the dyrt
Colville National Forest, WASHINGTON
Most Recent Colville National Forest Camping Reviews
A high mountain isolated small lake

No motor boats and about 7 sites good swimming and weak fishing

Great hiking!

I love Washington because of all its amazing hiking! The campground was mediocre, not really the cleanest, but the hiking made up for it! We did tons of hiking around the area, and enjoyed every single one. The campground itself is pretty small- pretty sure there are only like 12 sites within the campground. When we went, it wasn't too busy. Probably 5 other families there. There is a garbage disposal area there which was nice, although it still seemed a bit dirty. It was $18 a night which we thought was a little on the expensive side for camping, but we only stayed 2 nights and split the cost between 4 people. Great views of Pend Oreille River. We reserved our site online, but I think we definitely could I walked in and got a site. This campground doesn't seem to be used much. Probably wouldn't come back, but maybe try another campground nearby.

Peaceful spot on beautiful Lake Crescent

We stayed in one of the A-frame chalets on the beautiful Lake Crescent as part of our Olympic National Park trip. They had yard games out on the lawn and comfy chairs to relax in. Our patio overlooked the lake. They also had a restaurant on-site and a little shop with snacks, ice cream, and coffee. The tent and RV campsites were a little close together, but in a beautiful setting. Wish we would have had more than 1 night here. Across on the other side of the lake was the Lake Crescent Lodge. Here you could rent canoes and kayaks. They also had a really nice restaurant and gift shop.

Most peaceful place ever

Campgrounds, hiking trails, waterfalls, lake, cabins historic lodge.. heaven! Nice getaway retreat for couples ❤️

Reservations aren't needed

Paid $18 per night but starting October 1st the fee is reduced. I would check the website. Great for fishing. Overlooks lake roosevelt!

High clearance vehicles only

$10 per night, 2 vault toilets, 17 sites right off the creek, fires allowed. I would recommend 4x4 getting here. Great for fishing.

Very Busy Campground

I tried coming here twice and both times it was not only full, but many cars circling through the loops in search of a camp.

I ended up camping a little farther west of Crescent Lake, but came to spend the days here.

It seems like a well-maintained site but just very busy, and loud. I found an area farther away along the lake where I could have some quiet and solitude which was incredibly enjoyable.

The lake is very special, powerful place. I hope people can respect the area, as everywhere I went I found so much trash that I was picking up and packing out.

Hope to return to Crescent Lake soon and enjoy the clean and peaceful waters.

We stumbled on this resort because they were on the Passport America list. They are NO longer a passport America park as they are under new ownership. Nice large campsites, beautiful swimming area and cute little store and breakfast restaurant! Beautiful star-y skies and lots of deer at night!!! No fire ring at the site, there are picnic tables and we had a full hookup site! Staff was super friendly. Dog friendly!

meadows!

Free. 17 sites, two different areas to choose from on either side of the lake. Accessible fishing dock. Vault toilets, picnic tables and fire rings. Trail around the camp ground that takes you threw the meadow and to a look out area which was pretty cool. The trail continues on to an old shelter that is also accessible by car.

free!

Smaller camp ground, 7 sites, with boat launch, good kayaking and fishing, picnic tables and vault toilets.

amazing views

thus place is great. water isnt to far from campsites. the area is beautiful. make sure you book in advance most the time it's full. make sure you check out gardner caves and boundary dam not to far away.

Always the Best Place to Camp

I’ve gone to Lost Lake a few times this year and it’s always such a great place to camp. The road coming in is much less bumpy than it was earlier in the year. Only bummer this time was of course the burn ban, but we all still had a great time. There’s nothing better than getting out of the city for the weekend, and this spot is always my favorite destination.

Great Place for Families

This place has it all! Showers, weekend breakfast, a store, a kayak launch, you name it. This is a great place to come with your family and enjoy a day on the lake. They have big roomy sites and lots of lakefront.

Designed for RV's and Trailers

Very small campground designed only for RV's and trailers. Swimming area is not considered safe, there are large chunk of concrete all along the edge. Fishing in this area is also difficult because of the snags and concrete. Boat launch was closed to vehicles when I visited. Lots of overflow traffic from Alder Lake Campground on weekends.

Beautiful area

The colville national forest. Need I say more. Beautiful views. Lake has store to rent toys to play on lake. We had a great time playing in a row boat all day for a decent price. We had water access from our campsite. But also a beach within walking distance.

Amazing views

Sullivan lake has amazing views. The water is clear. The mountains are beyond gorgeous. About 15 mins from metaline falls is a cave that you can take free guided tours. From the cave it's a small hike to Canada. This area is beautiful and definitely an area you would want to book ahead of time. Campsites fill up fast.

Fairytale

The campground is first come first serve “walk in” sites. No showers, has flush toilets and running water. No electricity at our site, but we had a fairytale view of the forest overlooking the lake.

Green Grass Camping

Nice, well kept state park on the southeast shore of the lake. Garbages emptied and bathrooms cleaned regularly. The designated swimming area had a lot of geese poo so we opted to find other areas to swim. Zero reliable cell service in the park. Had to drive back towards Republic to make a call.

Jump Off Joe Lake by Deer lake

Nice little resort with a store- hookups - docks and boat launch. The lake is a small lake but is a good fishing lake. The resort does have a swim beach.

The Kettle River

Beautiful river waters and some sandy beaches. The kettle river is usually good for swimming and floating from the beginning of July until the end of August. Lots of bald eagles and other birds to watch. n

Nice grassy areas and hookups available - lake has excellent bass fishing and bird watching.

There is the state park and 3 other resorts on the lake. All have full hook ups.

Skookum Lake

Small campground but private sites. Pit toilets were the cleanest I’ve ever seen. There is a nice trail that goes around the lake where you will see a variety of wildlife. No cell service or hookups. There is one manual pump water fixture. Fishing is limited to trout.

Skookum Lake

Great DNR site

It's so beautiful in the trees, each site has good privacy from the others. You have to have a discover pass to stay here, but if you do it's free. Best camping near colville natl forest.

East Campground Sullivan Lake

First visit for 4 of us out of 6. Hosts had really cleared the spots of tree debris from the winter.

Definitely will go back.

Tiger HWY Loop

Such a good campground! Sorta small some are but others work well for group spots! Some spots even have trails from campground to the lake! Large range of wildlife, birds, fish, deer, moose, and we even saw bunnies!! Worth the fee Id say!

Could b better but horrible bathrooms

Would have given at least 3 stars but bathroom really sucks. The 1 shower is usually broken. U have to pay additional to fish off Pier, even though you're already paying for campsite. I think is a Haven for mosquitoes so bring bug spray. Camped end of May, and also fished there last summer one day until couldn't stand the mosquitoes.

A fisherman’s paradise

Very busy campground when there are fishing events. First come first serve except group camp, which is reservable. River view from almost every camp site. This campground is popular with the fisherman. There is a boat launch and a dock for your boat as well. There is also a swimming area and dogs are allowed in the river just not in the marked off swimming area. Bathrooms are well maintained with flush toilets. No shower.

Fish cleaning station, beautiful views and sunsets

Great fishing on the lake and gorgeous sunsets. Short ferry ride across the river to even more beautiful country.

fun little hideaway

last time we went the beach was all silt and rocks… but enjoyed it as far as location and views of the river…