White River National Forest, COLORADO

Camping Colorado White River National Forest

Most Recent White River National Forest Camping Reviews
FUN!!!

Great place to camp after concerts at State Bridge!

Quite and Nice

Stayed two days. Was clean when there. Loved the trailhead next to the campsite. The hike is good for kids. It’s a dense forest. We saw some moose by the lake, and fishing was great.

Amazing site. Rough going to get there

Great campsite #10. Probably an acre in size. Couldn’t see or hear anyone for our 3 day stay. Walk down to creek. Plenty of room for tent hammock, fire area. The road in was rough for my wife. We had a CR-V and clearance was not an issue. It it was very bumpy

Great camp

Just as good as mollie b. Amazing campgrounds and beautiful views.

Far away from the water

Camp is far from the water. But is so much more dispersed than the other nearby campgrounds.

The best ever

Best campground I’ve been to it’s so nice. Cold at night nice in the day. Wonderful feeling being out there in the mountains 🏔

All I can say is go. The have water bathrooms and firewood. So go.

Easy lake access

Good campground for you boaters.

Dirty and Next to the Highway but Good River Access

This is a last resort campground. It is on the side of the highway, no shade except by the river, and the sites are right on top of each other. There are only 6 sites.

There is easy river access so if you are looking for just a spot to stop overnight or to cool down by the river this would be fine. But I wouldn't use this location as a get away destination.

The bathroom is disgusting and the trash was overflowing when I stopped here. I don’t know how often this spot is patrolled or cared for.

There is a rafting guide company that comes through every couple of hours during the day to put in or take out of the river. They park their buses under the only shady spots in the extended pull out to keep them cool. I don't blame them, this location gets hot.

Little gem close to Leadville

Tucked up on the edge of the woods this little gem is only 3 miles from Leadville. The outer edge sites are far better for views and space but even the site in middle are spaced out enough to have table and fire pit in each spot. The little general store is sparse but has emergency stuff and folks are really nice. They have shower house and bathroom and a huge field next door for the dogs to run. Nights are very quiet and huge dark sky to gaze at the stars.

Nice campgrounds

Honestly this campground was very nice and clean when we went to visit.

The drive in was also amazing. When you get to the gate make sure you have 7$ cash.

One of many stops we made in Colorado. Neighbors were nice 👍🏾 the campsites are pretty darn big so it gives you and your neighbors enough to space apart.

We stayed for two days and the campground host was nice as well. Bathrooms were clean. Didn’t see any Bears on my visit.

Lake was beautiful.