Mesa Verde National Park, COLORADO

Camping Colorado Mesa Verde National Park

Most Recent Mesa Verde National Park Camping Reviews
Noisy but central and cheap

You can't beat the central location and access to bike trail. Sites back up to the maintenance department and they are in and out on ATVs and bulldozers a lot!!

Definitely worth driving a little further

We arrived to the area with plenty of time to explore our options. We decided to drive further up the mountain, gaining some elevation but it was much more secluded. The dirt road wasn’t terrible, just needed to be careful because the road is skinny and sometimes rocky. We snagged a tiny spot which is all that we needed for our tent and an area to make food. There was also some walking paths behind our campsite which helped us get to know the vegetation and animals in the area.

The bougiest in the best way

This campground is beautiful. Lives up to its name. Also

One of the most beautiful campgrounds

Vallecito is one of the most beautiful campgrounds I’ve been to so far. Grounds were clean, most of the campsite were large, bathrooms were kept clean, and the Vallacito creek can be heard throughout the campground. Only reason I gave it 4 not 5 stars was most furkids were not on leashes or leads so we always had pups running up on us while walking my pups. I mean I love letting my girls run free, but be more responsible people. I’d highly recommend this campsite.

Low on amenities but high on solitude and beauty

Bradfield is a very nice BLM managed campground. Set down in the canyon of the Dolores River below McPhee Reservoir. Campground has 17 improved campsites with picnic tables and fire pits. There is one hand pump for fresh water. No electric or dump station. $8.00 per night.

Dolores River Canyon is absolutely beautiful. The river is crystal clear and there is resident trout swimming about. Fishing is allowed but some stretches are catch and release. The canyon surrounds the campground so light pollution is blocked and the night sky is wonderful.

We stayed here for 5 nights in our 5th wheel. Highly recommend this campground!!

LOVED this campground

Maybe it was because I had spent days BLM camping- but Morefield seemed like a dream. Loved the atmosphere and amazing nights rest. The campsite offers decent privacy and great shower system with a general store. One of my favorite NP’s as well.

Lovely grounds, but...

The grounds are really lovely, but the spaces are super close together. We could not sit outside unless we wanted to be 5 feet from the sewer hose on the trailer next to us. There are spaces with room and a view of the river, but the vast majority did not. You can hear Hwy 160 very clearly, so we ran the A/C fan to drown out the noise.

Due to COVID restrictions, the bathrooms and showers were closed, so I can't comment on them.

This RV park is the perfect location for us on our trips to and from CA from Colorado, but at over $55 a night, we may see what else we can find I. The general area.

Great stop

Great laundry with big washers and driers and lots of space to fold clothes. The bathrooms are big and very clean. Owner was so great and so kind. Will stay again when passing through. Only downside is there are no trees or grass but it was perfect for what we needed!

Welcome Home

The owner is a great guy. The place is great . It has bathroom, shower , and a kitchen . I used the food from the kitchen to cooked my breakfast in the morning. I left a tip .

My motorcycle and I camped here. It was little difficult to find it but if you call the number , they will guide you & send you a message for instructions on how to get to the site.

I rode all the way near the end. There are mailboxes on your right as well as 'Private Road' and 'Do Not Enter' signs. Follow the Camp sign LEFT, watching for the driveway o n the left marked with a white sign with our logo and address, posts with Tibetan prayer flags, a FUNKY FLASHING TRAFFIC SIGNAL & green gates.

I’ll camp here next time .

Not bad if you're passing through

Clean, but it's on the industrial edge of Cortez. Thankfully it had a nice view of the Mesa Verde mountain range from many sites. We happened to be in a site directly behind one of the cute cabins that have a premium view. Gravel drive and pads. Utilities back to back. Laundry and restroom were clean.