About Rock Island State Park

Hike In
Rock Island State Park is located in Center Hill Lake in Tennessee
23 Reviews of Rock Island State Park
Great state park

We visited this state park in our 40 foot motorhome. While there are only a few spots that will accommodate a rig this large, it’s worth the time to haunt the reservation system and snag one. The road to the park is winding but we had no issues. Nice big sites with picnic area and fire ring. Onsite camp hosts that are accommodating and friendly. The hike to the water falls was gorgeous and just sitting outside was worth the trip. Close to Cumberland Caverns where we enjoyed a concert in the cavern. We will definitely go back!!

Great state park

Beautiful sceneries with waterfalls

I visited this place and was amazed by all the waterfalls and scenery. The waterfalls were huge and beautiful. The park itself is really nice also.

Beautiful setting

This is our first trip (it won’t be our last) to Rock Island State Park. We are very fortunate to have a campsite with full shade. From what I can tell most of the sites are partial shade. It’s 90• and muggy but we haven’t needed our AC at all. We’ve actually gotten a little cool during the night. The park is very quiet. I love that the sites have a good amount of space between them. They all appear to be fairly level too. Some of the sites have a step down to get to the grill, fire pit & picnic table. Because of that it limits the space you have to sit under your awning. So I would look @ the pictures of the individual sites carefully before picking one, if that’s important to you. The bathhouse is very clean & the showers have plenty of hot water. McMinnvile is only a 15 drive if you want groceries or If you’d like to go out to eat. Although there is a nice store with a good little restaurant just outside the park. My husband & I ate there once & it was very good. They have a menu with the usual stuff on it as well as a meat & 3. There is a lot to see here. And old textile mill, waterfalls & an old pump house that was used for the small town of Rock Island as well as for the textile mill in case of fire. My husband & I highly recommend this park…..just don’t get our spot ;)

Great Falls

This is a small State Park and campground area in the lower part of middle Tennessee, but if you like to see some great waterfalls and a some history on this part of Tennessee you will not be disappointed.

Just make sure you have all your supplies before you get there, it is a remote area with no big cities with 50 miles.

Crammed Together

We drove through here scouting out camping spots while we were staying at the cabins. I was disappointed in the campground considering all of the other state parks that are close by. The sites are very crammed together and not very level. We have a tiny pop up camper and I think there was only a handful of sites that we would even consider. With that being said, the area is beautiful with lots of hiking near by. If you are just looking for a place to pitch a tent, this place could be alright. We typically don’t stay in cabins, but we did for this particular trip. I do have to say that Rock Island has some of the best I have ever seen! We also recommend Foglight Foodhouse for dinner. It was amazing!

Super quiet but close sites

Very quiet and small state park with so-so level pads. The sites are very close together. Very. Great for families with multiple campers.

Multiple use area.

Excellent campground for campers, pop ups, tent and cabins. Water and electricity on each site. Well maintained, camp steward on site. Clean restroom and bathhouse w/hot water. Plenty of pavement for kids to ride bikes as well as playgrounds and volleyball court. Swimming and fishing area minutes away. Pavillion and playground with multiple picnic areas. Several hiking biking trails. Excellent roads for biking also. A definite go back to.

A hidden TN gem

This campground is one of my favorites in the entire east & middle TN area! It's a great state park with all the amenities, where you can bring the camper and the whole family to relax. It's always quiet and full of very nice people, and I've never had any animal problems there. There's access to a great area for kayaking and swimming as well!

Adventurous fun

This campground was a great place to explore the gorge and twin falls was a great trail to explore. It is a bit of a more experience hike through the gorge