Haswell , COLORADO

Most Recent Haswell Camping Reviews
-1 stars

I wish I could give this place negative stars. 😑 First and foremost you cannot arrive after hours without a reservation and by creating an account. Then upon paying for your site, which only has electric by the way, you also have to purchase a $9 parking pass. We had to purchase one for our RV AND one for our car. Camp hosts are nonexistent. The facilities were FILTHY ! One shower open that YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR. $1 in quarters got me 2 mins and upon shooting out freezing water without warning , it took over a minute to get warm so then I had under 60 seconds to do a quick wash. Mind you- I typically boon-dock and off grid camp but figured I would splurge and hook up for the night ( traveling across country) and use a facilities shower. The floor was filthy and there were excrements left not only in the toilet but also on the seat. I’m just really bummed out.. would not recommend. On the plus side, I had a gorgeous balled Eagle fly right over head that left me in awe. And the sunrise was very beautiful.

Great for overnight

Clean, friendly

Make sure you check your camp site on a map!

Initially made reservations at the point campground. There is NO shade. Cancelled and remade for Lake Hasty campground. Had a good time. Visited in spring, but it was HOT!! Very glad to have had the shade. Lots of owls. Lots of birds to watch. Bathrooms were a bit of a walk, but we were right next to the playground. Did some fishing, had a muskrat steal our fish. Lots of rattlesnakes. Also learned that rattlesnakes can swim. Easy drive to Bent's Old Fort which was great. Overall, nice but factor in weather when making reservations.

An easy overnight spot

I'm not sure what you'd do for more than a day in La Junta, but this was a great overnight spot for us in late September. (Old Bent's Fort is worth the side trip). Not crowded and restrooms were clean. Nice pull through sites, cute older playground, and a pool if you're in season. Late arrival instructions were obviously posted.

Second time here and we’ll be back again..

This has been a very good 3/4 of the way stop for us when heading to CO and UT.. we have the same site we had last time.. supper nice people and easy access.. Walmart is next door and there is food close by if your looking for an easy meal..

Perfect

Quiet. Secluded. Safe. Beautiful sunsets. Stopped off for an overnight on the way to Great Sand Dunes NP. So glad we found this place. Highly recommend.

Stayed while working

Was here for a month while working expensive for a month stay but staff was friendly, try to stay towards the back unless you like hearing a carwash at all hours. Has a small creek that is at the edge of the park was very nice while on nightly walks around park. Spaces are decently sized some have HUGE shade trees.

Beautiful but buggy!

We come to this reservoir all the time! They do a have a boat ramp and a few “beaches” to set up at if you want. But it’s covered in bugs. I know I know, that’s what camping is about BUT they are just annoying! Takes me a good hour after each trip to vacuum they all up out of the camper after each trip!

Terrifying

Got there late at night. There was a tweaker man with a shotgun who did not seem friendly. Really scared and had to leave

Very Nice KOA!

Very nice clean and convenient campground. Sites are well equipped and the prices are very affordable. We’ll stop here again.