Water Unknown
No Market
Mittry Lake Dispersed is located in Arizona
3 Reviews of Mittry Lake Dispersed
bring bugspray

we adventured out to mittry lake in Arizona and boy was it beautiful. we brought our paddle boards to use on the lake and it was peaceful. not too many people were camping but during the day it was loud with people driving by with their boats. at night… the mosquitos came out and ate us alive. being from southern california, we haven't experienced mosquitos in a very long time. so make sure to be prepared.

Dispersed lakeside camping better for RV

March 23, 2018

Mittry Lake

North of Yuma, AZ

This was a quick, overnight stop on the way to somewhere after taking care of some business in Yuma. The lake is part of a system of small reservoirs on the lower Colorado River backed up by Martinez Dam and is heavily used winter visitors (snowbirds) in RV’s.

The RV’s are necessary since the camping area, while free of charge and worth it, is not overloaded with amenities. The lake has dumpsters and boat ramps but not much else besides a place to park. Parking is first come, first served and I would expect at the height of winter in the East this place gets very full since it was well-populated when I arrived.

Mostly it is a place to spend time on the cheap or the locals to drop a boat in the water for slow-speed recreation. Tried fishing from the shore and while fishing is always good, the catching is variable, in this case, nuttin.

If you are camping with an RV, Mittry Lake would be a lovely place to spend a few days between October and April, not so much in summer.

Sweet little getaway

I camped here for a few weeks in January. It is beautiful and quiet even though I had quite a few neighbors. I found being by the lake brought more mosquitos so I camped on the raised portion just south of the lake. There are lots of birds! Also a few trails around the area through rocky hills. I thoroughly enjoyed my time staying here, and it was just a few minutes from town. It is just far enough outside of town to not have cell service. There are well maintained facilities. My dog loved getting to swim everyday! Overall i cant reccomend this place enough. I loved it and the convinience of it.