Colville National Forest, WASHINGTON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Colville National Forest Camping Reviews
Fly fishing only

Great little lake to get away to and camp. Fly fishing only, quiet and great for kayaking. Nice trail along lake to a grove of old growth trees. Has pit toilet but no water, so bring your own.

Choose someplace else

The people of deer lake resort are very rude and unprofessioal to say the least. "The owner' opened the door to our condo without knocking,forcefully pushed past one of the ladies that was staying in the bedroom #2.  I asked her who she was and her reply was a rude "I own this place and I'm checking to see if they put the new bed in this bedroom Geez , wouldn't the polite way have been to knock on the door and say, excuse me I'm the owner and I would like to see if the new bed has been set up in that bedroom ,do you mind if I look? Very rude and unprofessional to say the least. The rest of the staff had the same attitude… Like they were doing is a favor buy letting us stay in their condo.  We were not offered clean towels or linen the entire 3 1/2 days. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go back. I could write a book here about everything I am unhappy with but will just leave it as a pretty campground that the new owners will probably run in the ground.

Creek sings ya to sleep

Nice location away from people but most all the sites are close to the dirt road and was woken up a couple of times by the sound and headlights of vehicles. But all in all well kept areas (some garbage left by previous campers, just packed it out with mine). Did have a late night bear visitor but was camping in my van so not too concerning. Very little fallen wood for fire, lots of kindling or if you want there is lots of logs in the creek.

Great Free Campground!

A very lovely free campground provided courtesy of the hydroelectric company. Around 10 sites with free firewood, washrooms, drinking water and a small lagoon for swimming. Did I mention it’s free??

Quiet during the week.

We showed up on a Wednesday and had the camp to ourselves. The camp host is always on site and super friendly. Nice, small, fishing lake in Colville National Forest. Sites all have picnic tables, and fire pits. The bathrooms are vault toilets and well maintained. There is drinking water available. I particularly liked this spot because there are only 8 sites. Some of them have lake views and are a little more secluded. The others are less private. It also has a boat launch. Best part, there is no day use at this site, so the whole campground has a private feel.

Ranger Review: Wenzel Lightweight 2 person Hammock at Flodelle Creek

Ranger Review: Wenzel Lightweight Double Hammock at Flodelle Creek

Campground Review:

Flodelle Creek campground is a great gem off highway 20. It is a bit back there and super small. Only 5 campsites, it is free with a discover pass. I loved the privacy of this campground. Small creek runs by it, but I didnt get any pictures. You really feel out there. the Vault toilets are well maintained, better than expected. Equestrians are welcome, RVs, plenty of space. Very large sites as well.

I was impressed.

Product review:

The Wenzel hammock is great for front country camping!!!  I love the material and design. It comes with some rope and clips to hang your hammock with, however I found them very short and was not able to use it at first.  I am also a larger girl and purchased this not for 2 people, but just myself. I'm kind of picky on what holds me up.  I was disappointed that Wenzel does not have accessories or extra straps available on their website to buy. Overall I love it for my back yard and for over night trips out camping with the family. I also love that it comes in its own pouch and the pouch can be used for my phone, book, suncreen etc. I did purchase additional straps and look forward to trying it again. I think it would be great for most people, unfortunately straight out of the box it just wasn't for me.

Ranger review: Morsel Spork at Trout Lake Campground

Ranger review: Morsel Spork at Trout Lake Campground.

Campground Review:

Trout lake campground is certainly off the beaten path. The road to get there is dirt and gravel. It is uneven with a lot of potholes, also very narrow and no room for others to pass. Super sketchy in my Kia Soul. The drive there is nice, as you go up in to the mountains, great views. Once you get to the campground it is super small with only five sites. pretty popular for boats. the sites are great, well shaded. My favorite site was 5 as it was big, but also right behind the main access to the dock. The dock was flooded this time. Make sure you have everything you need, its a far drive from any store. The lake is good for fishing. The vault toilets are well maintained. Pack out your trash. bring your own water.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, sometimes I get to test cool products in the field. Today I tested the Morsel Spork. I love these things! I was able to get a regular and an xl and test them both, My favorite is the smaller one, because its easier to wield. I can see the benefits of the big xl large one if you have those hard to reach bagged food items but in retrospect it just wasn't for me. They are both lightweight, have the serrated edge, flexible edge on the spoon, and they are both just cool. I love the idea of sporks and Morsel Spork put a lot of thought in their design. I love the materiel, nice and sturdy. It's earned it's way in to my camp back and I'm excited to have them

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Recliner chair at North Gorge Campground

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Recliner chair at North Gorge Campground

Campground review:

North Gorge is a sleepy little place. Small campground with a small boat launch. There isn't a lot of parking so beware if you bring your truck and trailer here. The sites are small, seemed to be a decent amount of space between them. Vault toilets, well maintained. each site has your standard picnic table, and fire ring. There was a burn ban in August, no fires for us. They actually zip tied no fire signs to each fire pit. There are only a few sites, most for tent camping only, however there are a few that will fit a trailer or rv. It is $9 in the off season Nov 1st to May 30th, and $18 in the peak season

Product review:

**https://www.gcioutdoor.com/folding-recliners/outdoor-recliner/

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, sometime I get to test out awesome products in exchange for an honest review. The GCI outdoor Recliner is well built with quality materials. It is easy to slide in and out of the large storage back. easy to set up and take down. I love the mesh back, it helps to keep you cool in those hot summer days. The chair has 3 reclining positions and my favorite part was reclining the chair all the way to look at the stars, it gives the perfect angle. I also love the storage pocket on the back. just fold up the storage bag and put it in the pocket for a pillow. It has a cup holder, but I wasn't a big fan of the placement. I give this chair an 8/10.

Gorgeous campground on the Pend Oreille River

This is one of the better looking campgrounds in the area. It sits right on the Pend Oreille River in the Colville National Forest, so fishing is good as well as the great views. The campground was nicely maintained and the host was very pleasurable to chat with. The campground offers drinking water, day use area, boat launch, trash removal, and vault toilets.  Firewood is also sold by the host.

The sites are spacious and well separated. Each includes a fire pit, picnic table and tent pad. The website claims that all sites are accessible for any RV but I noticed a couple that might be difficult for large RV's.

With the beauty and maintenance comes a price and that is:

$20/single site

$40/double site

$10/Extra vehicle

$5/Day Use

All in all this place is great but a little pricey for me. I would still highly recommend it to others though as it is a beautiful place to stay, especially iof you have a boat.

Great FREE dispersed sites right on the creek!

I found this awesome little campground on my way to Sullivan Lake from Metaline Falls.

It is just off the main road, next to Sullivan Creek. It is fully a dispersed group of sites so no trash, water, toilet, or any amenities. There is an information sign and several rock rings for fires.  This is my kind of site, just throw your tent up where ever and go fish or hike.

The trees are fairly dense so the whole place is well shaded. Sullivan Creek is right there! Sullivan Lake is just a few miles to the east. With Metaline falls a few to the west, there are shops, eteries, and evan a movie theatre close by.

All in all a great place to stay a couple of nights.