Camping in Walnut Shade

101 Reviews of 8 Walnut Shade, Tennessee Campgrounds

Hope G.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Terrible

We got there late for a primitive site and all the sudden the mgr and police show up mind u the mgr passed us 3 times instead of stopping as a professional mgr should he calls police and tells me the website does not state primitive lol. It was cluttered loud and tacky.

Siteprimitive tent
Month of VisitOctober
Annette A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Great place to camp, go swimming and kayaking.

This is a great campground. We love it here. We’ve been here three times now and will keep coming back. The staff is friendly and engaging.

SiteSite number 5
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Friendly Marina & Campground

This campground is great for larger groups, as they allow multiple tents/campers per site. Most campsites overlook the lake and have a lovely view of sunset. Only complaint is the amount of trash we picked up upon arrival. The beach access was virtually unusable due to trash everywhere, but we…

Katie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Serene and much to explore

I love staying here. After full-timing since October, this is the first place we have come back to. The park is so clean, has many trails and you have pretty big spaces available to camp.

Only downfall is that we didn’t have sewer hookup, but that

• Play button icon
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Very pleased

This is a beautiful campground. I really liked that sites were not too close together. Fair warning there is no cell service.

r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

One of my favorites

One of my favorite campgrounds when I’m in the mood for hiking

Lorrie R.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Beautiful spot

Large sites and the facilities were well maintained.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Okay area

The sites are pretty close together but it does indeed live up to the resort part in the name. You can purchase WiFi access. There’s a pool, cabin, golf course. It’s also a horse camp with several miles of trails.

Site0-2
Dan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Local favorite

Close to town and accessible. Great nature center, trails, and even a small cave for spelunking. Clean sites and friendly staff.

Sitearea 2 site 65
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9
E
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Absolutely Beautiful

We had a full hook up site in Area 3. The sites were very roomy in our area. The sites were very well maintained and so were the restrooms. It was a rainy weekend, but we were able to get a hike in and enjoy the beauty of this park.

• Enjoying a break from the rain.
M
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Off the beaten path

I stayed here three nights in my RV. Also, this was my first ever camping trip in my RV or any RV.

As others have said, no cell for the most part. I have Verizon and I was able to send and receive messages for the most part.

The bathrooms and showers were clean, as well as the entire area.…

Marshall P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2021

A great campground for visiting Mammoth Cave and excellent facilities

We spent two nights at this campground and really enjoyed it.

When we arrived, we were met by the lady working the registration desk and check in was very easy.

Temperature had been below freezing for several days so water was off at the sites but they had a hose to fill tanks at…

Month of VisitJanuary