Center Hill Lake, TENNESSEE

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Center Hill Lake Camping Reviews
Words will not help

You have to experience it your self

Hidden gem

My wife and I camped here on February 15 2020. Super easy check in. We traveled in a 29' motorhome. We stayed in section 1, site 22. It was right beside the shower house. It was a pull through site, but it was a little tight. To my surprise I opened the electric pedestal, and there was only 50 amp service. I'm set up for 30 amp, so I had to use an adapter. Keep in mind, while making reservations, section 1 has very small, cramped together sites.
We took a walk around section 2, and section 3. There was a lot more room, and seemed a little more private. I would recommend them over section 1. Wood was available for purchase in small bundles for $6 each cash only. I was actually surprised by how many people were camping in February. I would suggest reserving your spot a bit in advance. We look forward to returning.

Exceptional camping!

Did some winter camping few weeks ago. Love this park! It's a must visit.

Expected more

Stayed here over the new year. Very wooded and LOTS of trees. Would be nice in summer time. Had one of the nicest sites that backed up to a creek that feeds a big pond. Sewer at every site. No picnic tables but did have fire ring. Pool was closed for the season, it was small, but looked nice. No playground, had a basketball court but both backboards were shattered. Had volleyball but net was ripped down. Did have horse shoes. The only reason I’m giving three stars and not two is because the site was nice and had a peaceful creek running behind it.

Good base camp

Center Hill Campground is a good basic Corp of Engineer created area. You have your sites, your facilities and a playground. There’s also a boatramp. If you like fishing this would work well and if your just wanting to chill at your camper, otherwise some driving will be involved in your adventures.

Sorta like a treehouse

Edgar Evins SP is unique in that the campground sites are decks, which is actually pretty cool. Now the one down side is that certain sites can be a challenge to back into. If you are a talented backer upper shouldn’t be an issue. However if your backing up could use some practice, and/or causes fights with your spouse you may want to call and ask the easier sites to set up in…just saying, less stress. The bottom sites are along the lake and you are across from the marina. Another thing is your cooking area is off the side of your deck with your picnic table. The primitive sites are walk in and have some pretty sweet views of the lake. Downside your walking up and down a slope with your gear. Speaking of slopes, the whole campground is on a slope so your pretty much either going up or down. Cool stairways to use and strategically placed facilities. The store and trash are located wheee you park for the primitive sites at the entrance. There’s a trail in the campground that gives you a quick route to the beach area.

Much to discover

Every time I come back to Grundy Forest I discover somewhere new. Quiet smaller campground right next to Foster Falls Trailhead. After you enjoy that hike make sure you check out Denny Cove further down Rt41. Denny Falls is a moderate hike along a rock face popular with climbers. Monteagle, Tn is nearby and has several awesome restaurants and store to check out.

Beautiful and secluded

Great place to go camping! Chris is very helpful, friendly and willing to show you around upon arriving. You will also be introduced to all his great dogs. After that you won’t be bothered unless you need help. Very beautiful wooded area with tons of privacy and plenty of room for everyone. There’s about 40 acres to walk around with an amazing river to walk along. I would highly recommended this place to anyone that doesn’t mind camping without amenities other then what you can bring for yourself.

Five Star Campers Paradise

If you are considering this site, just go book it now! Our absolute favorite camp site! We visited this paradise for my fiancé’s best friends wedding. They got married at the base of Cummins Falls just across the street. The park rangers and general store staff were the nicest people to work with while arranging their big day. We had two tent sites ($20 a night) and the brides parents had a cabin ($79 a night). The restrooms/showers were immaculate. Showers are set to a timer for lights and have a small area for your things. Bathrooms are also opened by a door code which you get when you purchase a site. They have a playground, and even ice cream in the general store! Camp sites are roomy, with a table and fire pit. We had spots 26&27 and couldn’t have been happier! The parents cabin was adorable and spacious, with a nice grill and fire pit out front. They even had chairs and lights. This location is beautiful and just a short drive from town. Definitely make time while staying here to hike Cummins Falls, it’s worth every second. If we could give this site twenty stars we would! Will definitely be returning!

Loved our stay

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Bledsoe Creek State Park! Campground was very clean. Plenty of spaces between sites. State park officers were very friendly. We will definitely return again!