About Navajo National Monument
Hike In
Navajo National Monument is located in Arizona
11 Reviews of Navajo National Monument
Navajo National Monument and Monument Valley

Traveling, hiking and camping around Navajo National Monument and Monument Valley is a treat to the eyes. If you are a fan of Western or Cowboy movies you'll understand. You are able to see iconic landscapes that you might have seen in a movie or tv series. You're best able to cover ground by driving to various destinations. But if you have the chance to hike in the area you are rewarded with a more intimate experience.

This area is not part of the National Park System, so NPS annual passes are not valid. There is an admission fee per individual or per car to accesss the Navajo land. In additional there are fees for backcountry hiking or guided tours.

Awesome

Great place to stay, Breathe Taking Views, Dont Miss A Chance To Stay a Night or Two

Beautiful but no fire rings

In most senses, this camp ground is great. Sunset View offers a beautiful setting, a camper service sink, flushable toilets and drinkable water. The only downside for me is the no burning except charcoal and propane stovetops. No fire rings is a no-go for me.

Beautiful but no fire rings

FREE!

Small visitor center, water and restrooms, and three self-guided hiking trails. Beautiful area to explore.

Sunset View Campground is a very nice free campground that would typically cost at least $20 per day. During my stay, most of the campers arrived early evening and departed early morning so the campground was empty each day.

Stay limit is 7 days per year.

best kept secret in AZ

This is a fantastic campground, with water, facilities but not overrun with people, and it’s free! I stayed here on a lark a few years ago and we wound up staying two nights and visiting the Betatakin, which is a free ranger lead ruins tour. This time I went back to backpack into Keet Seal, which was amazing and the stay at NNM was a perfect way to start the trip.

Hidden Gem of Arizona!

First: it’s FREE! No cost to camp at this gorgeous national monument with facilities! When we visited in June, we were among a small crowd of campers. We have a tent and we were very comfortable under the Northern Arizona sky.

Great Campsite!

I camped here for a geology field trip with NAU. The following day we got a tour of the monument which was awesome! I loved the hike in and out. The campsite itself was scenic and quiet.

Oasis in the desert

Free pull in spots great for catching some zs while driving through. Beautiful landscaping and nice restrooms. Cowboy camped here on the way to Moab.

One of my favorite places, breathtaking views

This campground is beautiful, it’s up the mountain and I’m not sure how big of camper can get there, we pulled our 21ft and probably wouldn’t take anything bigger, the scenery is breathtaking and it’s very worth the drive!! A must see place, and the people at visitor center are so nice and informative.