Yurts
Hike In
Henry Horton State Park is located in Tennessee
16 Reviews of Henry Horton State Park
Beginner friendly!

The backcountry campsites are just a short trek from the camp store, the hike itself follows the river. We only saw one other couple and no one else was staying at the second site so it was such a secluded weekend! Definitely recommend for quick overnight trips!

Every weekend!

For the a few months a few summers back when living in a small town in TN, we spent every weekend at HH. We always got a primitive site, appreciated the quiet, and loved the shady sites. Interactive heritage festivals and other activities frequently came to the center across the street. We have such fond memories here with family and friends and I highly recommend this park for everything from solo primitive camping to large group sites. It’s very wooded, which is always a bonus in the hot sticky TN summers.

Campground is peaceful

Campground is peaceful really good area next to the duck River no electric or water unless you have a camper the state park is across the street what the millions and play areas for the kids with a hotel restaurant in ground pool

So Green!

Stayed one night at Backcountry Site 1, and had the whole place to myself. Really manageable (and pretty) hike for an amateur camper like me with a bad back. Once I set up, I explored the river which was very nearby, and then did a little hiking. Lots of shade and from what I could tell, the facilities were really nice. Best part was definitely all the greenery on the river trail.

Winter Camping

Enjoyable stay. The campground is well maintained with plenty of shade at the sites. The bathrooms are nice and warm in the winter and clean.

ok

this place was very beautiful but the staff was not very helpful for us.

A good place for RV camping

This state park is not my favorite, mostly due to the area- it's just not that pretty! However it is a state park, meaning it's got all the usual amenities and will do the job. It's always quiet and it's easy to get to if you're in the middle TN area.

Absolutely loved this campground!!! They have a huge beautiful playground and during the summer kids activities. All the sites are spaced out with a ton of space and shade. The host was amazing and the rangers were on top of things. It was clean and quiet.

Amazing

Skeet shooting, trail hiking, lazy river, pool access, open fields, picnic areas love the atmosphere

One of my favorites.

Very clean, well-maintained campsite. Stayed in March when weather was pretty cool…heated bathrooms! bathroom facilities are very clean, and there are showers. There’s a fun little playground for kids. Great trails!! Campsites are somewhat separated by trees…it felt private.