The best RV SITES camping near
Bokchito , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Bokchito Camping Reviews
Camping in the rain!

This place was pretty busy the weekend we camped here but we booked early and found a spot away from others. The water is brown but nice and cold for the summer so we couldn’t complain! We got some rain which sucks but we never let a little rain ruin our camping adventures. Would definitely come back to check out the cabins and camp again!

Quick and Easy

I pulled in about 10pm last week (late October). I tried to pay online as per requested. I set up my 4runner and Roof Top Tent and passed out. There were ZERO other campers but a bunch of RVs.

The Catfish bay campground was a super open peninsula with very little trees. There were human dropping buildings that looked clean but I didn't use. On the night I was there it was 68 with a very light breeze. I can see the summers being rough at this campground with almost zero cover. Nice shore line and my guess is the fishing is good.

Probably won't return as I don't see this campground offering much.

Loved it

We learned about this campground through the owners activities with Veterans. We stayed for 7 days and we were able to have totally relaxed days as well as very active days. Right next to the river for kayaking, canoeing or just relaxing. Off-road vehicle trails a petting zoo on site. Check the web site for activities, there may be live music or a large gathering scheduled which may or may not be your thing. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is that it’s a work in progress. New cabins were being added and more trails were being cut while we were there.

Peaceful and nice

Very peaceful place with level sites. We were in a class C motorhome

Great sunrise and sunset

Not a lot of shade here, so summer would be sweltering. We stayed early October and it was great weather. Good shore fishing but not a lot of hiking and such close by. Sunrise and sun set on the water was nice.

Beautiful place in Southern OK

Beautiful river in the hills of Southern Oklahoma.This is a public fishing and hunting area and not a state park , therefore it is much more primitive.  For the most part campers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, many of whom refuse to do so. There were a lot of toilet paper piles and dirty diapers in the woods surrounding the campsites. The area was also packed full of people with Texas tags.  The area gets more pristine the further you get from the campsites and parking areas. There is a catch and release trophy section at the upper reaches of the river. Be sure to have the proper outdoors license for your activity as the area is heavily patrolled and enforced. Be aware of the barbless hook areas. The river mostly consists of clear water flowing over a series of rock ledges with long clear pools in between. It is not ideal for floating as you will have to portage every quarter mile or so. The facilities consist of a few pit toilets that are not regularly cleaned. Outside of the camping and parking areas there is no vehicle access.

Beautiful place

Our camping site was 022 On Armadilla Hill

Nice spot for the night

Nice spot for the night It’s located on the right side of the dam fishing must be good we didn’t go fishing ourselves but tons of people have been fishing all night does not have full hook up 30 amp water no sewer dispose $ 22.00 A night can’t beat that check out is at 4 PM

Bonus is you reserve through their website posted at the gate gate does not close it remains open we checked in and reserve our spot at 8pm last minute

351 Corps Rd Denison, TX 75020 United States

Private balconies overlooking the lake

I had never heard of McGee Creek State park but had a blast here last weekend! We stayed right on the water at Potapo Landing. Definitely the nicest campsite I’ve seen. Aside from electricity, water, picnic table, fire pit and grill, each site also had their own deck! We got lucky as our site was not directly next to other campers, however most sites were pretty close together. It seemed like many of the RVs that were parked were there permanently (or at least for a very long time). Every now and then we’d catch a whiff of sewage smell but other than that it was very quiet and peaceful weekend.

2 issues

I stopped at beautiful lake in May of 2020 while on my bikepacking tour across Oklahoma. I stayed 2 nights in one of the Northwest sights. Hardly any people, but it was in the middle of the week. I stayed in a tent… the grounds were awesome and the full bathroom/showers were spotless. Very well kept However, I noticed within a few hours of setting up camp that roaches started invading my gear. By the end of my second night, I saw more than 10 roaches in various spots in and out of my gear. I even found one packed into one of my bike bags when I got home… dead, luckily. My other complaint is that the noise from neighbors was allowed to go on… only ended by them going to sleep around 2am. They have a noise ordnance clearly posted with a time limit… while the rangers drove through the park regularly, the noise ordinance was not enforced. The other parties besides me we’re all together as a large group, so if I complained, they would’ve known it was me, so I didn’t say anything. I probably should have just asked to be moved