The best RV SITES camping near
Idabel , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Idabel Camping Reviews
2 issues

I stopped at beautiful lake in May of 2020 while on my bikepacking tour across Oklahoma. I stayed 2 nights in one of the Northwest sights. Hardly any people, but it was in the middle of the week. I stayed in a tent… the grounds were awesome and the full bathroom/showers were spotless. Very well kept However, I noticed within a few hours of setting up camp that roaches started invading my gear. By the end of my second night, I saw more than 10 roaches in various spots in and out of my gear. I even found one packed into one of my bike bags when I got home… dead, luckily. My other complaint is that the noise from neighbors was allowed to go on… only ended by them going to sleep around 2am. They have a noise ordnance clearly posted with a time limit… while the rangers drove through the park regularly, the noise ordinance was not enforced. The other parties besides me we’re all together as a large group, so if I complained, they would’ve known it was me, so I didn’t say anything. I probably should have just asked to be moved

Absolutely beautiful!!!

We stayed at the Blue Jay Drive Campground and it was beautiful! We had three sites 14,15 and 17 number 15 was beautiful right on the lake neighbors were coming by and asking if they can take pictures of the site 15. Make sure you take plenty of water there is no water not even one spigot. They have a vaulted restroom similar to a portapotty. We took our own portable potty and thank god we did so. I would definitely take some seven dust for the little critters at the campsites. It’s very quiet at night and there’s so much to do there.

Stay over

Due to rain and cloudy weather spent 3 nights for electrical hook up, I have solar system so with long periods of no sun just as easy to plug in and pay versus running generator,I have 2 freezers full of meat's for the winter in South Texas at RV park.

Very nice stay!

The campground is very clean and well kept. The staff is amazing. Great location near Beavers Bend for hiking, boating, and fishing. Also near the Mountain Fork river for some kayaking!

Secluded Acres near Beavers Bend

Clean. Lots of trees for shade. Full hookups and fire ring. On site: western style miniature golf, ice cream parlor, gift shop and western mock up photo booth.

Great times straight ahead!

This campsite provided us with a spot next to the water to fall asleep to the sounds of the running river. Out on the water whether swimming or on a boat is guaranteed to be accompanied with a rear view of the shoreline and animals to accompany it such as eagles, raccoon and… you’ve guessed it, a bountiful of fish!! This campsite is a good one to bring your family to make memories that will last for lifetimes to come.

Oklahoma hidden oasis

Beavers Bend State Park is a incredible beautiful state park hidden in the southeastern corner of the state. We planned our trip and reservation process on the TravelOK.com website which I highly recommend reserving in advance because this place fills up fast. We ended up reserving a premium RV site 5 in Acorn and our 5th wheel fit perfect. This site is a back in site with the river directly behind the site. Site consists of 1 fire pit, 1 picnic table and barbecue pit. The hookups consist of water and 30/50 amp electric. The road is on a one way loop with shower, bathroom and trash containers within walking distance. Trails are also within close proximity and vary in elevation be prepared and bring water and pick up a map from the ranger station. With that said the place is green for a reason and very humid during the warmer months but if you want to cool off check out the swimming area or rent a Kayak or paddle boat. We were told that the most popular time to visit is during the fall due to the color change just remember reserve ahead time and happy camping!

Nice diverse state park

HUGE place. Cabins, a lodge, restaurant, RV campgrounds, tent only campgroundsii, fly fishing, kayaks, hiking. When it isn’t COVID they have wagon rides, horse riding, pedal boats, paddle board and kayak rentals and miniature golf. There’s a lot to see and do here and we barely scratched the surface. We definitely need to visit again and explore j

A truly great place to camp, relax, catch some fish and just get away!

Located on the south shore of Pat Mayse Lake is the beautiful Corps Of Engineer campground Sanders Cove Recreation Area. This three loop campground is nestled among stunning trees and is a wonderful place to RV camp.

With two boat ramps you will have no issues putting your boat in the water. The swim area was kinda dull but better than nothing.

There is a serious fishing tournement held every year, Uncle Jesse Big Bass Classic Fishing Tournament, started by Denver Pyle who played Uncle Jesse on The Dukes of Hazzard fame, Denvers wife continues to hose this tournement in Denvers name today.

Check out my FPV tour of SAnders Cove ecreation area on my YouTube channel here…

We fell in LOVE with Little River campground!

In July 2020 we traveled north into Oklahoma to visit Little River Park. We found Little River Park on the Recreation.gov web site and just had to go pay a visit. On my previous trip into south East OK I meet some new friends from the area who told me to check out Pine Lake as it was way better for the mobility challenged. Upon our arrival to Little River Park we immediately were impressed with the stunning beauty of the area. We startled three deer as we were driving into Little River Park. Our site was great! Very level with a huge concrete pad that was ideal of the mobility challenged camper. We spent three days camping at Little River Park before the heat and humidity got the better of us and we decided to head back to home base. I look forward to a return trip to Little River Park on Pine Lake at some point in the future.

https://youtu.be/lx-HaTozn9gSite number 4