Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Mueller is located in Colorado
41 Reviews of Mueller
Best State Park I've been in

Now… I'm originally from Louisiana, and I now live in Texas, so my standards aren't very high, lol, but the restrooms were impeccable… Clean, smelled clean, and well maintained. The pit toilets we're even moderately comfortable, but I admittedly drove down to the comfort station bathroom twice in the night. It's far enough away from everything while still allowing you to drive to a pizza parlor in town for a nice dinner and a beer.

Exceptional Fall Scenery

Wonderful walk-in tent camping site in the Turkey Meadow loop. Could view the Aspen trees in full color with Pikes Peak in the background. Peaceful and relatively private the week I was there.

Absolutely Wonderful

This is less than thirty minutes from my house, but feels like a world away. Spots are close but private and paved pads make leveling easy. Most sites are pull through along the road and include electric. Back in sites are also available. The campground was full even with the snow and cold in early September. There are very few undesirable spots within the grounds, and the group sites are exceptional.

Vault and flush toilets are available at various locations through the campground, and there is a self-service dump station available at the front of the campground. We did run into the issue of people dumping buckets of waste in the dump station and not washing everything down, so look before you step.

Tent pads are large platforms filled with pea gravel, and include well maintained picnic tables and fire rings. The grounds and campsites are beautifully maintained and wonderful views of the surrounding mountains are plentiful.

Watch out for wildlife and be sure to read restrictions and rules on the maps provided at the gate - use and closures change seasonally.

Great for a couple of nights.

Nice facilities and clean. Picturesque and on top of a heavily wooded ridge. Some of the sites are more open and give a great view. Pike's Peak dominates the skyline to the east. Walk in sites are quieter with less light pollution from RV porches, I don't know why some campers are lit up like xmas. A bit pricey as the camp fee does not include the park fee.

Quiet Place in Nature

Super nice campground that makes you feel like you’re out in nature and in the mountains. Although there are tons of spots you are very well distanced from everyone. Views are great! Cleanest camp bathrooms we’ve seen all year! Onsite dump, most sites are pull through with Electricy, WiFi was good, I could even stream music.

Most trails inside the campground don’t allow dogs.

Cooler temp at the top of the ridge

This campground is at the top of the ridge and much cooler than lower elevations.

We didn’t have reservations and they do not do registration at the gatehouse. You are required to go online, create an account, and then register. On your phone with sketchy cell reception. Very inconvenient.1

Many sites are paved. Due to the steep terrain, many sites are small, or the parking pad is not level. It was very full after labor day and didn’t have many choices, but were able to find a level pull-through site.

Nice Park

Super nice facility and clean. Very busy park as a lot of sites are on the main road. If you can choose to stay off the main road areas you will enjoy more. Lots of hiking and biking. We saw some deer that came through our site. Just a real nice relaxing place!

Love love love!!

We only stayed here one night, but now we want to go back and spend more time. Simply gorgeous park. We had a spot that overlooked a large meadow, and we got to see several deer that evening along the edges. The bathrooms were very clean. The campfire program was a hit with the boys! We will definitely be back! We tent camped so I can’t speak to RV specifics.

Pretty but busy campground

We stayed at site 36 in the Conifer loop. I would not want to stay at the sites along the main road. These seemed to have very little privacy. Even numbered loops along Conifer had amazing views, site 40 had the best. Our site had good privacy but without cloud cover would have been hot. The gravel tent pad, picnic table and fire pit were all in good condition. Most campers near us had RV or trailer bathrooms so the vault toilet and flush toilets were usually unoccupied. Great hiking and all sorts of attractions nearby. Park sells firewood for $5 a bundle, they even drive around in the evening selling.  Would stay here again as long as I could get a spot on one of the loops and not the main road.

One of our favorite local camping area

We live in Colorado Springs but traditionally hit Mueller at least once a season while we had a pop up.  Not quite as good for our current RV - there are devil trees to maneuver around!  It is a beautiful wooded park with lots of trails.  Sites vary in size and type with a few pull throughs.   There are 3 very nice fully-equipped cabins also. If you're into geocaching, there are several that can be found in the park.  Beautiful place to get away and enjoy nature.

Year 2021 Flag