground with well spaced out sites. Some loops are hard to drive through with anything bigger than a car. Just off the highway but without the noise.

Campground near Mt. Saint Helen's

This is a campground on one of the roads leading to Mt. Saint Helen's. It was a decent sized campground with RV spots, tent spots, group spots, and walk-in spots. It had a huge playground area as well as a day use site with covered shelters within the park. The visitor center was a short 1 mile walk from the campground that had an under road tunnel leading under the highway. From the visitor center here was an additional path through the marsh with views of Mt. Saint Helen's, or at least I think there are views the smoke was so thick we could not see the mountain. At night the campground had a great Junior Ranger program with a very enthusiastic park ranger that kept the almost 50 people/kids entertained. She was great at engaging all the kids and teaching them about the park, highly recommend this for anyone bringing kids. For being completely full the nights we were there it was pretty quiet with only the occasional noise coming from the nearby highway.

We stayed in the group site, spot 60/61. Since we booked the group site we were required to book both of the spots at the same time. It was the smallest group site I have ever seen. There was barely room for the 3 tents we set up and originally we would have had almost 6, which would not have fit in this spot. There were 2 large tables as well as 2 fire pits, however 1 fire pit was inches away from the bushes and would not have been good for people to sit around. Luckily the other fire pit was great and we were all able to sit around it. The bathrooms and water were close by.

There were other sites that were much bigger and would be able to accommodate larger groups. I would not waste my money on the group site if you need more then 4 tents, honestly 3 was a squeeze. It's a great campground for those that are spending multiple days in Mt. Saint Helen's since it was a very short drive away.