Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

Most Recent Murfreesboro Camping Reviews
Great overnight

Large level sites with some privacy. Bathrooms were super clean. Was able to get groceries and all I needed just 10 mins away

Tried it again.

If you weren't aware, the fall is the perfect time to camp. Which means almost every recreation.gov campsite is full to the brim.

We tried this location again (after having a negative experience with their staff) and have some more concrete thoughts.

If you're loading in for tent camping, this cap.has some great views, up in the 70-100s, be sure to check elevation on the map. The pictures don't show you how difficult to access.

Spots 104-118 are up a horrific incline, not suitable for small RVs or trailers. There's also no lights here.

The main bathrooms near the front are pretty nice, but bring flops flops and expect it to be a tad gross on the floor. There was excrement in the large handicapped shower.

There's a fish cleaning station just past the main bathrooms and dumpsters, perfect if you bring your boat too.

The front lake spots are nice, but no shade. Be sure you have a 10x10 canopy or RV awning.

Overall the campground is built around the lake, but incredibly tight, hard to navigate (especially at night) and unless you're a pro, know to look at your spaces/map and calculate your turn radius and which spots you can back into, don't go if you have a truck + trailer over 17' or a large 5th wheel.

While nice scenery, the difficulty to navigate, small roads labeled two way (impassable if another vehicle approaching) make this ok-maintained came a poorly-accesible 3 stars.

Great resort campground

Loved it here, staff was friendly, sites were beautiful, facilities were very clean and couldn’t find anything wrong.
Only issue was the campstore was lacking in some of the basics, no burger or hot dog rolls, no eggs, etc…

“Customer service is not lost!”

I' m happy to say this is a family business who still understands the value of the customer experience. This is a great location(right off I-65) to explore all the Nashville area has to offer with convenience to downtown Nashville, the historic Franklin, TN community, and many other attractions…and if self exploring is not your thing the campground offers tour opportunities galore. The campground offers all the amenities you would expect in a commercial campground: very clean bathhouses, propane, convenience store, level spaces, full hook ups, wi-fi, escort to the site plus several things that weren't unexpected: restaurant dining, live free(good) entertainment nightly and some of the most pleasant staff we have encountered. The spaces are close together; however this seemed to be part of the character of the park…the pleasantries seemed to spread from the staff through the other RV'ers.

Lots of Fun!

I love the water falls and hiking in the area. Beautiful landscape makes this a great place to spend the weekend.

Relax

I love this campground and at least stay a weekend every time I’m in TN. I love how close to the city it is and the warm water.

Basic

Bells Bend Park is close to the city but nature all around. Farmland with spots of woodland.

Primitive camping , in the trees on a hill. Group only. There are some tables and some fire rings. But the sky is immense.

The park offers a lot of programs to base your camping around. The trails are through farmland and bike friendly.

Good site

Full hook-ups, plenty of trees for shade, laundry, showers and toilets. No frills. They have a pool and a pavilion with live music every once in a while. Pull though and back in sites. Pet friendly. Owners seem to stick to their guns when enforcing the campsite rules.

Nice campground!

The tent sites were really nice. I love how close you are to the water. It also includes two swim areas which is nice. Bathrooms are good in campground standards! The hiking trail is ok. Canoe the Caney is a few minute drive from the campground which is great if you like canoeing. We really enjoyed it!

Great camp ground

Stop there when we go to Nashville.

Great campers, horrible staff

BEYOND RUDE, INDECENT HUMAN WORKS HERE.

My partner works maintenance/HVAC and had an emergency, requiring us to break camp, leaving at 1am, returning at 6am. We had to 7-point turn, moving the picnic table and lantern stand to simply back out way out. At 8am someone banged on our door beyond hard enough 7-10times.

With only two hours of sleep, I open our door only to find a cantankerous old man be who immediately began to bitch us out (no conversation, no listening nor explanation) or empathy or even basic human respect for parking in another campsite (which we also have a permit for, as we reserved two for friends arriving later. He instructed us to move it, without asking if we had a permit. He returned an hour and a half later and threatened to tow our vehicle, ban us from camp and call the ranger to come ticket us. I could barely interrupt him to assert we were the other party and had a permit for twice as many vehicles, and our vehicle was registered for that spot.

Whether you have only 2 hours of sleep and your door beaten on or not, this old.mans behavior is unacceptable.

Come to find out, he drove round the night before antagonizing guests nearby unloading caping gear from their boats, and was simply downright nasty.

Unacceptable behavior from any human. Our first time here and also our last. As a differentially-enabled person on the autism spectrum, this was horrific. There are no words to justify this man's behavior to us and other guests. Even if kindness and respect aren't this thing, his inability to actually do his job and check permits before harassing campers is unacceptable. We'll never camp at this place again.

Beautiful!

The parking decks overlooking the water was really neat! Clean bathrooms/showers. Just spent one night there in our way somewhere else. Made a memory that is still talked about though!

Beginner friendly!

The backcountry campsites are just a short trek from the camp store, the hike itself follows the river. We only saw one other couple and no one else was staying at the second site so it was such a secluded weekend! Definitely recommend for quick overnight trips!

Peaceful place

These spots were roomy and well maintained.  The museum was very interesting, we learned several new things and our boys earned their Jr Ranger badges. The walk around the mounds were a bit long, however, it was so peaceful. We had several deer cross our path and many of the simply stopped to watch us. We got several pictures of them. The rangers told us that at the end of this season they will be building new shower facilities. We plan on putting this park on our list of future stops!

Great state park

We visited this state park in our 40 foot motorhome. While there are only a few spots that will accommodate a rig this large, it’s worth the time to haunt the reservation system and snag one. The road to the park is winding but we had no issues. Nice big sites with picnic area and fire ring. Onsite camp hosts that are accommodating and friendly. The hike to the water falls was gorgeous and just sitting outside was worth the trip. Close to Cumberland Caverns where we enjoyed a concert in the cavern. We will definitely go back!!

Great state park

Weekending

For several months while living in TN, we spent almost every weekend at Henry Horton State Park. It’s not quite an hour from Nashville. We always got a primitive site, shady site. I was never disappointed by any of our sites and never felt cramped or too close to other campers.

HH has RV sites, cabins, “hammock sites,” and a large group site. They also have a camp store, firewood, and restrooms. Rates are pretty standard. Backcountry primitive hike-in sites are $8.

Interactive heritage festivals and other activities frequently came to the center across the street. I don’t really recall if this is part of the park or not.

Beautiful sceneries with waterfalls

I visited this place and was amazed by all the waterfalls and scenery. The waterfalls were huge and beautiful. The park itself is really nice also.

Campground is peaceful

Campground is peaceful really good area next to the duck River no electric or water unless you have a camper the state park is across the street what the millions and play areas for the kids with a hotel restaurant in ground pool

This has been one of the best camp grounds I've been to, very private and p

Very clean, quiet and peaceful. I felt like we had plenty of privacy. Bathrooms and showers were cleaner than walmart. Very well maintained. Hiking was amazing the trails very well doable and fun. Most of all the waterfalls and the crystal clear water was amazing, all our kids loved it and had a great experience.

Eh...

This campground is adequate for close proximity to Nashville while still in the wilderness. I highly suggest a campsite on the water side. The ones across the street are pretty wooded and not ideal for tent camping. The site I was given was awkwardly sloped and the small areas for tents were quite overgrown. I arrived at the site after hours and it was trashed so I set up my tent in the parking area until am. I had to wait around until they opened at 10 to ask about changing the site. The woman who works there is very kind and has great recommendations but the man had an attitude about my compliant and his responsibility to go clean it. He did clean it but was not happy about it. My neighbors also ran their very loud generator all night which I realize is not the campground’s fault, but there was a truck that drove the loop all night for security who did nothing about this. When I inquired the next day, they said they’d talk to them but the next night was no different. Not sure what that truck’s job was. On the bright side, the lake is beautiful and the bathrooms are clean. It served its purpose but I cannot recommend. I think this place is just meant for RV camping.

Nice park

Was only here for a night hammock camping reviewing some products. The park had just had sever storms and several sites closed from downed trees. Shower house is in middle of campground so if you are in outer loop you have drive around and into the middle and then drive back around. Several spots that were nice some with direct water acces and others tucked into the hill.

Amazing hideaway

It’s quite on private land small campground, the beach is tiny kind of secluded, bath house is near, it’s definitely in the woods, mountain biking is amazin

Fun, clean, quiet

This campground was very convenient for those visiting the Nashville area, its just off the highway and they offer shuttles for a fee to downtown and opryland. The check in process was quick and simple, the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Our campsite was easy to find and very clean. The shower house was one of the best I've seen mostly because it is air conditioned. The showers are all very private and clean with plenty of room. The waterpark is just steps away, I would suggest not eating food within the park it is over priced and not very tasty, go to the marina restaurant or eat at your campsite. They have a dog park to exercise your dogs and you can't beat the views. I would recommend this campground.

Love the quiet

I love the quiet campgrounds and hate close neighbors. This campground doesn't disappoint! All sites are secluded and leave you to your thoughts. It by no means is a fancy campground but well maintained and decent accessibility dont let the map fool you thinking you are near a town. You wont regret it here.

Great location!

Wonderful camping trip with the husband and friends even the pups enjoyed their trip! Had a blast kayaking the river too! Extremely clean and updated bathhouse!

Breathtaking Views

You cant beat the views at this campground. Several of the sites are right along the water. There is hiking which we didn't do, also a couple places to swim. One of my biggest issues with this campground is the signage, there arent any signs leading you to where the campground is, also the camp site numbers themselves are impossible to see in the dark as they are labeled on the electric posts in black, I had to get out of the vehicle and walk the campground to find our site. Also wish there was a small store or at the very least ice available to purchase. All of this can be purchased at the marina store but it is quite the trek to get there. The sites are also extremely close together. Swimming areas were nice, the campground was clean, restrooms were clean, but far from most camp sites, you need to drive to them. They need another restroom/bath house.

Nashville KOA is a great place to stay when visiting the Music City.

The campground has a variety of sites from deluxe paved pull through with patios to back-in full hookups to tent sites. We stayed in the back-in sites side of the campground. The sites were close together(but not on-top of each other) and many were long enough to handle most average sized rigs. These sites were gravel with grass between, which was well maintained. 50& 30 amp service available. Very flat with minimal leveling needed. The wifi was spotty when the campground was full on the weekends.

The bathhouses have individual shower access with separate toilet facilities. These were clean and well maintained. The entire campground was very well maintained and landscaped beautifully, which created a welcoming feeling.

There are numerous amenities: pool, hot tub, playground, pickle ball, corn hole, etc. Live music is offered at the pool area a couple nights a week in addition to movies. The camp store is small, with limited selection, but it is attached to a nice size indoor rec room and restaurant/snack bar. A Camping World Store is also right next door to the campground, which is very convenient.

A shuttle service is offered daily from 10:00AM-1:30AM between the KOA and downtown Nashville at the Country Music Hall of Fame. The cost is$10 round trip per person. The staff were very friendly and willing to help with any issues and questions. We enjoyed our stay and found the price($68) reasonable for the great location and amenities offered.

Quite private

Has nice space between sites, with great views.

Great Place To See The Stars

Most campgrounds in Tennessee are buried in the woods, but not this yurt campsite at Ray of Hope.  The yurt sets on the side of a beautiful Tennessee Hill offering almost a complete view of the nighttime sky.  We watched the moon rise over a hill directly in front of the campsite, and we even saw a brilliant shooting star blaze across the sky for what seems like an eternity.  The Ray of Hope campground is a private campground that went above and beyond our expectations.  The yurt was clean, included battery powered lights and a LED lantern, and a full sized bed that made the night pass with ease.  The campsite also offers free firewood and a large fire ring.  There are two deck chairs at the campsite which are perfect for stargazing.  The entrance of the yurt faces sunrise and the farm animals serenade you in the morning when the mist begins to burn off the valley.  There is a well stocked outside shower surrounded by sweet smelling herbs.  Water and a toilet are near the shower stall.   The campsite is near the small town of Petersburg, TN where you can find two gas stations and a Dollar Store.  If it's hot outside, you might want to bring a battery operated fan.  This place is a perfect glamping experience for an extended date or weekend in beautiful Tennessee.