the dyrt
About Baileys Point
Bailey's Point campground is the largest of the Army Corps of Engineers' campgrounds on Barren River Lake. This campground offers several waterfront campsites with scenic views of the lake. Though the campground is one of the largest, you won't know it. There is room to roam, five camping loops with diverse scenery, and private coves for swimming or mooring your boat. You are sure to find a site that's your escape to nature and relaxation. View a virtual tour of Barren River Lake. Recreation Baileys Point has a boat ramp for access to prime fishing, water skiing and boating. Several islands in proximity to the campground are great for a quick picnic getaway by boat. Birding is also a popular activity with a variety of species including kestrels, indigo buntings, bald eagles and at night you can hear the calls of barred owls. Hikers can explore the C.E. Rager Nature Trail and the Robert Foster Hiking Trail. Robert Foster Hiking Trail gives you the opportunity to see the diversity of trees Kentucky has to offer and the C.E. Rager Nature trail is a nice short stroll along the shoreline of the lake. Great for poking around and possibly seeing the resident white squirrel of Baileys Point! Facilities Baileys Point has 215 sites for a variety of RV and tent campers and is open April through October. Most sites are equipped with electric and water hookups. With two playgrounds, a sand volleyball court, basketball court and amphitheater for weekend movie nights, the campground offers plenty of opportunities for family entertainment. Natural Features The 10,000-acre lake is hugged by wooded hillsides in south-central Kentucky. With scenic views from almost every campsite, it's sure to make for a memorable camping experience. Nearby Attractions Across the lake from Baileys Point is the Barren River Lake State Resort Park, host of the Glasgow Highland Games. Other ramps and marinas close by are Port Oliver, Peninsula, and The Narrows. Not far away are other attractions such as the National Corvette Museum, Kentucky Down Under, Diamond Caverns, and many other day trips within reach. Visitors can explore Mammoth Cave National Park, an hour north of the campground. Charges & Cancellations Once your reservation has been created, there will be a $10.00 fee to cancel and a $10.00 fee to change your sites or dates. Cancellations made the day before, or up to the day after your arrival date will also be charged the first nights use fee. No-Shows are charged a $20.00 fee plus the first nights use fee. If your reservation is for 1 night, and you have been charged the first nights use fee, there is no $10.00 service fee. ADA Access: N
Sites
215
Drive In, Boat In
US Army Corps of Engineers
Baileys Point is located in Kentucky
Directions
From Glasgow, KY: Take 31-E south for 15 mi to Hwy 252. Turn right, go 1.5 mi to Hwy 517, turn right and follow signs to entrance. Approximately 19 miles southwest of Glasgow, KY.
9 Reviews of Baileys Point
Mighty fine place to be!

Booked this campground online and was very happy with our night stay! Be sure to reserve a spot right alongside water! Online booking shows a very easy to view map of different tent sites.

Enjoyed watching sunset here. Wish we had arrived earlier so we could swim!

Best campground around!

You can park your boat right by your camp spot. There are parking lots for your trailers. I love walking a few feet to the beach, and my boat. Beautiful shady spots.

Beatiful spot on the lake

This campground is a favorite spot of ours that is close to home. it is only a 40 minute drive from Bowling Green. it has nice bathroom and shower facilities. Great access to the lake and a variety of shaded campsites. The campground host are always gracious and helpful.

We camp with a teardrop, so every site we have stayed at is spacious and accommodating.

There is access to a boat ramp and a few miles of trails that connect to a picnic area. there is also a playground, volleyball court and ample opportunities to enjoy the lake.

Be sure to check out Paradise Point and The Landing at Port Oliver while you are there!

Right on the Water!

Love this campground. It's one of the few in the state where you can camp near the water and keep your kayaks or boat within a quick stroll. It also has welcome shade in almost every sIte which helps during the hot humid days of summer. A beautiful park during the fall with all the changing colors on the numerous trees, too. Barren River Lake is peaceful and serene to camp alongside. Facilities are well kept including bathhouses, park areas, laundry, roads and sites. Pet friendly. Online reservations are convenient. A favorite place just an hour from Bowling Green, KY.

My favorite place to be!

This is my favorite campground! it’s very clean most spots are very close to the lake It has nice showers and plenty of restrooms 3 or 4 playground areas and a volleyball court.

Always a great place!

We have been coming here for years. It never fails to be a great trip!

RANGER REVIEW: Showers Pass Crossover Jacket at Baileys Point Campground, KY

Campground Review: Roughly 20 miles from the Bowling Green, Ky I65 exit Baileys Point is a well laid out large campground. A-F site loops boardering Barren River Lake are set mostly in the trees/forest to provide shade and "dampen" noise.

I stayed at D11 and was right on the lake , adjacent to a small swimming area. If I had my kayak along I could have easily parked it at the bottom of the hill like several other campers had in my loop. The sites are close together but not so close that you feel like the neighbors are looking in your windows, lol

Gear Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I receive gear to review while camping. The SHOWERS PASS Crossover Jacket is a great addition to my gear. The bright pink waterproof jacket with reflective "tape", zippered pockets and vents kept me dry while I was packing up in the rain and walking my dogs. I really like the sealed zippers on the front and pockets, the bottom can be drawn tight around your waist to keep the elements out too. The only con that I had was the zippered vents located on the sides of the jacket, under the arm sleeves, let out body heat but my arms were still sweaty.

I wore this jacket previously during a duathlon. During the trail run it was loose enough and moved well with no "raincoat crinkle" noises. During the bike portion it "stayed in place" around my waist and the hood was large enough to use with my helmet with no restrictions while looking around. The bright color and reflective tape make you very visible on the road. I've already suggested this jacket to two friends who also do endurance sports.

Very Nice campground

We spent a cold rainy weekend at Bailey's Point but we manage to get the perfect site A23 in my opinion! It was opening weekend and to spite the weather there were quite a few campers there. The sites are sit up so there is a view of the lake from most of the sites and the site are fairly large. The grounds were very clean and maintained including the bath house, it is dog/pet friendly and the staff was very nice. There were some boaters and fisherman on lake even though it was about 40 degrees. We did not hike this trip the weather was just to miserable but we planning a return visit so we can see everything they have to offer.

Baileys Point Campground, Barren River Lake, KY

This campground has some of the prettiest lake sites we have seen with easy access to beach and water. Book early as the campground fills up often.