Great Sand Dunes National Park And Preserve, COLORADO

Camping Colorado Great Sand Dunes National Park And Preserve

Most Recent Great Sand Dunes National Park And Preserve Camping Reviews
Well kept park.

Nice park to stay at. Clean, friendly, and wasn't an issue showing up or leaving. Water, 30amp, and sewer are right next to each other which I prefer. Dirt pad wasn't too bad to level our rig. Took a couple blocks to level it out. Site had a fire ring, and a picnic table with a trash can right at the site. They have a shower on site, we didn't use but it was nice knowing it was there. Driving to the site was clearly marked, we were in the back of the park and the WiFi was about 2 bars. Overall the park was really nice, but the thing I loved the most was the view of the stars.

Hike, Fish and have fun!

This little hidden gem is a great way to spend your day. Although the site closes at dusk, there is plenty of time in the day to squeeze the juice out of this little alpine oasis. Fishing is allowed from shore, dock, boat or ice fishing during the winter months. Parking is easily accessible and free. This is a great place to picnic, cook out, drop a line in the water or hit a few laps around the lake on foot. Don’t pass through the front range without making a stop here. One word describes this place… Relaxing. An added bonus is that the Mt. Herman trailheads are a 5 minute drive away!

Only One Night Stay Allowed

This is an interesting spot to stay the night. It is right on the river and there are 1-5 sites with a playground, bathrooms, bbq pit, and a dump station. I'm not sure who takes care of this park but they have done a great job!

It is not pet friendly so keep them on a leash and walk them off property.

It is a free site but you can only stay 1 night max. It is not for tents but it will fit RV's and campervans just fine. Maximum RV length is 35 feet.

The best thing about this site is that it is within walking distance of Three Barrel Brewing Company! Excellent beer and a legit pizza oven!

Clean and Well Maintained

My daughter and I stayed here. While it looks desolate in our pictures, it was clean, well set-up, and a very nice campground. There was a family home on the grounds and a camp host at the entrance. We felt very safe. Each campsite had a nice picnic table and fire ring. The shower house was fairly new and wonderful. Our destination was the Sand Dunes and the location of the campground was perfect. Plus, the views were beautiful!

Good campground for access to Isabel Lake.

I agree with previous review, but would add we parked near dam off highway and loaded our kayaks in at dam. Much easier, and fishing best at that half of lake. Fly rod with a floating white fly works great. Just let it sit.

Great place for families

All the best KOA amenities. Love it.

Great place to hunker down

We didn’t stay more than one night, but most KOA’s don’t disappoint and this one didn’t either. A very welcoming place with warm camping cabins. I recommend it.

Good commercial campsite

We had a good time, plenty of activities, pools, putt-putt, hiking, they had young staff that organized hands on crafts and science experiment classes for all the kids to participate in who were staying that weekend. One class was the kids making alka seltzer rockets

Great camping

I won. Camp robbers (the birds) lost.