Water Unknown
About TVA Public Land- Fork Bend
Hike In
TVA Public Land- Fork Bend is located in Tennessee
3 Reviews of TVA Public Land- Fork Bend
Beautiful and Free but expect local trash

Beautiful waterfront camp sites. However, I think the locals use this as a weekend party spot, as there was a lot of trash (cans and food containers etc) left around. We also must have picked the local favorite swimming spot for our campsite as a group of people just pulled right into the site we were in and went down to use the lake. There were many other spots they could have accessed the lake so we found this very invasive. Other than that we really enjoyed our nights here. Don’t follow the directions from the link on the site. It will take you to a bible camp. From Demory Rd., take a right on Jim Lee rd, then take the second road on the left to head back to the public land area. Someone had carved in Fork Bend on the back of a road sign.

Secluded and on the water

My wife and I were looking for somewhere close to Knoxville with some privacy on the water for a Sunday night camping spot. This TVA ground did not disappoint. We were the only two on the entire island camping and or fishing. There are obviously people out there Fri and Sat nights but if you want a private island camping experience with your campsite on waters edge, this spot is amazing. There is even another little tip of the island you can kayak, swim or even wade to depending on depth of the water. There are fire rings in multiple locations and plenty of places to tuck back in for some privacy if anyone else is camping out there. It would be a great place for Kayak or bank fishing as well. About a 45min to an hour drive from Knoxville. There are no restrooms and or amenities so plan accordingly. Roads to get back there are dirt and steep/rutted out slightly in some places. You don’t necessarily need 4 wheel drive or an off-road vehicle but if you are worried about your vehicle running up against branches then this place isn’t for you. We absolutely loved this spot and can’t wait to go back!

Solitude- Lake and Forest

I recently learned that TVA land is free to camp on, so I sought out some close to me and found Fork Bend. If you want to get away from people, this place is for you. Fork Bend is a heavily wooded forest surrounded by Norris Lake, which is known for being the best lake around the area.

You can camp anywhere you’d like, so we found a great spot right on the lake. Unfortunately there’s a lot of trash around, it’s truly a shame some people pollute something so beautiful.

You won’t find restrooms, hookups, picnic tables, or anything like that, this is just public land for recreation. Hunting is allowed also, so be aware of hunting season dates. The road through the land is gravel, but it’s fairly rutted out in spots, so I don’t think I’d take a car through there, you’d be safe to take a truck or Jeep or something similar.

We enjoy truly being away from it all in nature, and the amazing lake, so we will be using this spot on a regular basis!