J Percy Priest Lake, TENNESSEE

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent J Percy Priest Lake Camping Reviews
Hidden gem

My wife and I camped here on February 15 2020. Super easy check in. We traveled in a 29' motorhome. We stayed in section 1, site 22. It was right beside the shower house. It was a pull through site, but it was a little tight. To my surprise I opened the electric pedestal, and there was only 50 amp service. I'm set up for 30 amp, so I had to use an adapter. Keep in mind, while making reservations, section 1 has very small, cramped together sites.
We took a walk around section 2, and section 3. There was a lot more room, and seemed a little more private. I would recommend them over section 1. Wood was available for purchase in small bundles for $6 each cash only. I was actually surprised by how many people were camping in February. I would suggest reserving your spot a bit in advance. We look forward to returning.

Quiet and well kept up with.

Used to come here all the time before we moved to FL.

Very Nice

Well kept spots, very nice well run campground with all the amenities

Good base camp

Center Hill Campground is a good basic Corp of Engineer created area. You have your sites, your facilities and a playground. There’s also a boatramp. If you like fishing this would work well and if your just wanting to chill at your camper, otherwise some driving will be involved in your adventures.

Sorta like a treehouse

Edgar Evins SP is unique in that the campground sites are decks, which is actually pretty cool. Now the one down side is that certain sites can be a challenge to back into. If you are a talented backer upper shouldn’t be an issue. However if your backing up could use some practice, and/or causes fights with your spouse you may want to call and ask the easier sites to set up in…just saying, less stress. The bottom sites are along the lake and you are across from the marina. Another thing is your cooking area is off the side of your deck with your picnic table. The primitive sites are walk in and have some pretty sweet views of the lake. Downside your walking up and down a slope with your gear. Speaking of slopes, the whole campground is on a slope so your pretty much either going up or down. Cool stairways to use and strategically placed facilities. The store and trash are located wheee you park for the primitive sites at the entrance. There’s a trail in the campground that gives you a quick route to the beach area.

I love it here.

There are free hot showers, laundry facilities in the summer, and it's clean and well kept. It's not too far from Nashville. White Bluff, the closest town, is only a few miles away and is a cute little town. Would highly recommend.

Loved our stay

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Bledsoe Creek State Park! Campground was very clean. Plenty of spaces between sites. State park officers were very friendly. We will definitely return again!

Nice lakeside park

We enjoyed our stay and took full advantage of the lake. We paddle boarded, swam, and kayaked. The pool area is nice and they had live music on Saturday night.

It’s a little pricey, but if you want to experience Nashville, it’s a pretty good deal given the proximity.

Not much shade on most sights but the area is well kept and clean. Trash pickup every morning.

One of TNs Best Parks

As avid campers and new Camper trailer owners, we've set out on a journey to enjoy as many parks as possible.

Signage and entrance is well lit, easy to find and navigate. There's a welcome center, camp store, sells firewood and ice (no propane LPG) and great sites.

One of the best parts of this park is the views. If you're able to go/get to camp during the day, you'll see spectacular views of the lake/dam and river.

The RV campsites are all in great shape, and are like a camping on a side pier. Bathroom was nice, hot water and clean. Dump station was in nice shape and overall was a beautiful place.

Overall, we're seeing that TN stateparks tend to be nicer and better kept up than Army Corp of Engineer parks which all typically close at Oct 31st.

We'll be back Edgar!

Very nice place

The site I had was a little awkward backing into and the water hookup was on the wrong side for my camper. Nice facilities.