Weimar, TEXAS

Most Recent Weimar Camping Reviews
Amazing time.

My wife, myself, and our 3 & 2 year olds stayed here for 5 days and had an amazing time. We had a back in site that backed up to a fishing pond. Our site was within walking distance to the pool which was amazing and our kids loved it. Pool has a smaller kids area with tons to do and play with and a bigger pool with rock slides, rope swing, swim up bar, lazy river, and plenty of area for people to just lay out. Not crowded during the week and when more people arrived on the weekend we never felt crowded. Town is a short drive away if you forget anything It was an amazing time and we will definitely be back soon.

Small But Plenty

I think this must be one of the smaller state parks of Texas, but there are plenty of trails to enjoy nature, learn about wildlife and plants, and have some good camping memories. Plenty of trees to perch a hammock, plenty of room to throw a frisbee, and some of the better bathrooms/showers I have seen among state parks.

Just after Hurricane Harvey

We camped at the horse spot. These camping spots are mostly spacious and private - plenty of shade trees. We walked some trails, but they were mostly flattened/destroyed by Hurricane Harvey. Hopefully by now they have been rebuilt and are just as beautiful as I imagined them. If I were still local to the area, I would definitely go back, and definitely recommend others to go as well.

Two Parks for one price

We stayed here for three nights and we were able to visit Bastrop State park for the day. The water was full of some weeds so fishing was not that great but we rented a camp and enjoyed our stay here.

Great Park

We enjoyed the palmetto palms and boggy area. We couldn’t believe we were in Texas. There is a nice swimming area for children and a few good fishing spots. The best thing was that we had a Bucees about 2 miles away. We bought great BBQ sandwiches and the best fudge available here in Texas.

Perfect Visit

We loved our campsite. We were lucky to get one that already had a shelter over the table. There was plenty of room between campsites, we couldn’t even see our neighbors. We had a small trail right behind our site that went down to the water. I was so pleased that they stayed open during the “Shelter in Place”, so we could actually get some fresh air.

Trails were great! We went on several long hikes. Lake was great…but pretty chilly most of the time we were there.

Bathrooms were nicely maintained

Amazing state park

We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the RV spots in this state park. So much room!

Pros:

• Large sites.
  • Lots of easy trails.
  • Plenty of recreational opportunities.

Cons:

• If you miss the turn off to the 2nd loop of campsites, there is no place to turn around for miles.
  • The entrance road to campsite loop is really only 1.5 lanes wide, except at the turnoff. There is no shoulder.
Peaceful camping

We stayed at site 77 and I really liked the privacy of most campsites. This spot had easy access to the bathrooms and to the trail to the lake. My husband and friend attempted to fish on the lakeshore but were unsuccessful. The trail system is apparently expansive, but had been closed while were there due to some flooding. We did explore the Wilderness Run and Sunset trails, both of which we enjoyed. The greenery is very odd here - stark contrast between bald (dead?) trees and bright green grasses and shrubs. Either way, we had a great time camping here over a weekend.

State park in the middle of a town

We didn’t camp here since we live so close by, but stopped on our way to Lake Somerville State Park. Driving by the camp sites they appeared nice and tucked between some (remaining) tall pine trees; you could definitely see your neighbor though. This park endured a huge forest fire about 9-10 years ago and you can still tell. Lots of charred and dead trees, but some new growth coming up underneath. We drove to the highest point and took a picture. That was about all we needed. Sort of underwhelming, but quaint.

Favouriteso far

This place is awesome beautiful lake