J Percy Priest Lake, TENNESSEE
Most Recent J Percy Priest Lake Camping Reviews
Cool park

Stayed there one night going to and one night coming back from WDW. It was quiet and clean. The spaces are ok, electric only. There is a nice walking trail that takes you by a pretty water fall. It’s a nice leg stretcher after being on road all day. The bathrooms are old but clean.

Great Facilities and Lots of Fun

I've grown up going to Montgomery Bell State Park and have been camping there for 23 years. The campground has water and electric hookups, space for RVs, and bathrooms with showers.

The campground is adjacent to a creek and a baseball diamond. In addition to these features, the park offers a lake for boating as well as a roped off swimming area and man-made beach. Next to the lake is the park lodge which includes a restaurant, meeting rooms, and a swimming pool. The lake also has a picnic pavilion with restrooms.

The park was built on an historic home site so there is an old chapel (which still has services) and an old log home as well as a small family cemetery. There are also a number of hiking trails, a suspension bridge, and very nice, modern cabins available to rent.

Wooded and great hiking

Came as a tenter. It was awesome that they have the rocky pads because it rained our whole trip and we stayed dry. It was very quiet for us and our site faced the open woods behind us. Hiking was great and rangers were friendly! Definitely recommend.

Perfect little spot

The downs: spaces are tight, location is in between a railroad and a highway, there is little shade & most spots are all gravel

BUT the people are amazing and make up for it in every way. Staff assists in parking and anything you need. We made great friends with our neighbors who were just as helpful and generous. Live music every night, breakfast and dinner available daily. Really is a great spot. Noise didn’t bother us at all from the trains, but we are from the city.

Bottom line, good value had a great time, would definitely stay again.

Amazing State Park

Clean and well kept campground. Sites are decent size but not very secluded. Bathrooms, including showers were clean. Draw to this campground would certainly be the state park. My wife ran a tri-athalon on a Sat so we stayed Fri and Sat. Great places to hike, bike and fish!

Beautiful Park!

The park is amazing! The campground is ok, the spaces are good sized with plenty of space between, If tent camping, I would try to get one along the wooded sides, you’ll have more privacy that way. We stayed on site 99, across from a small creek, but right in the middle of the campground. The bathrooms are just ok, there’s no changing room in the shower stalls, so be prepared.

Country feel, City close

Armstrong Acres is so peaceful. There's a lovely creek that flows along the wooded lot. Lots of camping options for tents. Tons of firewood!

Friendly, comfortable and quiet

We stayed here for the long Presidents Day weekend in a wooded drive through spot with few neighbors. We saw 10 deer one morning and hiked a trail with our 3 boys and 2 dogs. Electric and water hook-ups. Firewood available for cash only. Fire ring with grill and picnic table at our spot.

Just perfect

My sister and I were on a cross country road trip and made a stop here! It was exactly what we needed after being on the road! The restrooms were very clean, workers were friendly and helpful! Campsites were clean, the laundry room was a plus, and the WiFi was appreciated!

Very quiet and people are nice

Its right by the lake and it's very clean people are nice I would suggest you try camping here

Get ready to explore!

We were only able to stay one night, was a last minute booking. The campsites were clean as were the facilities. We camped with our 3 children, the oldest being 4, they all had a blast exploring the park. Lots to do and see. We will definitely be back!

So Green!

Stayed one night at Backcountry Site 1, and had the whole place to myself. Really manageable (and pretty) hike for an amateur camper like me with a bad back. Once I set up, I explored the river which was very nearby, and then did a little hiking. Lots of shade and from what I could tell, the facilities were really nice. Best part was definitely all the greenery on the river trail.

Cliff Jumping FTW!

Stayed at the primitive sites several times for my birthday. Their is parking nearby, but you either have to hike up or down a hill to get too and from the sites. Totally worth it. The facilities are very nice and the hikes I’ve done are lovely! Huge bonus feature is the awesome and picturesque observation tower at the visitor center, which is conveniently near a trailhead. Favorite part of Edgar Evins is the river access, which allows you to do some cliff jumping and offers a beautiful sunset view!

Great park, okay campground

Beautiful park. Lots of hiking trails. Lakes, fishing, golf course, villas, conference center with nice restaurant that has both buffet and menu items. Biking is doable in the campground area and over to the chapel. Biking to the lake, I don't recommend. Road has a lot of large hills and no bike lane on narrow road. Bathhouses very nice and clean. Most campsites gravel, spacious and level. Sites 71 and others nearby steep uphill grade. Firepit and table. Variety of primitive, electric w/ water and some FHU. Lots of trees. Small camp store with wood.

Camp by the water

COE-Campground. I love this campground, but hate the reservation system. Problem seeing sites booked, and the party no shows leaving a great site unavailable. Very frustrating. This reason knocks it down a couple notch’s on rating system.
Otherwise this is one of the best campgrounds in Tennessee. Beautiful lake views with rolling hills. Phone, TV, Satellite maybe unavailable on some sites. Campground does offers full hook- up, however some sites do not have sewer or 50 amp. Great for families! Kayaking and fishing and also beach for swimming. Picnic table and fire ring at all the sites. Book early!

Nice and easy camping

There is easy access and and plenty of space. Very close to where I live so it a great weekender.

Winter Camping

Enjoyable stay. The campground is well maintained with plenty of shade at the sites. The bathrooms are nice and warm in the winter and clean.

CCA campground. Spacious, mature trees, and cool waterfront breezes

We frequent this campground because it is close to home. Mostly suitable for RV camping with a few tent sites. All campsites have a fire ring, grill, and a trash can. 1/2 of the sites are direct waterfront, but the other half is close enough to benefit from the cool breezes of the Cumberland River. Fun to watch the river barges go by and fish. One boat ramp directly in the campground. A sandy beach area in the area, but there is no way I would go in that nasty river! The mature trees offer shaded canopy, but high enough your camper will more than likely not get snagged. There are pecans and walnut trees so be sure to wash your canopy when you get home to prevent stains. They do allow dogs, which is not a plus for me. People are allowing their dogs to become a barking nuisance. Large sandy children's playground. Adequate bathhouse. Extra parking for boats and jet skis. Well lit at night. The hosts are there but not overly friendly or intrusive. The county sheriff drives through twice a day. Corp of Engineer area so supposedly no drinking but most people do with no problem. Deer, Blue Herons, and Squirrels are abundant. Book at recreation.gov. Books fast in the fall.

Comfy campground just outside of downtown

This campground has it all! A bunch of amenities, the campgrounds were clean and well kept and they even offer a reasonably priced shuttle to downtown and back. Definitely staying here again when I am in the area!

Seclusion and history

Old Stone Fork State Park in TN is my idea of good camping. It’s a good family campground too.

No big thrills and tourist attractions. You can”unplug” and pry your kids away from the electronics. Pre-historical sites and the river trail is very technical and scenic. You can stay at the top for an easy hike or crawl down to the river and follow the trail through the tree roots and rocks. There are informational plaques along the way and a small store/museum at the trailhead.

The campground has good shade and space between sites. The usual picnic table and fire ring. A few of the sites can become water logged if there’s a good downpour. Bike riding to explore the park is quite common so watch your speed when driving in.

We stayed here overnight and had a relaxing , quiet time after exploring the river area. It just has that old feel to it, like Duck River has been there forever and will be there long after us.

beautiful

great place to camp both RV and primitive!

Great Campground

The TN website was down so I was unable to book a site ahead of time and calling I found out the store closes at 4. Not a problem, they said pick a site without a res and pay in the morning. Beautiful view of the lake but werid to be a tent camper with the nice decks. I pick a site with a spot of dirt on the side. Plan ahead, I didn't consider that I couldn't buy firewood after arriving and there was little to choose from in the woods also I may go for the very nice primative sites in the future. You have to walk in but no one was there this trip. I didn't even know they were there until I took a walk the next morning.

FUN

We had a great time! Canoing is a must!

ok

this place was very beautiful but the staff was not very helpful for us.

beautiful fall location

this place was the most beautiful place especially in the fall. there park staff was great and super helpful!

Clean, efficient and busy.

This is a nice campground if you want to be able to access downtown Nashville but still want to camp. There is a shuttle to and from and Uber and Lyft are available also. It is well maintained with clean, hot showers and some outdoor space with games and hammocks. There is a large pool also. The people are friendly and helpful.

Super Shady (in the best way)

We love this place! It's close enough to a small town if you need to grab a few things. The sites are level and there are plenty of shade trees to go around. Very quiet at night also. The showers are SUPER clean!!

Awesome Platforms that overlook Center Hill Lake

This is one of our favorite places. Great engineering to make the platforms hang off the slde of cliffs. This place is very quiet, VERY clean one of the top places near Nashville.

This is a very nice and clean. It is located on Percy Priest Lake.

There are sites on the water, but you have to reserve them early. You can see the lake on most of the sites. It is well kept and very safe. This campground fills up fast so you need to reserve your site fast. It has a boat ramp if you bring your boat, jet ski,etc. It also has a beach where you can swim. We have camped in this campground many times and never had any trouble.

Great trails

This park is great for family activity, and has nearly 20 miles of trails. All trails are marked very well and the park provides maps in the information office. It wasn’t too crowded when we went, but we did go early on a weekday.

Picnic tables, trash cans and grills are available at campsites. There are over 100 campsites available with a variety of electric, water, and sewer accommodations. They do get picky on how many people/tents are at each site so keep this in mind and review their rules on the website.