The best BOAT IN camping near
Flo , TEXAS

Most Recent Flo Camping Reviews
Wonderful, well-spaced campground under the East Texas tall pines

What the campsites lacks in remoteness it makes up for with everything else.

Very well-maintained National Forest site just off Texas Highway 7 in the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest.

Highlights for the site include:

• very well-spaced apart offering more privacy than usually afforded

• restrooms and showers were clean.

• Access to hacking trails in the national forest

• Easy access to food/fuel/firewood

• A large variety of species for birdwatching

• Small lake with deck for launching kayaks or SUPs

There was not water at every site, so bring a longer hose and be ready to fill your tanks or containers.

Road noise from highway was audible, but not too distracting.

Excellent state park

Huge site! Water frontage to die for. Be warned tho.. no At&T. Dead zone, so plan ahead. Other carriers unknown

Fisherman Paradise....Not for Everyone

The front guardhouse/entrance is extra campy. Low light and decorated with 69 yo 74lb catch pictures. This is by far the most fisherman geared Texas State Park we have been to and it's our 12th!

The playground is nicer than expected. The tr ails are well-marked.

A quirk of this park are the neighbors. You drive by 8 plus mailboxes while inside the State Park. An abandoned home half collapsed is seen from the roadway. So that's unique.

Beautiful and generally well kept. It's an older style but they have a newer playground area next to the old one.

For a family I give this a 2. For Fisherman a 5. For everyone else a 3.

Awesome campground

Always clean, quiet and very friendly staff.

In my top 10

This is one of our favorite campgrounds due to the sense woods, well spaced campsites, clean family style bathrooms, and activities such as hiking, fishing, and swimming. Highly recommend!

One of my favorite Texas State Parks!

On our spring 2017 RV adventure we spent two nights RV camping at Fairfield Lake State Park. Fairfield Lake State Park is such a beautiful place to camp, fish and swim. We realy enjoy this stunning park! The campground at Fairfield Lake State Park is heavily treed and very well shaded. Thanks to being located on a power plant lake Fairfield Lake State Park has great fishing! Stocked with Red Drum, Bass, catfish and even Blue Tilapia there is a fish for everyone! Fairfield Lake State Park is one of my favorite Texas State Parks! You will not regret spending any amount of time visiting Fairfield Lake State Park.

I have several videos of this great park on my YouTube ….DudeRV.com

No tents on weekends

My husband and I went to this site to scope it out for a weekend family camping trip. We drove all over the park and could not find a designated area for tents. We finally stopped at the restaurant/convenient store/bait shop and asked where are the tent sites. He asked when we wanted to stay and we gave him the dates. He then informed us they do not allow tents during the weekend. Some customers there recommended a different park.

This is a RV park. There is no tent sites. From what we could see a lot of the RVs live at the park. It doesn’t look like a camping site of any sort. It looks more like a trailer park. We were greatly disappointed.

Spacious and peaceful

In the fall I could imagine staying here for a week. I didn't, this time, but I could imagine doing it. campsites were large and deep. Obviously you don't want to hang around the grass near the lakefront too much, cause of gators. Pick your site carefully online before you go, there are good and bad sites. Our site had quite a bit of litter and small bits of trash. The site with the lake views are stunning. Get them if you can.

Bathhouse is fully enclosed bathroom and shower, fully ADA, and locking doors. Sinks have outlets. I don't know what else to say but the lolliby loop was really nice. Walking the campgrounds was very pleasurable. The little hiking trails were nice too. the sections of the 4C trail we walked were really chill, very flat. The more dynamic and better marked trails were in mission tejas about 20mins away, but, the better campsites were at Lake Ratcliff. Not a great or inviting park name, but it was nice campsite. Only downside was the highway was audible at all hours.

Amenities used:

Bathhouse

Beautiful place to stay

Great place to stay great for the kids and the entire family. Wonderful location with so much to see and do. Will be going back there again very soon.