Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Beaver Park Reservoir is located in Colorado
7 Reviews of Beaver Park Reservoir
Nice dispersed campsites

Free dispersed camping with zero amenities but man made fire pits. Windy and cold but beautiful!

Quick stay over camp spot

We stayed here a few nights ago, the first major thing to point out is the location and its ease to access for front rangers. Only about 30 minutes form boulder, these are great spots to get you out in the wilderness but with that comes crowds. We arrived on Friday mid day and found one spot left. Some people looked like they had been there for a while.

That being said, this was a great spot for a quick stay over. We were looking for a free spot just to spend one night to get an early jump on a hike the next morning. Each spot is spaced apart even though we could still hear out neighbors. This is dispersed so no metal pits, tables or anything like that but they are free! As you can tell by my pictures, our spot was tight. bIg enough to park one car but have multiple tents if placing them around the parking spot. Other spots are huge, easily big enough for an RV.

Access is easy, just off the main highway and then onto a well maintained dirt road. The first few miles are private but the signage is easy to read. There is some hiking nearby, lots of people on ATV's and a decent amount of car traffic so not the most quiet but overall we like this spot. Not much to do on this exact road except a one hike out past the reservoir. This is a great quick stay spot.

Private Lake, Really Crowded, ATVs everywhere

It's got a feeling like you're not supposed to be there. The lake is private. The locals will hassle you of you're too close to the lake. Don't go on the weekend, there's a lot of people. If you find a space that's farther from the lake, you'll have more privacy

It's got a pretty view, except that there's keep out and private property signs everywhere. There's ATVs constantly driving right next to you. It's not very remote and the sites are pretty open to everyone the closer to the reservoir that you get. Between the camp site and the reservoir, at least at this time right now, there's a massive space of dirt that has tire tracks all over it. On the other side of the reservoir there's a bunch of buildings.

My friends had a great time, and they're still new to camping, but I felt like we were not separated from anyone, and the view was hindered by all the private property signs and buildings on the other side of the lake. I won't be camping there again.

Great area, easy to get to.

Several sites with rock fire pits. Close to beaver reservoir but apparently it is a private reservoir. Still great option for free camping

Free Dispersed Camping with a Lake

Pretty average dispersed campsites. Far enough apart that you can’t see or hear your neighbors which was nice. Fire pits existed on the sites but no grates or bathrooms. A short walk down the dirt road leads you to a beautiful lake.

Kind of boring

I’d say the pros to camping at Beaver Park is that it is free, the sites are large, and maybe 2 sites have lake views. Most of the sites are spaced really far apart too - excluding the 2 by the lake. Cons are that the lake is private so basically you can look but can’t touch. If you continue down the road past the lake you end up in a community, so I don’t think there is any hiking back there. I didn’t try though because I felt sort of like I wasn’t supposed to be there. The site I stayed at was ok. It was forested and had privacy from the road. It also had a lot of good firewood just there, but I’m sure not every site is always like that. One problem we had was that our site had a lot of tree stumps, and that made it hard to park our car where we wanted it since we were car camping. Overall a just ok dispersed site. I found myself bored here and wished there were more things to do/see.

Free Dispersed Camping in the Rockies

Beautiful spot with a gorgeous view of a couple of mountain peaks (Thunderbolt Peak?) with the reservoir in the foreground.

-Camping is on the left as you approach the lake, there is nothing past the first big area you see.

-Many spaces available, just pick a primitive firepit and setup around it.

-Lake is technically private and the locals WILL hassle you if they catch you fishing/swimming/boating.

-We easily made the drive up in a low clearance car, and Rv's should have no problem.

- In total I'd say around 15 separate campsites could operate here comfortably on a busy weekend.

Year 2021 Flag