Water Unknown
About Beaver Park Reservoir
USDA Forest Service
Beaver Park Reservoir is located in Colorado
4 Reviews of Beaver Park Reservoir
Great area, easy to get to.

Several sites with rock fire pits. Close to beaver reservoir but apparently it is a private reservoir. Still great option for free camping

Free Dispersed Camping with a Lake

Pretty average dispersed campsites. Far enough apart that you can’t see or hear your neighbors which was nice. Fire pits existed on the sites but no grates or bathrooms. A short walk down the dirt road leads you to a beautiful lake.

Kind of boring

I’d say the pros to camping at Beaver Park is that it is free, the sites are large, and maybe 2 sites have lake views. Most of the sites are spaced really far apart too - excluding the 2 by the lake. Cons are that the lake is private so basically you can look but can’t touch. If you continue down the road past the lake you end up in a community, so I don’t think there is any hiking back there. I didn’t try though because I felt sort of like I wasn’t supposed to be there. The site I stayed at was ok. It was forested and had privacy from the road. It also had a lot of good firewood just there, but I’m sure not every site is always like that. One problem we had was that our site had a lot of tree stumps, and that made it hard to park our car where we wanted it since we were car camping. Overall a just ok dispersed site. I found myself bored here and wished there were more things to do/see.

Free Dispersed Camping in the Rockies

Beautiful spot with a gorgeous view of a couple of mountain peaks (Thunderbolt Peak?) with the reservoir in the foreground.

-Camping is on the left as you approach the lake, there is nothing past the first big area you see.

-Many spaces available, just pick a primitive firepit and setup around it.

-Lake is technically private and the locals WILL hassle you if they catch you fishing/swimming/boating.

-We easily made the drive up in a low clearance car, and Rv's should have no problem.

- In total I'd say around 15 separate campsites could operate here comfortably on a busy weekend.