This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 1 million listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
Early spring 21 just went and had a blast. Fairly packed now that the state opened up fully. Over all though that time was perfect weather for kayaking and hiking the short trails that this park has. Tent camping is great and the spots are well payed out with plenty of space between them. Shower and bathroom facilities are in decent shape and do the job. Was impressed for havi g never heard of it prior to arrival. Online reservations available to make it easier.
We stopped for the night on the way into North Padre Island. It was a perfect stop after a long day of driving. The sites are large and well spaced. With 50 amp power and water at each site as well as a dump station at the entrance, it has all we need. And it was fun listening to an owl just after sunset.
• Super friendly Park Headquarters personnel
l• Great aluminum floating fishing pier with a covered fish cleaning pavilion
• Site aluminum picnic table on concert pad under a tree
• Park entrance gate closed 10 pm to 7 am, but an access code was provided at check-in
• Toilet/shower clean, but just worn out and desperately needing renovation
• Great CCC-constructed pavilion
• 3 bars AT&T cell service
• Howling coyotes nightly
• Overused park that desperately needs some infrastructure improvements
• Unlevel side-to-side concert site parking pad was in poor condition and barely long enough for 28 ft trailer
• Septic system cleanout pipe smack in the middle of our campsite causing a tripping hazard
• Metal fire pit with cooking grate was overflowing with ash upon arrival
• No vegetation between sites= no privacy from neighbors
• Constant vehicle traffic through campground loop• Toilets were difficult to flush and clogged easily.
• Toilet/shower building interior walls crumbling exposing the structure
I’m from Goliad, so whenever I feel like getting outdoors I can just drive 15 minutes down the road to the park and enjoy a day hike or a weekend out in the woods. The park is awesome lots of Historic sites and lots of history in such a small town. The park has Tent sites, small cabins for rent and restrooms with showers that are always clean. They also have RV hook ups with plenty of room and shade trees. The nature trail is nice too. Definitely recommend for anyone that has not visited before.