Colorado Springs, COLORADO

Camping Colorado Colorado Springs

Most Recent Colorado Springs Camping Reviews
Lost in the desert oasis

This little gem was a great surprise! Although, not much around, it was very well maintained and looked like other KOA's. Upon getting in, we were geared by the owner who was extremely friendly. We were escorted to our campsite and the freshly raked gravel was a nice surprise. If you stay make sure to get the patio!

Bruce was extremely helpful when our electric was down and got us back up and running. Most of the amenities are closed because of the Covid 19 situation but enough to get us by.

With the pickup of trash and good delivery, I will definitely be back.

Great find

This spot was a great plan b. Our original spot ended up being closed and this was near by.

Great little campground. The sites are a bit small but we fit our 2 tents. There are few trees unless you happen to get a spot down by the river so it gets windy as well.

The campground is also right next to the road and there were semis going by all night.

Great during the week- way too crowded on the weekend

We came up Sunday and drove around for an hour trying to find a spot. It was so busy with campers and there were dirt bikers everywhere! Sunday evening it cleared up and we were the only ones there mon-tues! I loved the spot we found, super peaceful and secluded. Not super close to town and about a 30 min drive to deckers where we went tubing!

OK for one night stay

Came here traveling north on I-25.  Beware of the height limitations at the exit just south of this site.  It is a one way 13’3” bridge.  If you are taller go north to the next exit which has a similar one lane bridge at 13’9” or go through Pueblo and go north on Purcell.  Camp is fine, all of the basics.  Typical slow wifi and ok Verizon cell.  Full hookups.

RR and HWY noise is ever present.  But this is a KOA Journey which is rated for this kind of stay, but prices were kind of high for what you get.  Staff is good and helpful.

Not much more to say than I would look at other options next time in the area.  And especially if I was traveling north.  It is a pain to get in and out of this location if doing so.

In-Town Camping site with out of town feel!

Stayed here in the beginning of March and had an amazing time.  The temperature was about 48F  Degrees during the day and 20F at night.  It was cold, but our 31ft Hybrid camper kept us plenty warm.

Created in 2000, this campsite is in great shape and has a ton of walking trails and community activities to stay fit. Trails are well maintained and manicured.  There is a reason this site is always booked full. Each site is really well thought out with a spacious cement pad with water on each side and huge fire ring that has a cooking grate. Currently, there is major construction for cabins, but as of yet they were not finished.

While camping, when you look out you can see all of Colorado Springs and it is really breathtaking to have an "Up in the mountains" feel.

Bathrooms and showers were well maintained and super clean with large bear proof trash receptacles.

Dispersed and OHV camping

Great Dispersed camping site for OHV's. This place gets filled up pretty quickly by Friday with a ton of you haulers. This is primitive but you have the city of Divide just right down the way. Lots of trails for all day riding that are very easy. Had a blast with sites that can fit 5 or 6 40 ft toy haulers. Will definitely be there again.

Beautiful scenery, fun exploring. Lots of people partying on weekend!

I took my 3 daughters for our first ever dispersed camping trip. I thought it would be a cool adventure as we had only ever camped at campgrounds.  We ended up going about 16 miles from County Rd 123 up Phantom Canyon Rd.

We were in a Toyota Sienna which did perfectly well on the dirt road and as others have mentioned there are definitely some rough, wash boarded areas and lots of blind corners so taking your time is wise.  Part of the reason we went as far in as we did was that there wasn't a spot to spare.  This was on Friday/Saturday, May 1-2nd and every place that could be camped in was taken until we got to an area called, "Glenbrook" elevation 8,061 and we were able to find a place to set up camp opposite of the creek side.

We had a great time and made the most of it, and I say this only because our primary reason for "dispersed camping" was to get away from it all, the people, the noise, the congestion of campground camping.  I can honestly say, it is more quiet when we have camped in my backyard in Colorado Springs than the 2 nights we spent here.  On Friday  night there was an entire group with loud music, hooping & hollering & partying down the road.  On Saturday night there was a group down the road the other way with loud music & such.  Both nights this lasted until almost midnight.

I realize the negatives weren't from the place just the people that happened to be there at the time we went.  That was the problem just sooo many people everywhere!  But the area is absolutely beautiful and a great place to hike and explore.  We may have to try again possibly during the week it won't be so busy.

Great area!

Had a blast at this place. We arrived early Friday morning and most spots were already claimed. There are a total of 35 free camp sites but if you continue down 550 there are some paid camp sites as well, but those were closed for the time being. Sherif came through a few times. Sites were big and far enough away from neighbors. Would recommend.

Well, do not goi when it's cold

A beautiful place to be, but it decided to start snowing while I was there. The bathroom was clean, and the trash cans had been recently emptied. The picnic areas are well taken care of. But I slid down from the campsite.

Beautiful Area!

This is a beautiful area and close to Colorado Springs/Denver. Nice space with trees and facilities. I do wish the water was a little closer. The walk was rough and steep especially for the small humans. We went mid June and it was very cloudy, cold, and wet but we had fun anyway!