About Melton Hill Dam
Tennessee Valley Authority
Melton Hill Dam is located in Tennessee
15 Reviews of Melton Hill Dam
Bathing optional???

This campground could be amazing, IF they had more than 2 showers! There are only 2 bathhouses in the campground, with only one shower in each women’s and one in each men’s room. Also, there’s only two toilets in each women’s room. This is a real problem when the campground is full, plus a two night minimum was required when I stayed. So if you are not in an rv with a restroom/shower, keep in mind the bathhouse situation.

The campground is right on the lake, and it is beautiful! I stayed in tent site #62, it is the first site when you enter the campground only area. I was in a rooftop tent, so wasn’t able to park on the tent pad, but was able to make it work. The first sites are pretty close together, with not much privacy from your neighbors. There were other sites farther down that looked more spacious. We did not have electricity r water hookups, but there was a water spout nearby. The tent pad was pretty small, and was taken up by a giant concrete picnic table that was too small for an adult to sit at. You would need a small done tent for this one. The site text to us had a couple of some tents and put in on the pad and one on a flat spot in the grass and it worked for them.

The rv sites with hookups are all higher on the hill, but I believe they pretty much all had like views. The sites weren’t as spacious as I would like.

The campground has a swimming area, playground, boat launch, paved walking trails, very popular area for bike riding (if you like hills), fishing, basketball courts, picnic pavilion, etc.

There’s a camp store with essentials, including ice and firewood. The lady working in there was exceptionally nice and friendly!

The campground is conveniently located just a couple miles from the exit, and very close to West Knoxville. I really would love to see some updates on this potential gem!

Best campground within a short distance of Knoxville

Great hosts, reasonably priced camp store. Been camping here for 30 years, and it’s still my all time favorite place to camp! Beautiful lake and easy access to water. Clean facilities.

Great campground

We really enjoyed Milton Hill dam, very friendly people , well stocked store, easy access to swimming and fishing and full hook up sites if you want them. Easy access to my family in Knoxville Tennessee

Good family camping all ages

Good camp sites close to a dam lost of ishhing sopts ,ok bath house. Swiming area

Could be best campground if they built more bath houses.

I LOVED the campground but only gave it 2 stars because of the lousy bath house situation.

Why I loved the campground is because it's beautiful. Probably one of the best sites I've ever been on. Level, clean, concrete pads, perfect. There are tent sites right on the lake. Some of the tent campers brought their boats and parked them right next to their site.

Then you have to go to the bathroom or need to take a shower. They have 2 bath houses. One is in the area of the day use people so it's always in use. The 2nd one was 1000 steps, per fitbit, there and back from our site. When you get there, there's only one toilet and one urinal for the men and 2 toilets for the women. Only one shower in each bath house. We're talking over 60 sites total so if there are 4 people per site, that 240 people for 2 bath houses.

Convenient to Knoxville

We made a last minute trip to Melton Hill that was very conveniently located just outside of Knoxville. The campsite offers several options for camping along the water or in the woods. We stayed in the woods and the sites have little to no grass. mostly gravel, but that didn't stop us from having a great trip. Our kids enjoyed the nice beach and swim area that was located just a walk away from our site. I would highly recommend this site for those who live in Knoxville and want a short drive to a campsite. Also onsite is a campstore where you can purchase drinks, snacks fishing supplies, blow ups and other necessities. Close to the swimming area there is a covered pavillion with grills that would be perfect for a birthday party or reunion. We will definitely be back to this campground!

will return

very quiet campsite. we were close to the bath house which was kept very clean. I saw the camp host going to clean it at least once a day.. sometimes twice a day. speaking of camo hosts, they were the nicest, sweetest people. would definitely go back!! only downfall, the swimming area. wasn't a fan and didn't let the kids go in. but.. to each their own! :)

BEAUTIFUL PLACE

Beautiful place. A little hilly but beautiful view on lake. Large swimming area, some spots have electrical/water/sewer, others have less. Very affordable.

Quiet

Most sites are nice. Close to the water and quiet.

Love this place!!!

Clean, friendly staff, beautiful view. Green.