Old Hickory Lake, TENNESSEE

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Old Hickory Lake Camping Reviews
Hidden gem

My wife and I camped here on February 15 2020. Super easy check in. We traveled in a 29' motorhome. We stayed in section 1, site 22. It was right beside the shower house. It was a pull through site, but it was a little tight. To my surprise I opened the electric pedestal, and there was only 50 amp service. I'm set up for 30 amp, so I had to use an adapter. Keep in mind, while making reservations, section 1 has very small, cramped together sites.
We took a walk around section 2, and section 3. There was a lot more room, and seemed a little more private. I would recommend them over section 1. Wood was available for purchase in small bundles for $6 each cash only. I was actually surprised by how many people were camping in February. I would suggest reserving your spot a bit in advance. We look forward to returning.

this is an amazing place to go camping

its a wonder full place to go have fun with kids and family and pets and good for fishing

Quiet and well kept up with.

Used to come here all the time before we moved to FL.

Very Nice

Well kept spots, very nice well run campground with all the amenities

Good base camp

Center Hill Campground is a good basic Corp of Engineer created area. You have your sites, your facilities and a playground. There’s also a boatramp. If you like fishing this would work well and if your just wanting to chill at your camper, otherwise some driving will be involved in your adventures.

Sorta like a treehouse

Edgar Evins SP is unique in that the campground sites are decks, which is actually pretty cool. Now the one down side is that certain sites can be a challenge to back into. If you are a talented backer upper shouldn’t be an issue. However if your backing up could use some practice, and/or causes fights with your spouse you may want to call and ask the easier sites to set up in…just saying, less stress. The bottom sites are along the lake and you are across from the marina. Another thing is your cooking area is off the side of your deck with your picnic table. The primitive sites are walk in and have some pretty sweet views of the lake. Downside your walking up and down a slope with your gear. Speaking of slopes, the whole campground is on a slope so your pretty much either going up or down. Cool stairways to use and strategically placed facilities. The store and trash are located wheee you park for the primitive sites at the entrance. There’s a trail in the campground that gives you a quick route to the beach area.

Fish!

The Barren River Tailwater is a hidden treasure. On the far side of the dam from the main park. Right across the road is Port Oliver and the Twisted Oliver Trail. And fishing ALL around! The campground is partially shaded the sites level and several are right on the water. Several of the sites are close together and would work well for a group. There is a playground and picnic area nearby. In the winter months it is almost empty. In the summer fisher folk and kayakers abound.

I love it here.

There are free hot showers, laundry facilities in the summer, and it's clean and well kept. It's not too far from Nashville. White Bluff, the closest town, is only a few miles away and is a cute little town. Would highly recommend.

Loved our stay

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Bledsoe Creek State Park! Campground was very clean. Plenty of spaces between sites. State park officers were very friendly. We will definitely return again!

Nice lakeside park

We enjoyed our stay and took full advantage of the lake. We paddle boarded, swam, and kayaked. The pool area is nice and they had live music on Saturday night.

It’s a little pricey, but if you want to experience Nashville, it’s a pretty good deal given the proximity.

Not much shade on most sights but the area is well kept and clean. Trash pickup every morning.