The best DRIVE IN camping near
Partwood Crossing , TEXAS

Most Recent Partwood Crossing Camping Reviews
What a well kept park!

Just passing thru on trip to Nebraska. arrived early evening, the parking area is really well kept and the gravel parts are 95% level, we didn't need to do any additional leveling. I believe all sites are full hookup. It was February all we needed was 30 amp electric. Sprouts definitely stay here again

Great free park!

We found this place on the Dyrt app and stopped on our way back from Utah. It’s a great free place to stop. 30 and 50 amp hook ups water and dump station. The only thing I would say is that it does appear to be a spot that locals commonly meet up at for whatever reason. Not sure if it was drugs or what but we did see several cars come in hang out for about 20 mins and leave. Some would come in and park next to each other. So that was kinda weird but still giving it 4 stars because it was completely free and had everything we needed.

Nice Reliable Campground

Our Second Stay here.   Passing thru both times.   Sites are large FHU, pull-through.   Propane, a small food service, nearby Diesel and convenience stores - right along Route 66.

Very clean, very accommodating facility.  Good dog area.  Super clean.

Comfortable safe overnight stop

We went in the winter so can’t comment on the pools or anything like that. But it was fine for a quick overnight stop. We got a AAA discount which was nice. Checked in late which was no problem at all and the staff was accommodating. It did smell a bit like cows so I guess there’s probably a feed lot somewhere nearby.

The site was HUGE and flat and paved in concrete. A reasonably clean bathroom and laundry room was adjacent in one of the several restrooms scattered around. Men’s room closest was closed. There’s a small gift shop up front with Texas themed items and a few rv supplies. It’s also only a very short ride to the Cadillac Ranch.

It’s one of those parks where all the campers are close to each other and lined up in long rows and of course Amarillo is flat flat flat with few trees so it isn’t very picturesque. I think they have well over 100 sites. I spotted many full time residents.

Would I stay here again? Possibly. It isn’t a destination all by itself but it was very convenient.

Quick easy access with great staff

Quick and easy access in and out. There’s a brand new loves opening in a couple days within walking distance. Small fenced pet run with larger pet area next to it for leashed dogs. In terms of a one night stay, 5/5 for the price. Longer term stays a little lacking in the individual spot ammendities like grass and trees.

The best bargain campsite you will ever find

First off - nothing against Hereford, but it’s a cattle town. It smells like cattle. If that’s a problem, maybe look elsewhere. That said, this place is amazing! Several spaces all with water, sewer and electric - ALL FREE! There’s a nice pond which was completely filled with geese when I visited (Late November) but that just added to the ambiance. The space is in the town so you do get quite a bit of train, and car noise.

Best campground for large rigs on route 40

Large, clean, safe and quiet campground. Our cyclone 4270 and truck total length is just over 60’ making it a challenge in every KOA we have ever been to. I added a note in our online reservation and unlike the KOA’s we visited Oasis RV Resort checked our rig size and hook up locations and suggested a new site at the gate.

I opted to up grade to one of their big rig sites and could not be happier with the stay. Amarillo is wide open and flat so don’t expect shade trees (if your from the north east like us) but since we stopped in November, scorching days were not an issue.

When traveling route 40 Oasis RV Resort location will factor into our planning for overnight stops.

A nice place to stay in Amarillo

This is a nice RV Resort. It’s clean, well maintained, has friendly staff, a nice park area with water features, an indoor pool, playground, dog walk, and a cute shop with lots of gifts to buy. I would definitely stay there again!

Great FREE county park

Enjoyed the lake and ducks. Hooked up to 30amp, back in sites, water available, dump station. Close to town

Will return to this park

Stayed 10/2/2020 Pros: Excellent place, great reception for TV and phone. All aspect of upkeep maintained.

Cons: None noted