Camping in McDaniel

191 Reviews of 14 McDaniel, Tennessee Campgrounds

Michelle B.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Great for an Overnight

I only stayed here for a night while I was driving through. I arrived at the campground after the office closed, but they called ahead of time to let me know all the information I needed to find my site and I was able to find it with ease. The bathrooms were well maintained and it was a nice,…

Month of VisitOctober
A
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Needs more info on site

Website said trail for primitive was good for beginners. It isn’t. That was a pretty difficult trail. Also for primitive don’t plan on bringing anything other than a backpack cause you will need your arms for support during certain climbs. They need photos of actual trail w/ site photos.

Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Sweet spot

4 miles south of I 40 , 35 miles southeast of Nashville. Very nicely maintained, full hook-ups on the Caney Fork River, just below the damage. Great camp host and very quiet. Stayed in #20 spot, arrived with a 30 minute rain deluge. #20 needs a load of pea gravel to facilitate drainage. Looks as…

• looking out into camp area
  • nice large site but very in need of drainage
  • easy back in with sites at river side
Site#20
W
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Confused with wrong website

This campground is a family friendly place and has nothing to do with “My Whispering Oaks.org”. A few of the seasonal residents keep their sites cluttered. The campground overall is very nice. They are in the process of adding additional pull thru sites. We enjoyed two overnight stays, charging our…

• The littlest RV at the campground
Sitesite 52 and then 54
Lauren C.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Amazing Experience!

We had a wonderful experience at Piney River RV Resort during the 4th of July Weekend. Level concrete pads, very roomy. Private campground access to the Piney River was a great treat, especially with our small children. We will definite be back!

• Perfect spot for fireworks and family time!
Alissa B.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Not great but sufficient

Pros: They offer disability/handicap and senior discounts which is nice, not a lot of places offer that. Decent price. Receptionist was friendly. Had a lot of hiking trails around, cool park area. Everything else was mediocre or disappointing.

Cons: The power went out in the entire park in the…

Katie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Serene and much to explore

I love staying here. After full-timing since October, this is the first place we have come back to. The park is so clean, has many trails and you have pretty big spaces available to camp.

Only downfall is that we didn’t have sewer hookup, but that

Timothy T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Busy in Manchester

This campground is most of the time full. It has large pull through sites but they are a little narrow. There is a pool, ping pong,pool table, play ground & a large gathering area. Full hookups.

SiteDid not stay
Katie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

A pretty stay in TN

We stayed here for a week. Their wifi is very slow and hardly any cell service. They do have a nice pool and a cute barn. They have a nice place for the kids to play in the field with a play ground. We accidentally tripped the circuit breaker and the owner came and helped right away.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Quick stop

We are in our way east and stopped for the night. This place has everything we needed and the staff was nice.

SiteTent no hook ups P3
Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Good spot

My favorite thing about this campground was it’s proximity to Narrows of the Harper, which I wanted to hike. Tent site, a little close in the campground, but not so bad it affected the experience negatively. Facilities well-maintained.

Steve G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nowhere near level and quite the audience

We camped here for one night as a stopover. We didn’t even sit out under the awning because so many cabins and campers were all facing where we were. The site was nowhere near level side to side.

A
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Close-ish to Nashville city

We chose this campground mainly because we wanted to be close to the city of Nashville. However it took quite a while Uber into the city (about 30+ minutes) and be careful when those surge prices hit after midnight you pay easily $80 to get back to the camp ground. The staff was really nice. They…

Siteoverflow parking
Michael L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Great spot to camp and fish

We stayed right on the river for two nights and had a great time.

Dan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Local favorite

Close to town and accessible. Great nature center, trails, and even a small cave for spelunking. Clean sites and friendly staff.

Sitearea 2 site 65