Curecanti National Recreation Area, COLORADO

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Curecanti National Recreation Area Camping Reviews
Amazing campsite

We stayed in this area, did not stay in the lost lake camping sites as everything was full but along the road there are loads of places to pull off and camp! Secluded and really a peaceful place!

Best campground. Hard to get.

Best campground I have seen. Very hard to get, don't be picky. Bad toilets. The picture below is from a site on the back pond.

Perfect Colorado Camping

See my other Review for Dakota Ridge. Another 5 stars with all amenities and screaming Verizon Wifi

Stunning CO mtns surround you

We tested out maiden working on the road trip at this spectacular state park. It was end of the season so some loops were closed. Each site gave privacy with nature in between. The WiFi tower was right in the campground so WiFi was screaming. Mild temperatures in October. 5 stars!!!

RV camping

Nice if you want a koa experience.  However not enough shade for RV'S without full hookups.

Tent camping

great campground close to hiking, biking, etc. Clean, fairly quiet if no rv with generators

Beautiful High Desert Camping

Plenty of camping spots with amazing rock outcrops perfect for exploring!

Location location location

Location location location

Beautiful and Quiet Campground

Loved this campground. The sites were well spaced, with few campers the time I was there. My campsite was surrounded by aspen and conifer trees, proving plenty of shade. One of my favorite campgrounds during my trip thru Colorado.

Quiet and pretty if you walk 1 min away from the campsites

Two general areas to camp - one in a more open setting with more sun, and one in a shaded area that has a pinch more privacy. We stayed in the latter. Unfortunately, there were no sites right by the river.

FYI - Put your car in low gear going down into the canyon. I had a jeep and didn't and I could smell the pungent smell of my brakes burning up.

Apparently, there is good fly fishing by the campsite too.