Camping in Mack

568 Reviews of 107 Mack, Arizona Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

1st camping trip

We managed to get a 1st come 1st served spot. Beautiful camp ground and lake, very clean. The host and his wife were very helpful, will definitely go there again.

SiteDogtown Lake Campground
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Wish we could stay longer!

This spot is amazing! There were plenty of options when we drove up the road. We can see one other camper from our spot but we didn’t really hear anyone overnight. We did notice some trash around and will pick up what’s around us before we leave. If we lived closer we’d be out here all the time!

Rick O.

Family Fun But Peaceful

Nice weather. Very low occupancy. Serene and peaceful with activities for all ages. Hiking, fishing, exploring, wildlife.

Month of VisitOctober
Steven B.

Amazing

The views are amazing and right there behind each spots, the spots are separated pretty well, and lots of day-hiking opportunities. Take County rd 231 for the nicest roads in. Most other routes are great for 4x4-ing.

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User

One of my favorites

Spent a couple nights up here recently. I’d definitely recommend patience and a vehicle that you’re comfortable hitting ruts, rocks, etc with depending on which route you choose to take into this location.

As for the sites there are a handful of off shoots that go to the edge with the views…

SiteCliff edge
Brenda K.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Nothing short of amazing!

We loved our stay here.  The site was well maintained and the scenery was perfect.

L
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Great dispersed camping

Camped here for two nights in two different spots. Both were great, plenty of distance between me and other campers, quiet and peaceful. There were some motor bikes and ATV’s over the weekend but nothing crazy. Good free camping that is easy to access and peaceful!

Nik W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Spacious

I am new to camping however after my recently experiencing my first time, I’m addicted! I have not been to many spots but I really like this one! We got one of the first spots however didn’t even see anyone else after parking until we walked a bit to explore. Fire pit at our location and another…

C
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Lots to do around here!

The campground itself is ok. Fairly large sites, lots of trees. No electricity, but water spigots scattered around. Fort Tuthill County Park is huge with an incredible amount of activities: zip lines, adventure courses, equestrian courses, bike and hiking trails, etc. So the place offers a lot…

SiteG1
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Free and Easy, but Hot

Great place for some free camping. Many different spots in the road and gorgeous scenery of Sedona. Bring lots of water and know that there are no bathrooms for a while. Would recommend. Road is rough, but not horrible.

• beautiful sun set
SiteDispersed
N P.
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Cute & appointed

Close drive to town and our van backed up to a picturesque rock face so we slept with the back doors open. No bugs. Hot but cool enough to sleep with a few fans. Little trail from the grounds to the larger lake trail paths. Laundry and clean showers.

Michael K.The Dyrt PRO User

Nice Camping

We chose site 10 because it was close to the stream and shady . The hosts warned us about the hammer noise from a water pump close by. My daughter's wanted to be near the water.. we heard the noise,, but It didn't bother us. Good Mountain biking nearby. Just a heads up, Morman Lake is dry.

Jim C.

Very upscale

Very clean very upscale. Great amenities definitely do again

Month of VisitApril
Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

So great exactly what we wanted

Flat level sites very easy to deal with close to Route 66 and railway for grand can

Month of VisitApril
R
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Large Spots

There are large pull through spots and people seem to respect your camping space. Its a wash board about 500 feet in and it smooths out a bit after that. There is fair Tmobile signal here. Saw a humming bird multiple times. They will fly right up to you and stare at you. Nice breezes at…

SiteAbout 1 mile down the forest road.