The best DRIVE IN camping near
Cedarvale , TEXAS

Most Recent Cedarvale Camping Reviews
Grassy, open, kinda noisy

Very pretty lake views and tons of grass. My dog loved going for runs through the grass (while on her leash).

They had some showers and toilets working again when I went. Hot water was very nice! Not the cleanest bathrooms but not the worst either.

Sites had electricity, water, and covered picnic tables. Trash cans were readily available.

Gate keeper was SUPER friendly and let me know what to do if I needed assistance.

Would recommend

Typical +

Park location is ideal Lake is beautiful many big trees! But roads are terrible, spaces are unlevel, with no uniform length! As usual for Thousand Trails never enough 50amp hookups. There was suppose to be a laundry, no laundry.! There is a propane station, but no one is licensed to operate it! That turned out to be a huge problem. Biggest ice and snow storm in 70yrs temperatures down to -2degrees below freezing for several days several inches of snow. All park water lines froze, rolling blackouts by the state, no propane available anywhere!!! Good thing my unit has a generator or I would have had to stay in my truck! I like to use Thousand Trails but they are not keeping their parks up. Park employees were helpful as they could be with very little resources. They gave me a bottle of propane from one of the cabins which was nice, and I appreciated that. They gave some to other campers, but there werent enough to go around. The park employee felt bad for not being able to help everyone! I will come back again in the summer.

Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

Loved it!

Beautiful, great fishing, great hiking, fabulous for kids, wonderful kayaking. We had a blast… the bathrooms were a bit far from the campsite so definitely check your spot first if you don’t have an rv. Other than that we had an incredible time!

Interesting camp site

Very pretty camp and most accommodating. Very close to town,but you would never know it

Great Place

We RV so finding a place with full hookups at each site was mind blowing! We were a bit close to our neighbors so if you’re looking for a site where you’re isolated, this is not the place for you.

We were on the lake so enjoyed spectacular sunsets every night. Lots of work is being done on the park right now, can’t wait to go back and see the improvements.

EXCELLENT

Excellent park. Full service. Level sites, many concrete, club house is nice. Propane available. Big rigs ok. Just outside DFW area.

Very nice

Stayed nights with no issues. Easy on/off I20. Some concrete sites but gravel spots were fine. Clean and well kept. Will definitely stay again.

Awesome place

Really nice camp ground, Great Host. Lake looked like it would be a great fishing hole but we didn't have time to check it out. Shower was really clean and just a great all around camp ground

Tyler State Park

Stayed here October 9-13, 2020. We got reservations in August. Temps were perfect. 50 types of birds. Rode  all the mountain bike trails. Trails are mostly intermediate with only a few difficult spots.