Center Hill Lake, TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Center Hill Lake
Most Recent Center Hill Lake Camping Reviews
Ranger Review: Banner & Oak lifestraw water bottle at Stone Door Campsite

Campsite: Stone Door review

This campsite is great for novice primitive campers. The campsites are secluded, but very close to the parking lot. There is an outhouse and drinking water close to the campsites. Each site has a fire ring and plenty of space.

There is a parking lot for overnight campers/hikers. There is also a lovely pavilion with grills for day hikers. This site is obviously close to stone door and Laurel Falls. You can also hike over to Ranger Falls on the Big Creek Gulf Trail. I did the Big Creek Rim trail. It was relatively flat, but had some beautiful overlooks. A great campsite with easy accessibility to great trails. Book ahead of time as campsites fill up quickly on weekends!

Product review: Banner & Oak lifestraw water bottle

As a ranger, I get to test products occasionally. I took the Banner & Oak lifestraw water bottle hiking with me. It very easy to use. You follow the instructions for first use, and then you can fill the bottle with any water source. I think it works because I did not get sick! The most difficult part is storage. You have to follow the directions for proper storage of the bottle. You have to properly dry the filter before storage. I liked it more than drops I have used in the past. Pretty awesome that the purchase of this bottle gets a child clean water for a year!

Great overnight

Large level sites with some privacy. Bathrooms were super clean. Was able to get groceries and all I needed just 10 mins away

Excellent stay.

Owners were cordial and accommodating to our specific need. They rolled out the Red Carpet. Really. A Red Carpet was rolled out as we approached the Registration area. WiFi and Cable TV were outstanding. Strongly recommend.

Tent camping at it's finest!

We camped here in September and this campsite is one of the nicest and friendliest sites we've camped at. The General Store was wonderful!

Nice place to go

The campgrounds are okay at the park . There was not much of water . The park is nice park , the trails are nice here . The staff are friendly and helpful here.

Tried it again.

If you weren't aware, the fall is the perfect time to camp. Which means almost every recreation.gov campsite is full to the brim.

We tried this location again (after having a negative experience with their staff) and have some more concrete thoughts.

If you're loading in for tent camping, this cap.has some great views, up in the 70-100s, be sure to check elevation on the map. The pictures don't show you how difficult to access.

Spots 104-118 are up a horrific incline, not suitable for small RVs or trailers. There's also no lights here.

The main bathrooms near the front are pretty nice, but bring flops flops and expect it to be a tad gross on the floor. There was excrement in the large handicapped shower.

There's a fish cleaning station just past the main bathrooms and dumpsters, perfect if you bring your boat too.

The front lake spots are nice, but no shade. Be sure you have a 10x10 canopy or RV awning.

Overall the campground is built around the lake, but incredibly tight, hard to navigate (especially at night) and unless you're a pro, know to look at your spaces/map and calculate your turn radius and which spots you can back into, don't go if you have a truck + trailer over 17' or a large 5th wheel.

While nice scenery, the difficulty to navigate, small roads labeled two way (impassable if another vehicle approaching) make this ok-maintained came a poorly-accesible 3 stars.

Lots of Fun!

I love the water falls and hiking in the area. Beautiful landscape makes this a great place to spend the weekend.

Good site

Full hook-ups, plenty of trees for shade, laundry, showers and toilets. No frills. They have a pool and a pavilion with live music every once in a while. Pull though and back in sites. Pet friendly. Owners seem to stick to their guns when enforcing the campsite rules.

Mountain Festival

A group of friends met here for the Mountain Festival. In addition to an awesome time checking out food and craft venders there are some awesome trails and overlooks. There are several campgrounds to pick from. We were in D which is best for small campers and tents. Some of these sites are really close together, others have a lot of space to set up. There is a nice group camp site in the trees and some secluded sites on the back loop. The showerhouse is a little old but functional. Fall Creek Falls is going through renovations and they have some new areas already opened for your enjoyment. Zip lines, a nice swimming pool, an amphitheater, swing bridges, awesome waterfall overlooks and some strenuous climbs that are worth the journey.

Nice campground!

The tent sites were really nice. I love how close you are to the water. It also includes two swim areas which is nice. Bathrooms are good in campground standards! The hiking trail is ok. Canoe the Caney is a few minute drive from the campground which is great if you like canoeing. We really enjoyed it!

Great campers, horrible staff

BEYOND RUDE, INDECENT HUMAN WORKS HERE.

My partner works maintenance/HVAC and had an emergency, requiring us to break camp, leaving at 1am, returning at 6am. We had to 7-point turn, moving the picnic table and lantern stand to simply back out way out. At 8am someone banged on our door beyond hard enough 7-10times.

With only two hours of sleep, I open our door only to find a cantankerous old man be who immediately began to bitch us out (no conversation, no listening nor explanation) or empathy or even basic human respect for parking in another campsite (which we also have a permit for, as we reserved two for friends arriving later. He instructed us to move it, without asking if we had a permit. He returned an hour and a half later and threatened to tow our vehicle, ban us from camp and call the ranger to come ticket us. I could barely interrupt him to assert we were the other party and had a permit for twice as many vehicles, and our vehicle was registered for that spot.

Whether you have only 2 hours of sleep and your door beaten on or not, this old.mans behavior is unacceptable.

Come to find out, he drove round the night before antagonizing guests nearby unloading caping gear from their boats, and was simply downright nasty.

Unacceptable behavior from any human. Our first time here and also our last. As a differentially-enabled person on the autism spectrum, this was horrific. There are no words to justify this man's behavior to us and other guests. Even if kindness and respect aren't this thing, his inability to actually do his job and check permits before harassing campers is unacceptable. We'll never camp at this place again.

Beautiful!

The parking decks overlooking the water was really neat! Clean bathrooms/showers. Just spent one night there in our way somewhere else. Made a memory that is still talked about though!

Peaceful place

These spots were roomy and well maintained.  The museum was very interesting, we learned several new things and our boys earned their Jr Ranger badges. The walk around the mounds were a bit long, however, it was so peaceful. We had several deer cross our path and many of the simply stopped to watch us. We got several pictures of them. The rangers told us that at the end of this season they will be building new shower facilities. We plan on putting this park on our list of future stops!

Great state park

We visited this state park in our 40 foot motorhome. While there are only a few spots that will accommodate a rig this large, it’s worth the time to haunt the reservation system and snag one. The road to the park is winding but we had no issues. Nice big sites with picnic area and fire ring. Onsite camp hosts that are accommodating and friendly. The hike to the water falls was gorgeous and just sitting outside was worth the trip. Close to Cumberland Caverns where we enjoyed a concert in the cavern. We will definitely go back!!

Great state park

Passing through with a UHaul

Stopped off during a road trip/move. Had a nice big open site, felt very private. Lots of wooded spaces. I want to say we had a site near a trail that took you to a water overlook. Easy check-in, friendly staff. Arriving late was no issue.

Quite Simply My Favorite Place I Have EVER stayed!!!

This is literally my favorite place I have ever stayed anywhere in the world! I’ve done my fair share of camping and traveling and I have yet to find anywhere I would rather stay! The attention to detail in the cabin/treehouse and greenhouse bathroom is like nothing I’ve ever seen! Everything from the books/games on the shelves, artwork on the wall to the Jack Daniels barrel vanity in the bathroom is thought out and perfect for this place. The owners/builders Mitch and Lori were absolutely amazing to work with and made sure we had everything we could ever want and more available to us on the property. This is such a peaceful place to get away and perfect for those who aren’t a big fan of your typical camping experience of “roughing it.” My wife and I already have our next visit scheduled! Do yourselves a favor and book your trip to this property ASAP! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Perfect for Families

Nestled on top of the TN Plateau lots of playground areas with picnic set ups. There many trails you can hike or bike. Kayak rentals and a very nice swimming pool with kiddie pool and snack bar. They have a camp store with an Aviary beside it. Worth the trip!

Family Reunion

Love this place. We come here every year for our family reunion. So much to do.

Beautiful sceneries with waterfalls

I visited this place and was amazed by all the waterfalls and scenery. The waterfalls were huge and beautiful. The park itself is really nice also.

Really nice getaway very peaceful and quiet

Love visiting this place lots of trails and hikes nature area waterfalls very good place for family and gets to visit

Really nice peaceful place

ReallyReally nice peaceful place to stay hike camp and also play area next to Creek

This has been one of the best camp grounds I've been to, very private and p

Very clean, quiet and peaceful. I felt like we had plenty of privacy. Bathrooms and showers were cleaner than walmart. Very well maintained. Hiking was amazing the trails very well doable and fun. Most of all the waterfalls and the crystal clear water was amazing, all our kids loved it and had a great experience.

Nice park

Was only here for a night hammock camping reviewing some products. The park had just had sever storms and several sites closed from downed trees. Shower house is in middle of campground so if you are in outer loop you have drive around and into the middle and then drive back around. Several spots that were nice some with direct water acces and others tucked into the hill.

Amazing hideaway

It’s quite on private land small campground, the beach is tiny kind of secluded, bath house is near, it’s definitely in the woods, mountain biking is amazin

What beauty exists

Such a beautiful park. Spacious sites. Lots of area to roam. Wildlife abundant. Hiking trails. Scenic drives. Lake sports. We will come back.

Love this place.

Very shaded and quiet. Nice store with anything you need. One of my favorite places to go.

Decent

About the only good thing was the view. We had a tent site next to the lake. It was close to the pool so was very noisy. The bathroom near the pool is a unisex two stall very revealing so I often walked to the main bathroom up near the restaurant. Used the shower in the hot tun room was nice but very busy. The first night there was a bunch of girls in the pool and screaming at 4:30am which woke us up. The second morning at 7am the neighboring property was being weedeated. Most likely will not be back even though t is close to our home.

Primitive Camping At Its Best

I camped at Hammock Sway on Friday night, August 9, 2019. According to the camp owner and host Chris, the camp was one year and ten days old the night I visited. This is a primitive camping experience in the pristine woods of Van Buren County, TN about 20 miles(30 minutes) outside of McMinnville, Tennessee. The campground borders the beautiful Rocky River. The camp is a work in progress, but I’m so glad that I was one of those who found it in its infancy. The campsite I chose is buried in a pine forest. Though I was only 30 minutes away from a large town, I felt like I was a million miles away. I enjoyed watching the moon rise through the pines and catching glimpses of the stars through the treetops. This place is beautiful! Chris is a welcoming and helpful host. When I arrived he greeted me with a smile and handshake. I asked him to hop in my SUV, and he gave me the driving tour of Hammock Sway. He showed me each campsite, described why he had chosen it, and then invited me to choose the one in which I felt most comfortable. The site I chose already has a tent setup and is available for campers to use if needed. The site had a rock fire ring and there was plenty of wood to be gathered and used for a campfire. At the moment, all the sites are primitive, which for me, is exactly how I like to camp. Even if every campsite was filled, I doubt you would be able to hear or see anyone else. This is definitely the place to get away from it all. There’s very little cell service, so you will need to make your phone calls before arriving. You will also want to grab all of your supplies before arriving too(this place is out there.) I did struggle to find the campsite since Rocky River Road wasn’t marked with a road sign, but I use paper maps(Lewis and Clark style), so this might not be an issue for someone with GPS in their car or on their phone. Chris responded promptly to text messages, and he helped me find my way in. At the moment, I would only drive a truck or SUV to this camp. You will need the clearance on some of the roads if you want to drive right up to the campsite, and a car might not work at the moment.  You could always park your car and carry your supplies to the campsite if you're okay with that. There’s room for RVs too if that’s your thing. Overall, this is one of those places that I would go back to over and over again. The price is right and the place is perfect. I look forward to watching this camp grow.

Love the quiet

I love the quiet campgrounds and hate close neighbors. This campground doesn't disappoint! All sites are secluded and leave you to your thoughts. It by no means is a fancy campground but well maintained and decent accessibility dont let the map fool you thinking you are near a town. You wont regret it here.