Yurts
Equestrian
About Fall Creek Falls State Park

All 26,000 acres of Fall Creek Falls State Park contain some of Tennessee’s most rugged beauty. Sharing its moniker with the waterfall of the same name, numerous other falls can also be found cascading through the park including Cane Creek, Piney, and Virgin Falls. Hike through the Cumberland Plateau and enjoy exploring 56 miles of trails in the park, countless natural caves, and even an 18-hole golf course!

Looking to rough it? You’re in luck. A strenuous four mile hike brings you to Virgin Falls, featuring 9 primitive campsites below the falls for the more adventurous camper.

For those seeking a less demanding camping experience, look no further. With over 220 campsites, camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park is a breeze and provides every luxury you could ask for. All sites come equipped with grills, water, tables, fire rings, and access to numerous bathhouses. Almost half of the sites have sewer connection and some will accommodate RVs up to 65 feet in length. Satisfy your every need at Fall Creek Falls!

Price
$8.00 - $32.00
Hike In
Fall Creek Falls State Park is located in Tennessee
71 Reviews of Fall Creek Falls State Park
Immaculate!

Couldn't have been any better. One of the best sites I've been to. Made our anniversary weekend that much more enjoyable.

Ranger Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit at Fall Creek Falls State Park

Campground Review: Fall Creek Falls State Park is located in Spencer, TN. This is one of the best state parks I’ve been to- gorgeous waterfalls, miles of hiking trails, a great lake for kayaking, and multiple swimming holes are just a few of the offerings. We stayed in the B section, sites B50 and B51. Each site can accommodate at least 2 tents and 1 RV. Sites come equipped with electric hookups, fire rings, and water. The campsites are full of trees perfect for attaching hammocks and enjoying the shade. There are bathhouses with showers and toilets(some of the cleanest I’ve ever seen at a campground) located throughout each campground area, so all of the sites are close to a bathroom. The camp check-in office sells ice and firewood, but unfortunately the firewood they sold us was wet and we had a hard time getting a fire going. That was really the only negative experience we had- everything else was wonderful. There are far too many activities to try in one weekend, so we chose to hike the trail down to the base of Fall Creek Falls(the main waterfall). This hike was a little more intense than I was expecting, but it was beautiful- I’ve included pictures with the review. Warning- it’s very slippery, especially while being pulled by a very excited puppy! We also went to George Hole, a fantastic swimming hole right by the camping area. The water was pretty cold while we were there, but if you visit later in the summer I’m sure it would be perfect. Other highlights of our trip were kayaking at the lake, where you can rent canoes or kayaks or use your own($5 fee), and the awesome but scary swing bridge behind the nature center. I absolutely recommend visiting and camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park!

Gear Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, I sometimes get gear to review on my camping trips. For this trip, I reviewed the Grub Stick Deluxe Kit. The kit comes with 2 Handles, 2 Forks, 1 Grubcage, 1 Burgcage, 1 Grubtube, 1 Grubpocket, Silicone Trivet, Release Tool, Bacon Clip, Grabber, and a really nice bag. I like that the kit comes with 2 handles, as it allows both my husband and I to cook at the same time. We cooked several meals- hot dogs on the forks, bell peppers in the grubcage, pinapple rings in the burgcage, marshmallows on the forks, s’mores in the grubcage, crescent roll dough on both the grubpocket and the grubtube (which we filled with pie filling), and our favorite, barbecue tempeh in the burgcage. For those unfamiliar, tempeh is a fermented soybean patty that you can marinate and cook using countless methods. I steamed the tempeh for 10 minutes at home before our trip, and put it in a ziplock bag with barbecue sauce(homemade or store bought- whichever you prefer). We then cooked it over the fire using the burgcage for about 5 minutes on each side and it was absolutely delicious! Our other favorites were the pineapple rings and the bell peppers. Cooking the whole s’more, which Grub Stick has demonstrated on their Instagram, didn’t work out so well- the cracker burned, the chocolate melted everywhere, and the marshmallow didn’t roast. I recommend using the fork attachment to roast marshmallows the old fashion way. The only negative experience we had was with the burgcage- after a few uses the clasp where the cage closes became too loose, and we sadly lost a pineapple ring. I tried to squeeze it tight again with the gripper, but I think it will require pliers. We love our Grub Stick and definitely recommend it. It’s super lightweight and portable. I look forward to using it on future campouts!

Great Park With a Really Nice Campground

We totally just stumbled upon this park, and we are so glad we did. We came to the area to visit Rock Island SP, but their campground was full, so we looked for the next closest option. The park itself is beautiful, and the campground was really nice. They have multiple campgrounds. We stayed in B at site 78 and loved that it was on the backside with no one behind us. The sites were large with nice fire rings and picnic tables. The bathrooms and showers were clean and well-maintained. We would definitely camp here again.

Fall creek falls

Beautiful state park with 200+ sites. Most are just electric, and water. Plenty of bike riding, and hiking trails. Some sites are somewhat close together. They have a pool, snackbar, giftshop, and little store for your basic needs. Be sure to bring enough to eat, the closest Walmart is 45 minutes away.

Family Favorite

We celebrated Father’s Day at this beautiful park, which has been a favorite spot for years. This was our first time camping with our motor home and we were not disappointed. Large, shaded sites with daily visits from the deer. Great hiking, playgrounds, pool, something for everyone! Friendly staff, very clean.

State Park, so older and smaller sites

Beautiful park.  sites can be a little tight but there’s room.  Deer in the campground, falls are beautiful!

Excellent

This is my favorite place to camp! There is so much to do and this is the only place my wife and kids want to go. I would most definitely recommend it.

Very nice state park campground

Fall Creek Falls is a very nice state park in middle Tennessee.  It’s also very popular so plan on getting reservations early.  Lots of activities - hiking, biking, golf, lake….  One item of note is that the Inn is being rebuilt and is not open.  The restaurant was in the Inn, but I don’t think many campers ate there anyway.

Clean / slightly unlevel site

Camp Ground B again…site 101. Cool site! Large site! Getting this one again! Close to bathhouse also.

Clean and perfect!

Campground B. The site we had was level and clean. Across from the bathhouse. Always lots of people here but it doesn't matter. Beautiful area and plenty to do.