Chattanooga , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Chattanooga

Most Recent Chattanooga Camping Reviews
Really nice campground!

I was a bit confused cause I got here at 5 and the gate was closed, so I hung around trying to find my next move and when I pulled back around the gate was open? So a few more cars came through shortly after me..not sure if they open the gates in the afternoon for campers but it's open as of May 7! Beautiful site, right on the water and fire pits everywhere, bathrooms… For free you really can't beat this!

Not much of anything to improve!

I almost hate to leave such a review because I’m afraid I’ll never get into it again. Obviously we will return.

Pros:

• Usable internet - very important to us because husband works from the road
  • CLEAN, well kept
  • bathrooms so well done with showers individual rooms
  • laundry room nice and reasonably priced
  • game room and playground for kids of all ages
  • nice pond with small creek
  • pet friendly
  • full hookups and reasonable prices
  • nice, quaint store on site
  • FRIENDLY staff

Cons

• sites are closer together than we prefer, but everything else makes up for that
  • closest town 30 minutes down the mountain, however the Mennonite stores would have some things you might need only 15 minutes away.
Serene and beautiful

We only stayed one night and were disappointed to have to leave. Gorgeous park, immaculate facilities, and the park manager David was kind enough to meet us at the visitor center after hours and lead us to our site. The site was a well situated pull-through that was private even tho' the park was starting to fill up for the weekend. We visited Paradise Gardens in Summerville, a definite must-see for anyone interested in art and fascinating people. North entrance via 27 seemed like a better access point; we came in from the south, a confusing route with many twists and turns.

Not a lot of options near the parking lot for hammocks

The only decent spot for hammocks is the little campsite that is right in front of the parking lot. We went over to the clearing just north of the parking lot, but there were no good spots. The clearing was extremely overgrown, as was the tree line all around the clearing. At the site directly in front of the parking lot, you can really only get two hammocks, unless you want to stack your hammocks vertically. You'll have to tie both hammocks to the same tree at one end, and then use two trees on the other side. There is no water near this site. This site is OK if you need to be near the parking lot or don't want to hike your gear in and out. Otherwise, you're way better off going down to one of the other sites.

Johns Mtn

Be advised. The camp sites on the creek are shut down by the DNR. We stayed at spot 11. Its the first turn in on the street. Free to camp there and a good fire ring. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Just get there early to get a good spot. Good fishing and hiking in the area.

A BNB in the woods

It's been a couple years from what I remember, but my friend and I stopped here during a road trip! Great for viewing stars and just great in general. The descriptions is exactly how the site is set up. If you're heading down to GA, I would recommend stopping by Cloudland Canyon!

A BNB in the woods

Does the job (I hope) but would not stay here

A few friends and I planned to crash here back in 2018 for just one night since we were planning to visit the quarry for 2 days. As soon as we got there, it seemed poorly maintained and almost abandoned. We left right away after seeing what was left and decided that it was not safe especially when we were mostly all 18 year old girls. The quarry was pretty though! Please bring it back!

Very Nice Big Rig Friendly

Although we only stayed 3 days we had no issues in the park. Clean and well maintained. Free WiFi, not all that good.

Great place to camp and see natures great wonders

Love it