Camping in Eden

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Eden, Texas

34 Reviews of 8 Eden, Texas Campgrounds

Veronica S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Lovely campground, spicy tent pad.

I had a great time at this park. Sites A and B are next to the day usage areas of the park, and are separated from the RV accessible areas. I found the site delightfully secluded - with a nice set of steps from the picnic table and fire pit right up to the tent pad. Water spigots are everywhere -…

SiteA
Month of VisitOctober
Susan L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Texas hill country gem

This state park is usually full and booked far in advance for a reason. It’s beautiful! Lots of upland pine and hardwood bottomlands with history. You can hike in the footsteps of those who traversed the Camino Real and visit the commemorative mission built by the CCC in 1934 to remember the…

• CCC Commemorative Mission
  • Tight site!
  • Trail to Fire Tower Hill
Oscar D.
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

In the Piney Woods

Classic C.C.C. park, quite and clean. Plenty of hiking trails through the majestic pine trees. Water and electricity at each site and a dump station at the entrance of campground.

• spring time at the Mission
Month of VisitApril
Grayson C.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Beautiful lake front, bumpy roads

Free spot with beautiful Lake views. Perfect spot to watch the sunset/rise

Bumpy road, hard to navigate at night.

Sitefirst lake front corner
Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Park, People and Wine

Nice, well maintained park with the usual amenities. Very nice staff and a cool little store at the entrance. Just around the corner from the Kiepersol Winery and restaurant. Great central location for visiting Tyler, Canton, Lindale, Gladewater and more.

E
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Month of VisitNovember
Daniel L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2021

Quiet hunting area

Primitive hunting camp area we enjoyed the nice and quiet area

J
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

S
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2021

Cool Forest, Not Really a Campground

This area was filled with people and their ATVs. There is one long road that has a few pulloffs along the way until you hit the end which is the Nueces river. There are 3-4 very small camping spots next to each other, and one of them seemed to have a permanent resident with an establishment that…

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer…

• Signage on FSR 511 at left turn to the Neches Bluff Overlook, FSR 511-A.
  • Signage at entrance to last camping area of the loop drive through the Neches Bluff Overlook area.
  • Pit toilet just past the overlook (clean and with a maintenance log posted on the door).
SiteArea towards the end of the "loop" drive to the right.
Month of VisitNovember
Andy K.
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2021

Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Kyah P.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out.…

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.