Holly Springs , TEXAS

Most Recent Holly Springs Camping Reviews
Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Quiet hunting area

Primitive hunting camp area we enjoyed the nice and quiet area

Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

Can't beat for Price

Very out and the open! Hard for rigs to pull into, soft ground, and potholes in the dirt road. Site are very close together, first come first serve. Has electric and water at ever site tho! $6 a night is a steal, I have the America is Beautiful/interagency pass and only pay $3 a night. Saves you 50% at each park, for sale online for $80 annually. 03/23/21 the bathrooms are still locked due to the 9 degree freeze they had busted the pipes and month ago. Amphitheater is cool for pics, but looks rotten and never used. Pavillion has fireplace and never in use. Behind the fireplace if you walk directly behind it about 300ft into a trail that runs into a creek, to your right will be old native American stone work stairs ( i posted a video) thats very cool. Also posted a video about the national foxhound graveyard that host the best of America's foxhounds. Also super cool. What isn't cool is when you got the fireflies and the campfire and the crickets, and mellows and dogs roasting, then, booom!!!! Here comes big rigs flying thur your ambience at 80mph loud AF just 100 feet away from all campsites. There is a major road that cuts the camp into two. Kills the whole "nature" feel! All night long!!! Bluebonnets are in full swing, so are the woodpeckers, red cardinals, blue Jay's, no coons or squirrels tho. Left food out the whole week, not a thing got into our bread or food. There is a cute grey kitty here, she comes every night and eats my dogs leftovers. Coyotes due there howling at different locations every 🌙, but no worries here. Ample wood for burning, I'm not kidding. Bring ur ax! Piles and piles at every 🌳 line. No snakes that I've seen, but spiders. And little maggots keep falling from the trees to our hammock and chairs. They did a prescribed burn 🔥 while we were here. Didnt inform us either. But that's seasonal. Host is lonely and bored, loves to talk, kinda deaf. Gotta yell. But nice guy overall. Cell service for Verizon is very sliw, AT&T is marginal at best,, Sprint/Tmobile is great. Well, thats all folks, hope I could be of help.

Cool Forest, Not Really a Campground

This area was filled with people and their ATVs. There is one long road that has a few pulloffs along the way until you hit the end which is the Nueces river. There are 3-4 very small camping spots next to each other, and one of them seemed to have a permanent resident with an establishment that took days to build. Obviously I did not want to camp next to people, especially looking right at their tent and campsite. I can see the road having issues when the rainy season arrives for smaller vehicles, but it is manageable. The forest is nice but does not have enough trails. There is a firebreak you can follow but that's about it, or ATV roads. Supposedly a hunting area so be careful if you are trying to do dispersed camping. Overall I stayed here for a few hours and realized it wasn't worth camping at and moved on to a better location an hour away.

The place was very busy, even for a Saturday.

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer season.

Close to Mission Tejas State Park and Ratcliff Lake Recreational Area (showers). 4C Trail southern trailhead is located in Ratcliff Lake RA. I've also accessed the trail from where it crosses FM277 (there is a FS dirt road just south of that crossing on the east side).

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out. We didn’t use a fire ring or bathroom and I didn’t see either of those, but it was perfect for what we needed (and free!) not hard to find either. Would recommend for sure.

Inexpensive and quite

First 6 days without electricity because of the snow storm, water pressure is low but available. Very pleased with campsite, host Billy very helpful. Overall enjoyed our 2 weeks there.

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty