Add Review
Yurts
About Greenbrier Campground

We are surrounded by the Little Pigeon River and offer RV sites, tent camping, RV rentals, cabins, and bell tents. Located only 6 miles from downtown Gatlinburg and 8 miles from the entrance to the GSMNP, we are convenient to all area attractions.

Private
No Sanitary Dump
Greenbrier Campground is located in Tennessee
14 Reviews of Greenbrier Campground
Right outside of Gatlinburg

We camped here for a few days. The campground was nice staff was very friendly. The bathhouse are private everyone gets there own room with a toilet at shower which were all clean our first day there but then everyone that came in tracked dirt and mud and they stayed filthy the rest of our stay. They have a beach area on the river that is fun and cools you down very fast. The center of the campground is a large field used for tent camping and they have a primitive camping.

My favorite in the Gatlinburg area

I come here every May and October.  Reservations can be made online site specific.   All sites are good.   The ones towards the back in the 30s are always snatched up first as prime river spots.  Sites are adequate with full hookups.  Tent sites are interior.  Nice shower facility if needed.  Small store on site with essentials.  Easy access to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge.  Surrounded by hiking galore in the Great Smoky Mountains.   Nice swimming hole for summer fun.   Ping pong and other games.

Best bathrooms

The property is beautiful, surrounded by a little rushing river which you can hear from quite a distance - lovely white noise for sleeping.

Gravel tent pads prevent mud when it rains. They're a little small though. Only 16' x 16' tents allowed though which made things challenging for my family of 7. We had to buy a new, smaller tent, and had no room to store our kitchen supplies inside.

Most of the tent sites are in a clearing the middle of all the campers, which makes you feel a bit on display. There are about 6 sites that are down by the river, surrounded by more trees and away from the campers that are fantastic, but they fill up fast.

This campground is definitely geared more towards campers / glamping. The shower rooms were nicer than many hotels and well maintained.

There is lots of room for kids to play safely and they're constantly expanding and adding new features. Firewood is available for sale, as well as golf carts for rent.

BRING QUARTERS if you plan to use the laundry room. Change is only provided during office hours.

I plan to return.

Just a lovely place

The grounds are beautiful & well kept. The shower house & bathrooms are very nicely done & were always clean. The game room was the icing on the cake. Kids can play free games while parents talk around the fire. Refreshing & crystal clear stream circles the property with a beach area. My daughter played all day on that little beach-cool, clear water, plenty of shade made it the perfect place! Staff were super nice. Totally recommend!!

One of our favorites

The new owners have done an amazing job with the renovations. So good unfortunately that it is becoming very hard to get a spot. The river is amazing and great for tubing, fishing, and swimming. The bathrooms are the best I have ever seen in a campground. They are currently expanding so hopefully I can get back out there soon. Directly across the street from a quiet entrance to the national park. Great staff. Great campground. Highly recommend.

Great Proximity To Entry Of Smoky Mountains

When I traveled to Tennessee I really wanted to explore the Smoky Mountains and all there was to offer. I had so many suggestions as to which campground was the best and which I needed to stay at that I had to take the time to see as many of these options as I possibly could. This one was at the top of the suggested campsite list because of the following river just behind many of the campsite and the proximity to the entry of the mountains from Gaitlinburg.

I pulled in and it was a bit crowded. And by a bit I mean really crowded. Spaces appeared to be closer together than I typically would like my neighbor to be. Maybe it was my time of visitation, maybe it was the site itself but it just seemed like it was going to be a getting to know your neighbor moment from the start. And that it was! Lucky for me my neighbors were nice and didn't have any random dogs running and barking like some of those across the way.

I had reserved an actual site with amenities of electricity and water instead of opting for the tent site which looked a bit more like general population. I needed the power for my devices and so I thought the cost difference was worth it. Little did I know when booking just how much that would be to my advantage when I arrived. Not only did this give me water right behind me but it. also kept me from having neighbors really on top of me like the general population seemed to be.

The facilities included very nice restrooms which quite frankly made me do a double take on if I was at a campground. Then there was the clubhouse which had a lot of things that no other campground I had visited thus far in the Smokey Mountains had. I guess this is what you get when you stay at a privately owned site versus a government owned and maintained facility. There were also volleyball and basketball in addition to a pretty nice playground for the kiddos. I was pretty happy this was here because it kept kids from running crazy through camp looking for activities like they had been at a few of the other stops I had made.

So what was the kicker?

THE PRICE! They have 3 seasons at this campsite High, Low and Holiday and each season has a different price point. You are by far paying for your access to those amenities. Like I mentioned before I chose an upgraded site which I paid $39 for versus the $29 they were charging for group site camping which was primitive. They also had some non water tent sits which were $35 and that was on the low side as opposed to the RV rates which were so high I would have never considered staying during high season in excess of $45 to $69.

This by far was one of the nicest camps I have been to on this side of the Mississippi but it also came with a hefty price tag!

TIPS:

• Chose your time wisely. During high season it is always busy, try coming during low season and on a weekday.
  • Take full advantage of all amenities including the wifi and cable tv offered at each site! Mine as well if you are paying that much.
camping on the river!!

Great place for kids, awesome shower house, beautiful views, people very friendly.

Amazing views

We stayed in the waterfront walkin only tent site right by the river. Beautiful!!!

Restrooms and showers are very clean with AC!

Only 20 min from downtown gaitlinburg!

Majestic mountain beauty

The sound of the bubbling river right outside your door or tent flap. Rafting down the river to the swimming hole or just sitting on a rock. Fishing at the swimming hole in the evening is also a great activity for the family. Hands down my favorite campground. Oh did I mention the beautiful bath houses with granite and rock accents? Still looking for a bear in those mountains.

Love this campground.

Stumbled across this campground while camping elsewhere a couple of years ago. Looked so pretty and clean. Stayed here last November. The campground had only a few campers during the week. We were right on the river, and even though it was cold and wet, we had a great time. Are staying at Greenbrier next week and looking forward to it.