About Eleven Mile State Park
Hike In
Eleven Mile State Park is located in Colorado
20 Reviews of Eleven Mile State Park
Beautiful reservoir but no privacy

The reservoir is fun to explore on paddle boards, and many of the sites have views of the water. You can pick up ice and other basics at the marina, and there is a dump station with two sides so the line moves pretty quickly.

The downside is that campground is not particularly clean, and the campsites have zero shade and zero privacy. They are set really close together.

Good fishing, that's it.

I am not a lover of Eleven Mile.  The wind factor due to the lack of trees is probably my biggest issue with Eleven Mile.  The views at sunset are nice I would not put it down as a place to return.  I think of it more as a mans' type of place than some place I'd recommend.  I was uncomfortable, fighting off bugs, covering my mouth from dirt from the wind, from vehicles coming in and out of fishing and parking lot area.  Took kayaks out on the water and it was not a smooth ride either, nonetheless sharing experiences with loved ones and friends was the best part, still…   nearby family has a PC. Of land and we all spent a couple of days there.  Half of the time it was spent inside campers due to the rough, high winds.  The area is wide open.  I prefer trees.  The bugs are just an added irritant.  I have long hair and I had to keep it up which was a bit of a hassle if it came out of my hat or bandanas.  The fishing is awesome, if you keep at it.  The wind factor obviously plays a big part in casting a lot and often.  Don't like tangled lines myself so it is just not the place for me.  If driving through, in the evening, it can be pretty and one might do well to take their camera.  Take a bonnet, sun tan lotion and bug repellent for sure.  It is open space and you can see for quite some distance.overall not my type of fishing or camping spot.  A motorized boat is best instead of a canoe or kayak for sure due to the winds and choppiness of the water.

Great Park

This is a fantastic park for car camping and fishing.

Amenities: Ranger Station, water, general store, bait and fishing supplies, ampatheater, playground, marina, toilets

Cons: No shade, mosquitoes, crowded during summer

Beautiful scenery but miserable experience

Rooftop tent camped here for one night since it was on the way from and to our next destination during our camping road trip in Colorado. And also because based on my research, the (shore) fishing is good. Was here on a weekday so park was quite empty, with the exception of a few neighbors a few sites away. There were a few other shore anglers but no one caught anything as far as we can tell. We got nothing either which wasn’t a big deal since fishing wasn’t a priority. While the views are breath taking, the gazillion of bugs, howling winds & stinky pit toilets made it a miserable experience for us. Every time there was a strong gust of wind, which was like every minute or 2, we could smell the toilet. I’ve done a lot of primitive camping and I usually don’t mind vault toilets, but this one was just atrocious! I mean, it was as if they haven’t checked up on it in years. The bugs, although didn’t bite, were swarming everywhere! It was so bad we skipped cooking dinner and opted to eat trail mix in our vehicle instead. Like I mentioned, absolutely gorgeous scenery but the bugs, winds and smelly toilets made me never want to return again.

Great for RV

Pros: -lots of level, well maintained sites -huge lake, great for fishing or boating -electrical hookups for RV camping Cons: -minimal shade and sites are close together -bathroom/shower are at the entrance (a considerable distance from most sites) -not a ton of great hiking areas. Bottom line if you’re an RV camper and an angler definitely a decent spot. If you’re a tent camper and hiker check elsewhere.

Lake in the middle of a desert

The campground was well maintained, but the sites were so close together. Getting from loop E to the water was a trek. We tried 3 water spigots before we found one that worked. The bathrooms were well maintained. It was very beautiful sunsets. Lots of trash in the res though. It seems as if people just don’t care about their surroundings. We only saw 1 fish jump out while we were there so fishing was pretty lackluster.

Family Friendly Fun

We’ve stayed here twice, both in early June so we were relatively prepared for the cold coming off the lake. Like with any campsite, I say do your research on the area before visiting. Not all sites have views of the lake, but there is PLENTY of space to explore the shore. We were in Loop E most recently and backed up to a beautiful open space. We saw a big pronghorn and plenty of ground squirrels. Even though we were a little close to our neighbors, we barely heard them thanks to the boulders that served as site dividers. The bathrooms are always stocked and clean. During the day, we ventured down to the Marina Shop, played on the playground with our daughter (the slides are steep but she loved it), and then wandered along the shoreline. They offer kayaking, but it was way too cold for us.

We can’t wait to go back!

Huge lake, beautiful views

This campground is surprisingly beautiful. The snow covered peaks rise in the background of the lake. There are multiple small campgrounds around the lake that make up the State Park. The small campgrounds near the lake are non-electronic. The electric sites are further from the lake but a few of them have lake views. The marina appears to rent kayaks and canoes. The staff in the office were very friendly. The downside is that there are no trees and it can be very windy.

Eleven mile

This campground has no shade and the spots were pretty small but the bus were big. Bring plenty of sun screen and comfy shoes, you sure may be a ways from the water.

best fishing around

we make 2 trips here every summer. We troll early in the morning before the wind kicks up. When it’s a full moon, we like to night fish from the shore.