Grand Junction, COLORADO

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Grand Junction Camping Reviews
Nice place to camp

We found a nice tucked away spot in a rock formation The roads are pretty rough, highly suggest an SUV or ATV. Gets hot in the summer, but beautiful views of the valley and river if you can find the way.

just do it

words can not describe the beauty of fisher towers campground if you are looking for somewhere different and off the beaten path then this is it.

Oasis in the Desert

I typically visit this campground a few times per year on mountain biking trips. The grass fields and trees are unique in that most desert camping is spent sand out of all your nooks and crannies. The showers are a bonus after long days in the saddle.

Wonderful place

This is a great place to stay with access to the river. The only disappointing thing is that there are limited sites and they fill up quickly most weekends. And if you have a camper that is larger than 25 foot the dispersed camping areas are very limited. I really hope the BLM has plans to expand this campground by at least 5 sites in the near future as I think they would still be full often.

Words can’t describe

Wonderful quite relaxing area even when biking events are going on and there are lots of people around.

Like no Other Campground You've Been to!

This is one of our absolute favorite campgrounds in all of Utah!  Not only are you surrounded by the tallest desert towers in the entire US!  The "Titan" stands at just over 700' tall and is surrounded by other towers shooting into the hundreds of feet as well!  Not only do you have the Fisher Towers, but the large sandstone mesas and towers to the west are also very visible.

The campground itself is nothing special amenity wise.  It is a small CG that is first come first served for 5 sites that hold 10 people max and cost $15.  These sites are tent only so no RVs.  There are picnic tables and metal fire rings, along with vault toilets, but there are no other amenities.  So bring all your water and pack out everything.

While in the Fisher Towers area you can hike the 2.2 mile out and back trail that leads to a great viewpoint of The Titan!  In nearby Onion Creek there is also some fun off-roading to be had.  If you're looking for "quality" desert climbing then these giant stacks of mud are perfect!  Some of the less popular routes definitely have pieces break off on a regular basis.  Most of the short approach and really popular routes like Ancient Art are pretty solid rock though.  Since Ancient Art was crazy busy (6 parties in front of us) we decided to do 1 of the 2 routes up Lizard Tower, which is also the closest to the parking lot haha.  On a serious note, pretty much all routes here are of a serious trad/aid nature so please be cautious when climbing and know your limits!

Clean

Quiet. Grass!

Best views on River Road

Come cause you’ll usually find an open space and stay cause it’s so damn pretty there

So much more than I ever expected

Starting out my adventures in Park City Utah was nice but was nothing like my experience once I hit Saddlehorn! From the moment I entered the monument, until parking by my campsite my jaw was in a permanent state of drop. From the breathtaking views to the surreal scenery and everything else in between, it was like nothing I’ve ever seen before. The campsite was very nice/clean and I was at a site next to the bathrooms (which were also very clean) and it was never really a bother. The hosts/rangers were kind and friendly. Some even went as far as helping me with setting up my canopy since I was by myself, others offered amazing points of interest!

There were only 2 issues I encountered during my 9 day stay. 1. Being on top of a “mountain” it was hard to find appropriate places to stake my tent in so I used larger rocks in those corners to secure my tent. 2. The weather was 100+ all week but took a nice break and visited Grand Mesa Mountain where it was much, much cooler. With neither one of these two issues having any connection to the campground, I will be making this place a routine regular for sure! I even hope to be bringing my nieces and nephews with me some day!!