Cherokee National Forest, TENNESSEE
Camping Tennessee Cherokee National Forest
Most Recent Cherokee National Forest Camping Reviews
Beautiful park and everything you need

Great park! It’s got all you need from camping to trails to swimming to even learning history about the area and the park itself! Great for the family!

All you need for a weekend getaway

Beautiful campground right on the lake can’t beat it! Well updates and kept campground nice restrooms facility!

Beautiful and peaceful

Awesome campground love coming here! It’s super peaceful and super beautiful! The campgrounds are well kept up and there is showers and bathrooms! The camp host are super helpful and super friendly! The campground provides tubes for floating down the river and also there is a rafting center right down the road! Great place for a weekend getaway!

Fun Fun Fun

We had a great time here! The sites are really close tho! Beautiful campgrounds with tons of things to keep the kids busy when you are at the site!

LOVED this campground

Fun family friendly campground. They have a pool, playground, store, air conditioned bathroom/bath houses. There is a river that runs through the camp that is fun to play or fish in. There is also a pond for fishing. We were in row D near the end and the bathrooms were a good ways away. Definitely suggest having a bike or something to make the trek each time a little quicker. Our view was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place. We will be back.

Life in the clouds

Best kept secret in the Smokies. Shhhhh…

A bit cramped

Very close to downtown Sevierville Tennessee and Dolly Parton’s Amusement park. With pay shuttles to and from the Ryman theater and the Grand Ole Oprey. The camp is like a parking lot with one or two trees as a separation from your neighbor. Overall, a good place to park for the weekend and enjoy the sites

Great weekend getaway by the river

This campground is great for a full hookup experience. We enjoyed the pond for fishing and the playground. The campground has lots of events at their community building. They were having a campground wide yard sale while we were there which was great. Sites are level and easily accessible.

Perfect Escape into Nature

This campground is perfect for those wanting to escape into nature for a few days. There are only two sites with electric hookup but it is really not needed in this cool cove below mount Mitchell. This is a family favorite for us. Some sites are wooded and some are along the river. South Toe River has some of the clearest water nation wide.

I wanted to love it

The campground is surprisingly pretty (especially the western end next to the lake and river), and well maintained, but it was just way too loud. Between the next door mobile home park with dogs barking ALL night, to the train, to the busy road with emergency vehicles and jake brakes, I slept awful even with ear plugs in our tent. Also, our section had some college aged kids who were really loud till 2:00 AM one night with no quite hours enforcement, I wanted to love it due to the natural scenery but the sleeping issues really put a damper on an otherwise great campground.

Very convenient to lots of sites.

Very close to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure.

Clean and quiet.

My first shelter experience, and I really enjoyed it. Most times, the people you are huddled with are what make or break a shelter stay, and I was very lucky to have awesome campmates. The shelter was surprisingly clean. The privy was too, shockingly. Water source was very close to the shelter. We had zero issues with bugs or critters bothering us at night. I was also able to get cell/satellite service outside the shelter and up on the AT.

Very nice

It was a very nice campground. The weekend we were there, there was also large scout troops there so playground was very busy and loud. My son only got to go down the slide once. The layout was nice. Our site was nice and perfect for us. The fishing pond needs to be cleaned badly! We will be trying to go back again at some point.

Greateat views

Hot showers, bathrooms and some of the the best views in the Smokies.

Can no longer recommend.

Riverbreeze is conveniently located in Marion, NC. Their primary focus is fulltimers. We made a reservation for one month and were told we had a "pull through" site. We were given what I would call an overnight site. We stepped out of our front door into the road and had no yard area. We moved to another campground after the 3rd night. We will not be going back to Riverbreeze. Our first time here was several years ago. We enjoyed our one week stay on our first visit. I've heard they had to make 3 high water evacuations last year.

So-so campground

The area is beautiful and the falls are a worthy destination, but the campground leaves a little to be desired. The spaces are close together and many of them are not shaded very well. There are better campgrounds nearby.

Cool but spooky

The best part of this campground is Crabtree Falls. It's absolutely beautiful and there is plenty of room to picnic on a rock and swing in a hammock near by. The sites are large and many are very private. On that note, I have never heard as much animal activity outside my tent as I did camping here. It sounded like something, perhaps a fox or coyote, was hunting mice in the leaves right next to my tent.

Fun times

Awesome time with family and friends

On the Lake

Great place to camp and fish.

Great place to camp and fish.

Wonderful Place

Spent a lot of time here in my younger days. Great place to take kids for picnic and to play in the Creek.

The doorstep to Mt Mitchell

This is a well maintained campground. Showers and bathrooms onsite. Water is available throughout the camp ground. While camping here there’s a creek that runs along the campground and many trails to explore. From here you can climb 4000ft to the summit of Mt Mitchell. It’s a great, challenging hike with many rewards along the way.

Quiet and Private Camping

This campground was well laid out. None of the sites were on top of each other, and every site was very lush with greenery.

We had a lot of rain while there, however we made the best of it and the kids loved it!

Bathhouse was clean and had showers.

Several options for kids to enjoy the property with a game room and fishing lake.

Moderate Trail to Spectacular Views

This campground and trail is located off of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We decided to do the loop, rather than hiking back up the rocky path after the kids were tired from playing in the water. The trial was easier on the second half of the loop, as it was dirt rather than rock.

Overall, the view of the waterfall is mesmerizing! And a nice breaking spot for the loop distance.

Creekside Camping

Indian Creek offers the most relaxing creekside camping in North Carolina.

Every campsite is lush with greenery, private and well maintained after each occupancy. The bathhouse is the cleanest I have found and the campsite store carries all of your forgotten necessities, and more!

My husband and I love coming back to this campground, because how of well we and our kids sleep! The sound of the creek at night melts all of your worries away and takes you off to peaceful slumber.

This campground is always in rotation for a visit.

Family Favorite Campground

How exactly do you beat these views?

Campsite #6 is our favorite, and never disappoints. Our first night on this trip, the sky was clear and we could see the milky way! We left home and the temperate was well into the high 90’s, however the temperate on top of the mountain never came above 62! The sunset from the campground parking lot and our campsite, is breathtaking as you can see in the photos I’ve included.

This is a primitive campground. So if you’re family needs some ‘downtime’ to disconnect and unwind, find your way to Mt. Mitchell Campground. Explore cooking over a campfire and hiking the trails in the refreshing 60 degree weather. No electricity, no wi-fi, just pure quality time.

Important note: Do pay attention to the weather, listed on the state park website. Wind gusts easily get into the double digits, and if you aren’t prepared for that, it can be alarming, especially while tent camping.

Very clean good river access

Limited sites, fills up on the weekends

Small but clean

Dogs welcome. There were a lot of people there with horses when I went. They have a small pool. Facilities were clean. Bring bug spray! In summer the mosquitoes were terrible!