Camping in Montalba

37 Reviews of 9 Montalba, Texas Campgrounds

Lauren Z.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Cute little park

The park was small, but nice. We loved waking up to see a pasture full of cows behind us. The manager was very polite. I would stay here again.

Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Park, People and Wine

Nice, well maintained park with the usual amenities. Very nice staff and a cool little store at the entrance. Just around the corner from the Kiepersol Winery and restaurant. Great central location for visiting Tyler, Canton, Lindale, Gladewater and more.

Rebecca H.
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Well Kept Grounds with Lots to Do

We stayed one night in our RV in this spacious RV resort. My kids had fun fishing and playing on the playground and LOVED that we could rent a golf cart. The pad for the RV was level, with a nice amount of space between sites. Good value for the cost.

E
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Month of VisitNovember
Becca H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

SP with a lot of options!

Fun park with a lot of options for hiking, fishing and kayaking! Had an awesome primitive camp loop, RV and shelter sites looked good too!

J
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer…

• Signage on FSR 511 at left turn to the Neches Bluff Overlook, FSR 511-A.
  • Signage at entrance to last camping area of the loop drive through the Neches Bluff Overlook area.
  • Pit toilet just past the overlook (clean and with a maintenance log posted on the door).
SiteArea towards the end of the "loop" drive to the right.
Month of VisitNovember
Andy K.
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Loved it!

Beautiful, great fishing, great hiking, fabulous for kids, wonderful kayaking. We had a blast... the bathrooms were a bit far from the campsite so definitely check your spot first if you don’t have an rv. Other than that we had an incredible time!

Jay N.
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Awesome place

Really nice camp ground, Great Host. Lake looked like it would be a great fishing hole but we didn't have time to check it out. Shower was really clean and just a great all around camp ground

Wesley D.
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2020

Weekend getaway

Stayed here to get away for the weekend and the park staff had activities for the kids. Very big camping spots. Will definitely come back!

Rachel J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

No tents on weekends

My husband and I went to this site to scope it out for a weekend family camping trip. We drove all over the park and could not find a designated area for tents. We finally stopped at the restaurant/convenient store/bait shop and asked where are the tent sites. He asked when we wanted to stay and we…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2020

Nice place and people.

Pros- Every thing great, clean restrooms. This is my second visit and I will return. Great little street taco stand in walking distance great breakfast tacos. Cons- check in staff was not wearing mask. Some of the gravel and black top roads need resurfacing.