The best GROUP camping near
Mims Chapel , TEXAS

Most Recent Mims Chapel Camping Reviews
Another great Texas state park

Gorgeous waterfront sites with excellent fishing. Fun trails! Highly recommended

Only natural lake in Texas!

Beautifully creepy with its Spanish moss covered trees all through the lake. Quiet and great trails for you and the doggies!

Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

All you need. No frills (beyond trails)

The cheapest Texas State Park for electric or electric/water campsites at only 14/night!

Spaces are spread out and loads and loads of pull through sites if that's your thing.

Bathrooms aren't great but if it isn't busy they are fine. Trails are beautiful and if you piece them together can be challenging. This park is very well maintained. I saw a few trail signs that were brand new and another trail is closed for maintenance. These are not wide, take the baby stroller kind of trails. The nature trail goes over a couple foot bridges and has a lot to see.

The beach area is okay with a few amenities. The bathrooms have 2 stalls each, 4 total again if it isn't busy they are fine. No family bathrooms in the whole place.

The sand on the beach is bad. Due to flooding and earth slides the beach front is super deep mud. If there has been even a trickle of rain on the past week you will lose your shoes the mud is so thick. Gorgeous for pictures though =)

The camp store isn't huge but they have shirts and souvenirs.

Awesome! Be picky with tent sites

Another great Texas State Park. I didn't see as much security as I usually do but the whole area is clean and well kept.

The bathrooms are amazing with fully enclosed toilet/shower/changing station for family bathrooms. As someone traveling with a toddler it is a HUGE relief to lock him inside while I shower.

We tent camp and while our site was perfect (#32) others were awful. It's very common for tent pads to be placed far away from the electrical box, so that's not a big deal… but after a rain storm it was apparent that a lot of tent pads need attention. The pads are dirt and many were uneven enough that 50% were well under water. Our pad was right next to the electrical box and someone had evened it out so while it rained and rained, we were good. So if you are tent camping pay close attention to the location and evenness of your tent pad. No amount of tarps would have saved some of these sites!

The trails are good and it's a very unique location. Reminds me of South Florida!

Lastly, the Armadillo circle is right next to the road. Okay maybe not right next to but you will hear traffic all night.

Great for $15/night!

Gorgeous! Even in Winter

Great wifi and bathrooms. Tons of security. Decent (even if short) trails.

Sign is too close to the highway without a safe place to park but there's an old sign inside the park.

Park store closed during winter except open on Saturdays.

Huge swimming beach.

Nice Cheap Gem

4.5 total miles of trails and none of it difficult. You can't take a baby stroller but obey because of a few branches, it's all easy hiking.

One bathroom but all the lits are spacious and secluded.

The lake is great. Beautiful swimming area and playground. We were here 7 days and only left once to hut Walmart (20 minutes)

Definitely 5 star, and only 18/night. Just as good as the 25/night Texas State Parks.

And as always, as a Texas State Park it is extremely safe. Park Police (actual police) are scene everywhere.

Oh, and everywhere it says no wifi and while it's true you can't log into a free network we had zero problems getting wifi on our phones and we were the only people in our loop being midweek during winter.

Very Peaceful!

Just got back from a weekend tent camping here. Stunning views and very clean camp grounds! Even in the winter, there's lots of people camping here yet it's still VERY quiet and relaxing. Would recommend this site any time of year.

Nice park , only natural lake in Texas. Road noise and ticks.

The park is nice but if you tent camp you will hear traffic noise all night long. Each car seemed to take forever to go by and within minutes there was another. It’s worth the visit to go out on the lake. The trees in the water are beautiful and eerie at the same time. There’s a great little restaurant on the water  in Uncertain. I think it’s called The Riverbend Restaurant. Worst ticks I’ve ever experienced!!

Lots of trees, lots of wildlife

First time to this park and we liked it. It is very thickly wooded which makes even the smallest sites private. We stayed on site 08 which on the map looks like it’s on the water but the brush is dense so there is no water view. Sites 10-13 are nice waterfront sites. We came here for fall colors but I think we were just a little late, but the park was still pretty. One morning, as I was sitting drinking my coffee, four deer walked right through our site!! We had a regular nighttime visit from some bold raccoons, so definitely put your goodies and trash away. Overnight spider webs cover everything and I’m quite sure we took a hundred spiders home with us!😂 The firewood from the park was plentiful and donation based. It was wet but my husband is a pyro who could probably start a fire with a block of ice!🤪 The only negative for me was the echo of the cars coming over the bridge throughout the day.