Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Harrison Bay is located in Tennessee
29 Reviews of Harrison Bay
Much to do in area

Campground was full, so we parked our pop up camper in the primitive area, was so nice & quiet. Bathhouse was small, only 4 bathrooms in the unit. Shower & toilet in each bathroom, meant long lines to use the bathroom even if not showering.

Great

They hold a county fair every year in late spring. Family friendly, pool, tennis courts, water access, camping and more.

Awesome location and amenities

We stayed here for a weekend last month. Campground A has the roomy, level lots and B has right narrow lots that are very uneven with a plethora of trees around. They have a pool, restaurant, hiking, boating, kayaking, paddle boarding right at the campground on Chickamauga Lake and the Tennessee River. Harrison Bay is beautiful. Our only complaint is that there looked like a few years worth of dead trees stacked behind our spot.

Perfect weekend

Me and my brothers had an amazing time at this campground. We rented paddle boards nearby and drove to waterfalls. It’s a great central location for multiple activities.

Nice campground, tight un-level sites

We camped from 6-13-20 to 6-20-20 in area B. The bad: The sites are a little tight for the bigger campers requiring a lot of maneuvering to get in the site. Ours was very un-level, the tongue of our camping was ~4.5' off the ground. The good: the restroom/bath-house was always very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The campground is located on a huge beautiful lake for boating, kayaking, fishing, and swimming. We will be going back at some point for sure.

Stunning place

We were in the first week of November absolutely lovely park loved the staff in the office they were so accommodating We had a nice level site plenty of space to spread out and kick our shoes off for a few nights sunsets were incredible cool autumn nights Trails galore and nice wildlife scenery for photography

Level park

Level fishing is great. Very few large sites

Ehhhh

It seems like they just put everyone on top of each other. The spot that I was in was so much of a hill that it took 3 sets of blocks to get everything level.

Nice campground!

Pretty good campground. It being located right on the lake makes it easy for us to put on paddle board and kayak into the water. There are 4 sections, 3 with electric and water that fill up pretty fast on the weekends. We just got lucky and were able to get a full week in one campsite. People cancel often so don’t give up hope! Only downside is that everyone is pretty clumped together and only 4 shower/bathrooms in section C making bathroom breaks a bit hard when people are just showering

Great Campground for Kayaking and Fishing

My wife and I stayed at this campground while coaching a softball tournament in Chattanooga. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to fish as much as I would like due to our tourney schedule. I did have an opportunity to explore the campground and state park and can’t wait to get back down there. We had to pull our pop-up camper so we stayed in an electric site. The site was an extremely level pull through site. It was a little closer to some other campers than I would typically like but the layout allowed for plenty of privacy. I was a bit frustrated when we had to move from one site to another from Fri-Sat because they supposedly only had our site open for 1 night. We looked on the website and it showed our site open Sat night as well but when we asked at the desk they said it was booked and we had to move. Outside of this inconvenience I have no complaints as far as customer service. The bathrooms were clean and well kept, amenities abundant and plenty to do in this state park. The tent sites were far more private with easy access to the lake. I would recommend this campground but if you would like a waterfront site make sure you book well in advance. They also have an extremely nice, giant swimming pool. This is also a great campground for group camping and be sure to check out renting the Patton Hill sites!