Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 115 ft.
Eleven Mile is located in Colorado
35 Reviews of Eleven Mile
Dirt, washboard roads are killer

We drove a 22' TT to the far side of this reservoir, following CO98. It was a newbie mistake and I'm posting this to warn others. The drive was beautiful, but once we got to the far side of the spillway, the road became awful. Total washboard and it shook our truck and camper so hard we were relegated to driving under 5mph. We stopped at a campsite for a break. The lake was stunning! The water was a blue that was striking. The north side of the lake was appeared to be protected by the cliffs and I would have enjoyed seeing that area, but by the time we made it back to Highway 24, I was never so happy to turn onto a highway. At that point I swore I'd never go back~ but after reading other reviews, maybe for a day trip. The side road to highway 24 was also in bad condition with major washouts. Driver BEWARE. We had to reattach lights, doors, drawers (yes, all of those things were shaken off, it was that bad).

Great spot

It was great I loved the rock formations between the campsites! Beautiful views of the lake. I did get cell service which was nice. Overall a success!

Views!

We spent one night here and were very impressed.  It was early in the week, mid September so the park sites were pretty empty for tent campers.  There were a few late arrival big rigs though they did not really bother us.  Bear country, for sure.  Though we did not see any, it felt like we were on the edge.  This was probably due to the signage everywhere.  Bathrooms were ok, not the best but i think that is probably due to staying right after a busy weekend.  Stay in the top sights, rocky ridge.  Found a nice flat spot for our RTT.

great

great park seagulls were cool but be prepared for the wind every evening we had to trash our tent when we left

Beautiful and remote

If you don't like driving on washboard dirt roads, this isn't the campground for you as all roads in are dirt. We camped in the Witcher's cove campground in September. The campground was not crowded during the week but got busy Friday through the weekend. This is a beautiful place to camp and is perfect for fishing, kayaking, and other water activities but not great for hiking. The campground is not well maintained in that fire rings are full of ash and garbage, tables are dirty, and bathrooms are not cleaned. We only saw a ranger go through the campground 1 time during our stay. The lack of rangers may be a seasonal issue but it resulted in many campers not following rules which can compromise the experience of others. The campground is windy so keep your canopies weighted or don't use them.

Great view, clean campsites

It's very pretty, but be prepared for high desert. Hot days, cold windy nights. The campsites are small, but clean, camp potty nearby and plenty of things to do in the lake.

ITS A MUST

The views at these sites were AMAZING!!! Sites are fairly spaced out and right on the water! We reserved a spot ahead of time and you have to pay for cars . Outhouses were available and trash services were also available . Definitely recommend this spot.

Backcountry at 11 Mile is a unique tent camping experience.

Backcountry campground at 11 mile reservoir is a really unique camping area and I think it has the most scenic campsites in all of 11 Mile. It’s not a very long hike from the parking lot to the backcountry sites but if your stuff is heavy you can usually pay someone to haul your gear over on a boat because most of the backcountry sites are close to the water. At all of the places I’ve camped at 11 Mile, the afternoon’s are very windy but from early morning to midday it was very calm. The wind was really annoying. There are bear bins in the backcountry campground. The rest of the campgrounds at 11 mile seem crowded and lacking privacy and shade.

When it rains, it pours.

I had read some reviews that weren’t thrilled with Eleven Mile State Park and I was interested to see what it was like. Our visit this weekend was amazing, even with some much needed rainstorms during a crazy Colorado fire season. We stayed in the D loop at Rocky Ridge campground and had great view of the lake and surrounding mountains. All of the campgrounds were fairly full but the place was clean and folks were friendly! There were plenty of laughing and playing kids and that made the Mrs. and I smile.

Several big thunderstorms reeked some havoc on some trailer canopies and tent campers but the rain was so badly needed it was actually enjoyable. The Midland Loop hike was great and perfect for kids and dogs. The views of the park from the hiking trail were great. It was a great place to visit.

Super fun!

The campsites here are really cool, mixed in between really rugged rocks and lake shore. We got a spot a little further off from the lake, but we were able to climb on the big rocks and hike around the outskirts. Our spot was close to the convenience store where we were able to rent a boat for the day and go out on the lake. The spot was able to accommodate a small A-line camper and a tent just fine. Not the most private camp spots but everyone around was so friendly.

Year 2021 Flag